Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Oh shut up.
Thank you.

For the 7475656557575848th time, i was 14 when i saw that horrible fuckin crap back in 1999. Jar jar was annoying but what i wanted to see was that dude with the twin lightsaber from the trailer. Politics and shit.... lame but still eager for that bad guy with horns on his head! BUT when the word midichlorians was tied with the Force, i was like "WTF?! This makes no goddman sense with what yoda told in ESB."
And for the rest of the movie i truly didn't care anymore, not even darth maul and his twin lightsaber (who in the end....died lol).
Way to go Lucas....way to go.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I liked that they didn't use the "darth" title at all, but now I'm also wondering if Snopes and Kylo are actually sith master/apprentice or just dark side force users.
I think that is because they are going with the angle presented in the OT, in that the Sith had the rule of 2, and both the Master and Apprentice (even though Vader was also a Master) both died simultaneously, breaking the line forever. Obviously there will always be Dark Jedi, but I believe that the reign of the Sith ended in RotJ, and Snoke was just some other asshole who was smart enough to not get on Palpatine's radar. Hopefully all this shit is explored later, because they really opened up a huge amount of "So why did this happen" and "What is this person's backstory?" with this movie.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It seems like there's probably tons of different force-user organizations out there. Jedi Knights and Sith were one, but there seem to be random people that just have some force ability and then also more orders out there (suggested by this movie). Maybe they'll fall back to just Sith-Jedi dynamic but that seems like a narrow view to take.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
While you can find plenty of thing to nitpick, it feels like a Star Wars movie, unlike the prequels.

I'd rank this equal to, or slightly better than RotJ, behind ANH and ESB.

spronk

FPS noob
another leak from the novelization, interesting - "Itisyou"

Jjc7EDV.jpg

OneofOne

Went and saw this with the gf last night. At the end we both just kinda looked at each other and were like, "Well, that was... interesting". I was severely disappointed in the movie in a dozen different ways. Expected to find a pretty similar attitude here, but I see some people actually liked it. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. Episode 1 was better than this shit - at least it had some life to it, jesus. The story was weak as fuck. What story? All we really did was go from action scene to action scene. I didn't realize Michael Bay was spelled "JJ Abrams", but there it is.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Give it a month or two or possibly a year for the omg it didnt suck factor and release hype to die down for the majority of people to be objective with this movie.

For me its a 6.5/10. Okay movie but it copied ANH way too much and looks like its setting up ep8 to be a copy of ESB.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll go on the record saying it was good, not great. There were some great things, and some bad things, and a lot of inbetween. It averages out to good, which is fine and all I really was hoping for. I am worried about the next installment continuing to have too much call back and fan service though. Just make a movie, it doesn't have to mimic ESB or have a million nudge-nudge wink-winks.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kinda cool, when you hear Alec Guiness/Obi Wan say "Rey" when she touches Luke's lightsaber, they took it out of the word "afraid" that he used in the original movies just so they could use his actual voice.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Solid 8/10 for me. Just behind ANH on the scale.

Did what it needed to do. Reset the experience and doing it with the knowledge that this is just a part of the overall tale. Filming for 8 starts next month. 2017 is too far away.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I think it was excellent as a soft reboot. Actually, I forgot one part that I am just confused about because almost all the media was playing up Captain Chromsma like she was going to do... anything at all. What a shitty character, lol. The SJWs should love that the 'strong female villain' gets MANHANDLED and dominated in the movie. You could say she gets shield-control-raped.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'll go on the record saying it was good, not great. There were some great things, and some bad things, and a lot of inbetween. It averages out to good, which is fine and all I really was hoping for. I am worried about the next installment continuing to have too much call back and fan service though. Just make a movie, it doesn't have to mimic ESB or have a million nudge-nudge wink-winks.
Yeah, I mean, I wish they hadn't mimicked ANH, I understand why they did but I wish they hadn't. I wanted a new story. We at least got the new characters (who I really liked almost entirely), Episode VIII really needs to diverge.I'm ok with this as an opening act if Act 2 delivers. But yeah, if I didn't know there was more to come and this was a standalone thing, I would be severely disappointed.

It's hard to even get too upset about the mimicry, because they carried the story forward dramatically. They dropped us in a familiar, but very much changed world. Then they didn't fuck around and pushed the story.

Fadaar

That guy
I just want them to say that Rey's mother was Mara Jade so all the EU Star Wars fans flip the fuck out, while everyone else is baffled what that is supposed to mean ;p
I'm hoping for that myself. At least throw us one EU reference ya bastards.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Better than prequels, check. Better than anything Lucas could put out these days, check. Better than the bad sci-fi flicks from the last couple years, check.

Terminator Genisys
Tomorrowland
Pixels
Jupiter Ascending
Jurassic World
Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials
Chappie
The Hunger Games
Transformers: Age of Extinction
Transcendence
RoboCop (remake)
The Maze Runner

Deserves to be mentioned with the good sci-fi films from last couple years, check.

Mad Max: Fury Road
The Martian
Edge of Tomorrow
Ex Machina

Episode 1 was better than this shit - at least it had some life to it, jesus.
OK, it wasn't better than ANH or ESB, but let's not get carried away here. Episode 1 had:

- Jar Jar
- toddler Anakin
- everything else that made the prequels suck ...

I don't see any possible way this movie was worse than Episode 1-3 ...

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Better than prequels, check. Better than anything Lucas could put out these days, check. Better than the bad sci-fi flicks from the last couple years, check.

Terminator Genisys
Tomorrowland
Pixels
Jupiter Ascending
Jurassic World
Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials
Chappie
The Hunger Games
Transformers: Age of Extinction
Transcendence
RoboCop (remake)
The Maze Runner

Deserves to be mentioned with the good sci-fi films from last couple years, check.

Mad Max: Fury Road
The Martian
Edge of Tomorrow
Ex Machina
Fury Road is simply on a different level, its basically a miracle that it even exists in this day and age. Really shouldn't be a comparison. Honestly neither should any of the other three. SW has always been a big marketed tentpole popcorn blockbuster when you really boil it down. In that regard its actually more fair to compare it to the first list of yours. And its definitely better than those piles of shit, so we win.

OneofOne

Well, I've only seen the first 3 Hunger Games, but they got this shit movie beat by a country mile.