Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I really enjoyed Episode VII, but when Plinkett talks about how the story could have been told in a way that's true to Star Wars without being a copy of it, it really does seem like it could been way better. Here's hoping they take more chances with the future movies.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I'm willing to bet they will take more chances going forward. They had one job with 7 and that was to get the general population excited about Star Wars again. I'd say mission accomplished. Rogue One will be the true test if they can pull off the side stories. And 8 will have to go it's own direction away from safe space.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yeah you can appraise 7 in two ways. One would be purely as a story telling device with no other considerations. The other is in light of what it had to accomplish in terms of the broader scope of the franchise going forward. It had been 32 frickin' years since the last Star Wars movie before it that truly felt like one had been made. They had to restore fan confidence in Lucasfilm still knowing how to make those. They did it by returning the franchise to a familiar footing and gave themselves a lot more freedom to stretch their wings going forward.

If they fail to do so then I'll start holding it more against them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

7 in every perpective, in every light and aspect is a bazzilion times better than ep 1,2, and 3. It did as stated above, got people focused back on StarWars in a good way - it successfully washed the taste of 1,2,3 out and left people wanting more.

Fadaar

That guy
If Rogue One ends up being the massive success we're all hoping it can be then Disney might let more stuff fly with other movies, but I think even ep 8 and 9 are going to be fairly 'safe'.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah. the "main episodes" are probably going to just be status quo. that's probably always been the goal, with the "extra" films as opportunities to explore new ground.

Royal

Tfaviynl0-768x544.jpg

TFAViynl8-768x544.jpg

tfaviynl6-768x544.jpg
TFAVIYNL11-768x395.jpg

tfaviynl5-768x544.jpg

• 1Like

Royal

The only scene that Abrams shot in IMAX, shown in it's full scale (IMAX scale starts at 1:34, you'll notice when it shifts in full screen).

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
This guy needs an editor.

He makes some good points but does things like have crazy rants at his critics about the relevence of drop pod lighting over an hour in and tells them not to watch his video as it isn't for them, when any critics have already nearly finished the video.

He even provides timestamps in the first comment which correspond to the number of videos he should have cut this up into.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So who the hell taught Rey about periods? Who would have shown her how to use tampons of pads?

• 1Seriously?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So who the hell taught Rey about periods? Who would have shown her how to use tampons of pads?

She was wrapped in gauze the whole movie, I think she was prepared. She could just wad some of her outfit up and stick it up her cooch.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
She was wrapped in gauze the whole movie, I think she was prepared. She could just wad some of her outfit up and stick it up her cooch.
i'm sure she was a menstruation expert. everything she deicded to do she was tops.

• 2Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dude, they can travel at light speed, I guarantee someone sat down and figured out the everlasting gobstopper of tampons at some point. Or she uses the force to hold it all up in there, and opportunistically force throws the stored up blood ball at her enemies...

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Padme was 32 and she couldn't survive child birth, perhaps human females in the Star Wars galaxy don't have their first reproductive cycles until much later because they have such a weak constitution especially when sandy vaginas are involved.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Padme was 32 and she couldn't survive child birth, perhaps human females in the Star Wars galaxy don't have their first reproductive cycles until much later because they have such a weak constitution especially when sandy vaginas are involved.

When I first saw that I was convinced that the medical droid was going to kill her. There was going to be a close up on the droid's instrument arm, a tiny blade would appear, and a small yet lethal incision made. Oh no, I can't stop the bleeding I caused! Danger Will Robinson, danger!

Not only did that not happen but she then dies of sadness. "She had nothing to live for" was I think how it was phrased. Nothing to live for? She just gave birth to twins!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
When I first saw that I was convinced that the medical droid was going to kill her. There was going to be a close up on the droid's instrument arm, a tiny blade would appear, and a small yet lethal incision made. Oh no, I can't stop the bleeding I caused! Danger Will Robinson, danger!

Not only did that not happen but she then dies of sadness. "She had nothing to live for" was I think how it was phrased. Nothing to live for? She just gave birth to twins!
Yeah that was colossally stupid. I think I gave an audible what the fuck at that line in the theater. Lucas can't write for shit.

• 1Like