Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe he had some of batman's super preparedness and had his armor coated in something that would give the sarlacc indigestion.

or he was coated in a laxative and popped out on the other side of tattooine.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If the sarlaac digests things over 1000 years, its pretty safe to assume its stomach acids are about as volatile as a kiddie pool. Fett got out unscathed.

Xevy

Log Wizard
His backpack still worked. No reason to assume it didn't.

Kind of hilarious that this is the most idolized character in SW fandom after watching that. Screaming like a nancy as his jet pack blasts him into the side of the barge. That's the Mandalore we all know and love in the books!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can you even really call him a Mandalorian at that point though? I mean I know far in the future of the EU he became Mandalore, but Jango was an adopted Mandalorian and died when Boba was 8. Based on what you saw of him in the Clone Wars, and the plot lines involving Mandalore, I think the only thing about him that was Mandalorian was the suit of armor.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Mandalorian is more than bloodlines or where you're raised. In the books they took in all races from anywhere as long as they wanted to live the badass lifestyle.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's like how a bunch of white people now represent the Cherokee nation. My great great grandmother was a 6'4 African woman. I'm white as fuck, but will I pull the old 1/32nd black card sometimes? HELL YEAH!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Right, and the only person who could have raised him Mandalorian got his head lopped off when Boba was 8. None of the group of bounty hunters he was running with in Clone Wars looked Mandalorian, so when exactly did he get exposed/inducted into the culture?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
He hero worshipped his father and sought out mandalorian ways after his death. He even found his own mandalorian armor. Oh and I think his dad left him something like a holocron to learn from. (but probably not a holocron because those are supposed to require much force mastery to create)

I know, I know, those books may or may not be canon anymore.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nah as long as they explained it I'm fine with it, even if that explanation isn't canon anymore.

Xeldar

Silver Squire

There needs to be some Marvel Star Wars Mashup movie where Magneto is hunting space nazis on Tatooine with Boba Fett.

Krozman

N00b
I thought there was supposed to be a star wars trailer before the age of ultron movie, but I didn't see it. Did I get gypped, or did I mis-remember the trailer news?
I watched Ultron in the IMAX 3D, and that opening scene with the crashed star destroyer was huge and imposing compared to the standard youtube way of watching it. Really set that mood.

Arakkis

N00b
Right, and the only person who could have raised him Mandalorian got his head lopped off when Boba was 8. None of the group of bounty hunters he was running with in Clone Wars looked Mandalorian, so when exactly did he get exposed/inducted into the culture?
Perhaps we have the plot of the movie right here?

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Mandalorian is more than bloodlines or where you're raised. In the books they took in all races from anywhere as long as they wanted to live the badass lifestyle.
Reminder: The Mandarorian books have been even more shitcanned than the rest of the EU. The Clone Wars episodes about the pacifist vs aggressive Mandalorians were donespecificallyand by the order of George Lucas to make whatsherface's books non-canon even within the EU, let alone now.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
If they do a Fett movie, I don't want to know shit about his backstory. Just let him be a badass, and hunt motherfuckers across the Galaxy.
I wholeheartedly agree. Who cares why he became a bounty hunter, just have him flesh out who he isnow. Trying to give characters histories isn't always needed. Take Han Solo from the original films. All we really know about his history is that he did the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs, owes Jabba some money and won the Falcon of Lando via gambling. You didn't need to know more to make him one of the best damn characters in cinema history.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
All we really know about his history is that he did the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs
Falcon made the Kessel run in 15 persecs, Han never said he was piloting the thing. In fact the way he says it suggests that he wasn't.

f u extended universe nerds

Fadaar

That guy
You know what's pretty fucked up? The term parsec shouldn't even exist in the Star Wars universe, unless Earth does. My old Air Force supervisor was a little angry Vietnamese man and someone made a Star Wars joke one day and he went off on this massive tangent about how a parsec was a unit of distance and not time like everyone thinks.