Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
whats a a_skeleton_03 alt??
13.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
allison appears to be posting from a real ISP account, on the opposite side of the country than a_skeleton_03. They also do not share an IP with any other user.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
allison appears to be posting from a real ISP account, on the opposite side of the country than a_skeleton_03. They also do not share an IP with any other user.
Since when does rerolled let little things like facts get in the way of feels data? Maybe we should ask Hodj?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The early reviews seem overwhelmingly positive with one recurring criticism (details free):

"Star Wars: The Force Awakens is actually probably objectively the best Star Wars yet, and would be held up as untouchable had it come first." -Christopher Hooton, The Independent

"Despite the pre-release hype, it won't save the world, not even Hollywood, but it seamlessly balances cosy favourites - Harrison Ford, ladies and gentlemen - and new kinetic wows along with some of the niceties that went missing as the series grew into a phenomenon, most crucially a scale and a sensibility that is rooted in the human," -Manohla Dargis, The New York Times

"If Episode VII is almost too slavishly reverential, its every sub-plot mirroring or reversing those that have gone before, and its nods and winks so plentiful as to border on the distracting, it is better this than to repeat Lucas's prequel mistakes. This, undoubtedly, is the movie that fans wanted, the movie that fans deserve. And it's only fitting that it is, beneath the scintillating action and striking world-building, a film about parents and children, about the effects of one generation on the next, about legacy. Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be viewed and passed down for many years to come." -Jamie Graham, Total Film

"The Force is back. Big time. As the best Star Wars anything ? film, TV show, video game, spinoff, what-have-you ? in at least 32 years, Star Wars: The Force Awakens pumps new energy and life into a hallowed franchise in a way that both resurrects old pleasures and points in promising new directions. But whereas the fundamental touchstones of George Lucas' original creation remain, in director J.J. Abrams' hands there is a shift in tone that brings the material closer to the feel of a Steven Spielberg film. Specifically, into an Indiana Jones realm, which is mostly, but not entirely, to the good." -Todd McCarthy, The Hollywood Reporter

faille

Molten Core Raider
Have to say I was pretty disappointed.
It's certainly not prequels bad, but completely underwhelming. Probably the biggest issue is they've tried to cram too much in, leaving each part a little bit too thin. This is particularly true of the characters.
There were some good parts to it, but I'm struggle to think of many that I can't wait to see again.
Sits between a 6 and 7 for me.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Did you see it in Paris or just more aussie timezone sploits?
comes out today over here, so caught the midnight screening. Was a decent atmosphere. packed theatre, and even got darth duelling a 8 year old girl as a warm up!

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Just got to my seat to the midnight showing. Lights just gone down and trailers are rolling..

Here we goooooooo!

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Seems like everything I've looked over is positive, except Forbes, whom went as far as labeling it "Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Out"

Either way I think there will a lot of negative regardless, that's just how society works these days. Negativity is more entertaining and fund making than positivity.

Cybsled

Honestly with films like this, I could give a flying fuck what critics think, especially when you have people wanting to be the "special snowflake" that stand out from the rest.