Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Someone already answered the Rotten Tomato score question. IIRC it just means that 92% of people think the movie is a 6/10 or better. Doesn't mean that the average score is a 92/100.
I don't believe that 92% of critics honestly thought this pile of shit was a 6/10 or better. I think many are just afraid to go against the Disney machine.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
How the fuck is 6/10 a positive? 60% if failure for every test in the western world. Now movies are getting Participation Awards for scores?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I'd be happy if they just went back to stealing from Kurosawa and left it as space samurai.

The whole Luke / Ben thing felt sorta Rashomon, but it was written in a way that completely destroys Luke's character.

I would have been totally fine with "Luke had a moment of doubt" if we'd gotten some background Snoke and had him be the Iago that caused it all. Make the villain the mastermind. Then it'll actually matter when you kill him.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I don't believe that 92% of critics honestly thought this pile of shit was a 6/10 or better. I think many are just afraid to go against the Disney machine.

BTW merry Xmas Keg where the fuck you been?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
The problem with Luke having a moment of doubt is they're catching you up on this story after 35 fucking years. The context is bullshit. The entire idea of skipping this story ahead this far and then finishing this way is fucking beyond retarded. They're still coming up with more bullshit to sell us for episode 9 and it's in the hands of the ultimate bullshit artist. JJ Abrams.

I can't wait for someone to teleport themselves across the entire universe after 40 years of established lore not setting any sort of preceden....wait a second!!!!

• 4Solidarity

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
AFAIK I know to you are the epitome of Star Wars = Pizza. i.e. even bad pizza is still good. Which is great for you, but sucks for us.
I am probably much more forgiving than most that is very true. Good way of putting Zapatta Zapatta . But even I don't think ep 1 and 2 are that good, you've gotta have limits.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
It did. The movies are toast. They should just reboot episode 7 and start from scratch.
You'd get the same result. Better off just accepting that Star Wars is dead. It died of sadness just like Padme.

the-top-5-best-moments-from-attack-of-the-clones-750188.jpg

• 11Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
PF Chang forcing a kiss on Finn was sexual assault. I expect Episode 9 to open with the rebellion ethics council terminating the dumpling so the young girls watching this know not to rape.

Now that's classic Keg right there. ROLF at PF Chang

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I am probably much more forgiving than most that is very true. Good way of putting Zapatta Zapatta . But even I don't think ep 1 and 2 are that good, you've gotta have limits.
Da fuq? Tlj is so bad, they make the prequels look like a cohesive story. Unless you want more poe dameron as prank yankers?

Luke casually throws his father's laser sword away, that was his first laser sword, that his great mentor obi wan gave him, cuz he stole it from his bff while he was cut in half burning in actual living hell.

You want more of dis?

• 3Worf
  • 1Barf

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Which is worse, modern day Mass Effect or modern day Star Wars? I'm only tempted to say Star Wars because I actually, selfishly, had some kind of expectations for it.

• 6Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Which is worse, modern day Mass Effect or modern day Star Wars? I'm only tempted to say Star Wars because I actually, selfishly, had some kind of expectations for it.
Modern day SW and for the same reason.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Mark signed on for the sequels before Lucasfilm was sold to Disney. He was a big fan of the story for Episodes 789 that Lucas had put together. I don't think either of them were expecting Disney to throw Lucas's story out the window and create a Lifetime original movie in space. They should known better though. Or maybe Lucas knew all along and this is his revenge for all the fanboy blubbering over his prequels. Jar Jar Binks sure doesn't seem so bad now that we've had to endure the adventures of Finn and fat space chink.

Has any info on what Lucas had in mind ever been released or hinted at?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Someone already answered the Rotten Tomato score question. IIRC it just means that 92% of people think the movie is a 6/10 or better. Doesn't mean that the average score is a 92/100.
I get that, I just walked out thinking the movie was 3/10.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf