Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
no one would be happy with Revan showing up. did you play the mmo? they shit on Revan enough. no one wants to ever see him/her again to be made even worse.

that said, could be named dropped. clone wars did.
Played Kotor's many times, loved the series (yes even Kotor2)(even bought it for ipad when it came out, plays great!) what'd they do w/ Revan lore in the MMO?

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Played Kotor's many times, loved the series (yes even Kotor2)(even bought it for ipad when it came out, plays great!) what'd they do w/ Revan lore in the MMO?
It's best to just think of Revan from the original KOTOR - in my opinion, one of the best non-trilogy Star Wars characters in the whole extended universe - and not think about what happened to him in the MMO.

And while I wouldn't be happy with Revan showing up in the flesh, I would be totally pleased with the 'sith artifact / throwaway history' angle as a little Easter Egg. Nice quick little homage would be perfect.

Cybsled

I can only comment on vanilla SWTOR, but basically after the events of KOTR, Revan got frozen/put in stasis by the Sith Emperor and is eventually freed. The perspective changes depending if you are Empire or Alliance...Alliance frees him, Empire is tasked with defeating him. Empire version is cool because one of the boss fights is a certain droid that hates meatbags
wink.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I haven't played TOR but from what I've heard they made him some shitty mid level instance boss. Like, not a raid boss, not even a max level instance boss, but some mid level pud. I don't even care how good or bad his lore was in TOR, the fact that he's some piddly shit Mekgineer Thermaplugg wannabe rustles the fuck out of my jimmies.

Caliane

the mmo, says that what Revan saw beyond the Galatic rim was the Sith Emperor. he dueled him and lost. The Sith Emperor mind raped him, and sent him back to the Republic as a slave/general. This is when Kotor 1 then starts, and Revan again has his memories erased. and Kotor occurs. After Kotor, Revan goes back and loses AGAIN to the emporer. The EXILE from kotor2 gives up her body to become a super force ghost. this time Revan thrown into a cryo tube for 300 years. The MMO starts. Revan gets released in a 5man. the Force ghost exile is the "voice" that contacts all the Alliance players, and sends them on their destiny. (not sure on empire) Jedi Knight especially is Jedi Jesus in the game.
Then yes, Revan is also nuts, and trying to get both sides to war or something, to kill the emperor. Cause he trusts the leadership of neither side. So you kill him, but no body, just like the Emperor.

Its really dumb. And actively ruins Kotor itself becuase it goes out of its way to say, Revan goes Sith in the first place, because the Emperor made him his bitch, like he does you, the Jedi Knight as well for 3 weeks. Until, you being Jedi Jesus break out of the mind control in 3 weeks.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Tl;dr. Revan and KOTOR2 Protaganist fought the Emperor after learning he wants to siphon the life from the entire Galaxy. They lost. Kotor2 Protaganist is killed. Revan was imprisoned and tortured. He escaped and fled to a Star Forge where he left HK in charge and went into hibernation. He awoke. Was killed by PCs. The End.

Revans force ghost was split into two. The Sith side formed a new Alliance with Revanites to awaken and destroy the Emperor. You defeat him with the help of the other side (sith or pub) finally putting Revans soul to rest.

The end again. Until the next time they want to dust him off.

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
So did anyone else notice that when he says "my father has it", "I have it", "my sister has it", they all show scenes of the family in question without revealing exactly who it is. Vader mask, Luke's mechanical hand, and possibly Leia taking or giving the Lightsaber to someone. plus I find it strange that he would use the present phrase of my father has it When saying the lines. Plus Vader echoing in the background.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So if we go back and check the original "leaker' that started this whole thread, it seems to mostly all add up. So if that's the case looks like it could be a hell of a ride!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Revan was also in a couple of books. I seem to recall Revan became immortal in the books by learning whatever the emperor knew that made him immortal. But I don't remember how they left him.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
So did anyone else notice that when he says "my father has it", "I have it", "my sister has it", they all show scenes of the family in question without revealing exactly who it is. Vader mask, Luke's mechanical hand, and possibly Leia taking or giving the Lightsaber to someone. plus I find it strange that he would use the present phrase of my father has it When saying the lines. Plus Vader echoing in the background.
Would the use of past vs present be applied here since we know the father is a blue glowie like his mentor/friend and also his master. If you're able to still communicate with those no longer living, is that only in his mind or something really in existence others can see? Is which case, he is either going mad/insane like Yoda talked about in EP3 or there is something to the afterlife.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Revan was also in a couple of books. I seem to recall Revan became immortal in the books by learning whatever the emperor knew that made him immortal. But I don't remember how they left him.
I'm unsure on this.

The Emperor definitely kept Revan alive for over 300 years(?) while torturing him. So it's likely the Emperor gave him the long life, or he had it previously like you said. The MMO is 1000 years after Kotor, and iirc Revan was alive the first 300 and in hibernation the past 600+

Column_sl

shitlord
So Joss just commented he would like to do a Star Wars film, so that has to be a lock for sure.

I imagine they will give him one of the anthology movies.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Not *quite* on topic, but still. I seem to remember there being a fan-made re-edit of the original films where the sound effects, music, special effects and stuff were spliced together from the best sources while cutting out much of the crap that was put into the re-release from the late 90's. From what I remember it was supposed to be put up on a torrent somewhere when done. Does anyone know if they have finished it and where it can be found?

Column_sl

shitlord
It's on most torrent sites , it's called Star Wars DeSpecialized Edition. He's been done for awhile now. He did such a good job he was hired by one of the big movie studios to do film restoration.