Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have been looking for a BB-8 sphero droid since the day it came out and today I finally found one at retail price. If anyone from Canada missed out on it, there are some available on the apple store. My kid is gonna have a great Christmas... oh who am I kidding, this is gonna be the coolest toyIever had!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
agreed, they have already mentioned that Luke doesnt have a lot of screen time in the movie so I'm assuming he will be the end of the movie cliff hanger thing (training someone ala yoda)and Han will bite the bullet by Kylo
I'm going to be totes pissed if it's that simple and repetitive of a story.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Sorry if this is a re-post, I have not been able to keep up with the forums lately. I know there was some Saber Fight discussion some pages back, so this will probably be relevant, at least I hope.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It's almost like we have to rely on lightning fast edits to hide the choreography.

It'd be a lot easier if simply getting touched by a lightsaber wasn't like, instant game over I guess.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jedi and Lightsabers are basically the pinnacle of the way our culture (and Japan's) romanticize Samurai and Katanas. Jedi are literally supernatural sword-masters with superhuman physical capabilities, foresight, and various other abilities, and their peerless weapons are actually capable of arrow cutting and piercing through multiple feet of heavy duty steel, or whatever it is a hyper-advanced civilization constructs their emergency blast doors out of.

I mean I know Lucas used Samurai as his inspiration for the Jedi, but in a way the Jedi are also a satire of Samurai as well, or at least a satire of the way we romanticize them.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Stop fucking up my childhood, yes lightsabers are so absurdly lethal that an extended duel is a ludicrous fantasy. Jedi have magic mind powers and reflexes, goddammit.

SAVE US, JJ ABRAMS. YOU'RE OUR ONLY HOPE.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Mythbusters also did a credible job at showing how stupid the "high ground advantage" is, even with lightsabers.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Mythbusters also did a credible job at showing how stupid the "high ground advantage" is, even with lightsabers.
How? By using the force to attempt to catapult themselves 10-15 feet into the air while flipping over an opponent armed with a lightsaber on higher ground than them?

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Darth Maul had the highest of high-grounds and a lightsaber and was staring right into Obi Wans eyes.

How'd that work out for him?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
That was his mistake. You never stare into your opponent's eyes.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Some pictures of merchandise came out, people are speculating who is force trained etc because of it.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
They had an entire Star Wars aisle at Target today. Looks like Hasbro is making a cheaper RC version of BB-8, only costs 80 bucks, probably sucks. They have at least two drones, a quad version of the millenium falcon and another one. A bunch of huge figures and a bunch of lightsabers, cheap plastic ones that fit together to build big ridiculous light sabers.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
The high ground is retarded because 10 seconds earlier they both jumped lile4 80 ft in the air, so Anikin could have just jumped over him and then he would have had the high ground and we could have watched a sweet game of leepfrog.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the problem is they wrote the fight scene and then couldn't think of a good way for Obi-Wan to win, so they just did that stupid high ground bullshit. Think I've posted this before but instead of trying to jump over Obi-Wan, he should have just been jumping for a ledge or something Obi-Wan had jumped to to avoid another lava fall or something, but jumps from too far away and isn't able to catch hold and falls. Or if you wanted to make it really dark and less anti-climactic, have him catch on to the edge but not able to pull himself up at first, then Obi-Wan walks over and says something like 'you always did overestimate yourself' or something and then kicks him off into the lava. Of course he then turns and leaves without noticing that Anakin fell at the edge of the lava flow and is lying there badly burned and crippled on the bank for the Emperor to come rescue. And the force is so unbalanced or the dark side is so strong on Mustafar or whatever the fuck that he can't tell Anakin survived the fall.

I mean god I'm no script writer but I think that's at least better than the 'i have the high ground' ending.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Or maybe it was just a stupid prophecy that wasn't even about Anakin. Maybe Shmi lied about her immaculate conception because she didn't want to admit she had no idea who the father was because of how often she was raped as a slave. Maybe Qui-gon was retarded and there was no vergence centered on Anakin, he was just naturally gifted with the force and minichlorines.

In the time of greatest despair,
a child shall be born
who will destroy the Sith
and bring balance to the Force.
Anakin was't born in the time of greatest despair. The galaxy was pretty goddamn peaceful, Palpatine was probably still in the very beginning of his plans to become Supreme Chancellor. Anakin also didn't destroy the Sith, he made the Sith more powerful than they had been since the time of the Old Republic. Even if you ignore all of Palpatines clones, the Emperor's Hand operative who became Darth Lumiya continued the rule of two and eventually corrupted Jacen Solo, the Lost Tribe of Sith and One Sith cults, because all that shit is EU and not canon anymore, if nothing else Darth Maul is presumably still alive. He was alive at the end of Son of Dathomir and Sidious expressed no further interest in hunting him down.

If anything, the prophecy fits Meetra Surik better than it fits Anakin.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The prophecy was about Luke, bro.

Where did you find the actual prophecy. I don't think I've ever seen it before.