Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
A lot of the explanation of the First Order, what we have of it so far, is covered in the novels that have come out since TFA. I know that doesn't make it work nearly as well for the more casual moviegoer but I think they feel like they give them enough to get from point A to B to C as much as is necessary in the movies and let the more interested fans find that stuff out in the books if it interests them.
If a New Yorker, from the early 90s went into a coma, now again i said New Yorker, b/c he would be reading these headlines
trump-ivana-plaza-post-1990-swscan06128.jpg

marlamaplespeople.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg

trump-post-headline-best-sex-1990-aswscan06125.jpg

and reading these headlines (these are the actual shitty NY Post front page, the NY Post and Daily News were shit rags back then and now)

and woke up to this

and even if you showed him this

It would not make sense... HOW??? HOW???

well... you'd have to explain that there was this dickhead called Barack Obama, and that Trump ran against the former first lady cunt Hilary Clinton, and till he'd think he was in the 1990s matrix

• 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I've been attempting to watch Clone Wars on Netflix because many in here said it was fairly solid (and supposedly "more" adult than Rebels), and usually the general temperature on something reflected on FoH mirrors what I'll end up feeling about the movie/show.

What the fuck, seriously? I'm 8 episodes in, and all I've gotten is shit-tier prequels-worthy dialogue, fucking idiot droids from the prequels dialed up to ELEVEN, and now in episode 8 I just got bludgeoned over the head with Jar-Jar. That's not even mentioning all the subtle shit like terribly inconsistent force power usage that just makes you facepalm and shake your head and shit. And I swear to god, if I have to keep listening to Anakin and Obi-Wan bicker like a married couple I'm going to fly out and murder Lucas myself.

Someone tell me it gets better. Save a human life. Because my will to live is fading fast. Alternately, if I misunderstood and only the retards on here thought it was any good, tell me to end it all. Either is fine at this point.

it gets much better. the first season and i think most of the second season were branded for kids. the clone wars movie (that started the show) is mostly unwatchable. it's terrible. but at some point fairly early on they started developing the show for an older audience.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
If a New Yorker, from the early 90s went into a coma, now again i said New Yorker, b/c he would be reading these headlines
trump-ivana-plaza-post-1990-swscan06128.jpg

marlamaplespeople.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg

trump-post-headline-best-sex-1990-aswscan06125.jpg

and reading these headlines (these are the actual shitty NY Post front page, the NY Post and Daily News were shit rags back then and now)

and woke up to this

and even if you showed him this

It would not make sense... HOW??? HOW???

well... you'd have to explain that there was this dickhead called Barack Obama, and that Trump ran against the former first lady cunt Hilary Clinton, and till he'd think he was in the 1990s matrix
oh-no-im-not-brave-enough-for-politics.jpg

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Saw this yesterday finally. Best way I could describe this movie is it did a big circle and put us right back where we started, except Rian Johnson made sure to stomp on and break all the toys we loved.

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah saw this yesterday with my kid. I felt that it disappointing overall. Nice effects but story still shit. Plus I hated all the cheesy shit they added for the 5 yr olds too. Jar jar revisited it seems. Why cant they just make a solid darker movie that isnt a cheese fest? Star wars could be so much more, but it never will be. Rogue one was better IMO, also the last episode was better than this too.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
So I've been attempting to watch Clone Wars on Netflix because many in here said it was fairly solid (and supposedly "more" adult than Rebels), and usually the general temperature on something reflected on FoH mirrors what I'll end up feeling about the movie/show.

What the fuck, seriously? I'm 8 episodes in, and all I've gotten is shit-tier prequels-worthy dialogue, fucking idiot droids from the prequels dialed up to ELEVEN, and now in episode 8 I just got bludgeoned over the head with Jar-Jar. That's not even mentioning all the subtle shit like terribly inconsistent force power usage that just makes you facepalm and shake your head and shit. And I swear to god, if I have to keep listening to Anakin and Obi-Wan bicker like a married couple I'm going to fly out and murder Lucas myself.

Someone tell me it gets better. Save a human life. Because my will to live is fading fast. Alternately, if I misunderstood and only the retards on here thought it was any good, tell me to end it all. Either is fine at this point.

It gets WAY better. The Umbara arc and the Mandalore episodes are awesome stuff. You just gotta get past the admittedly crap beginning.

• 1Solidarity

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Disney is really aggressive right now. I'm not sure what's going on financially with their company in terms of outlook and projections but the money they are pouring into their parks/resorts, movies produced, and their soon to be Netflix rival service makes me wonder if they have concerns so they're shaking things up or if they're rolling in so much money it's time to play a little catch up and take some risks.

They see the future of netflix and maybe two others surviving in the film production. With rest being small production houses. So they can grow and survive are shrink and survive they have chosen to grow. Really it was their only real choice.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What's funny is that if you did a deconstruction of their deconstructed SJW Star Wars bullshit it would probably be a pretty entertaining movie.

View attachment 158827

They failed at the deconstruction as well. Star Wars is at heart about war. If you deconstruct war you end up with something like mash. That was no where to be seen in The Last Jedi. Just confused incoherent failing of mixed messages. With sacrifice of mostly women by noble selfless action being celebrated. But self sacrifice by male characters being wrong. Luke was the one self sacrificing male allowed in the movie. You know the guy who had plot armor seemingly miles thick by the point.

I tend to see the movie as being plot twist centered not a deconstructionist centered. So much crap to stop Rey from losing a hand.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Saw this yesterday finally. Best way I could describe this movie is it did a big circle and put us right back where we started, except Rian Johnson made sure to stomp on and break all the toys we loved.

Disney hired Sid to take care of the Star War franchise and we couldn't foresee it....

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Star Wars is at heart about war.
No, Star Wars is a soap opera set in space with the backdrop of an intergalactic space war. The relationships between the characters are the heart of the story, not the war. ISo many people misunderstand this critical point.

To quote the great one:
"The issue was ultimately that they looked at the stories and they said, ‘We want to make something for the fans,’" Lucas said. "People don’t actually realize it’s actually a soap opera and it’s all about family problems – it’s not about spaceships. So they decided they didn’t want to use those stories, they decided they were going to do their own thing so I decided, ‘fine…. I’ll go my way and I let them go their way.’"

Try rewatching the prequels keeping this in mind. When you look at them through the lens of a space opera rather than some sort of sci-fi documentary, all the overdramatic "cheesy" dialogue makes a lot more sense. This is the first step in reaching enlightenment and learning to appreciate them for the masterpieces they are.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>

This.

I looked up a youtube vid about the 10 best eps of Clone Wars, and they had: Darth Maul still alive with robotic spider legs. Darth Maul with robot legs featuring can openers for feet. Darth Maul's brother does some stuff (but trust us it's awesome!). Anakin's apprentice, who's never mentioned in the movies, and appears to be some emo alien chick, is basically the main character.

What.
The.
Fuck.

Not only is all of that terrible, but it also serves to remind me of the prequels, which were and still are terrible.

Here's an idea: Get the fuck away from the 50years or so that the Original and Prequel trilogies deal with. Those stories are told. Go back in time like KOTOR did (still the best Star Wars property outside of the OT). Or hell, go forward in time from the OT-TFA-TLJ era. Like 100 years, or hell even 500. The characters we know have passed on into myth and legend, and you can tell something new while using the same backdrop.

Will it happen? NOPE. Disney and hollywood's business model is antithetical to original and quality moviemaking. That much has become clear at this point.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

Emo alien chick seriously ends up the best character in starwars in 30 years.

but yes, some people might be overstating the Clone wars series a bit. if you didn't like it at all, at the start, you probably wont like it as it goes on. There is definately some... shit in there. Sith witches, Darth maul is back, with robot legs, Light/dark god/goddesses...

• 1Solidarity

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

but yes, some people might be overstating the Clone wars series a bit. if you didn't like it at all, at the start, you probably wont like it as it goes on. There is definately some... shit in there. Sith witches, Darth maul is back, with robot legs, Light/dark god/goddesses...

I mean if it's not fucking robots and Jar-Jar doing slapstick stupid shit, it's seven steps above this nonsense thus far. Maybe I'll just skip to S3 and see if any of that is remotely entertaining.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Will it happen? NOPE. Disney and hollywood's business model is antithetical to original and quality moviemaking. That much has become clear at this point.

Not to mention they have no incentive to change it up. This is still the biggest grossing franchise in like forever, even with fail movies it still makes bank, why should they change?

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This.

I looked up a youtube vid about the 10 best eps of Clone Wars, and they had: Darth Maul still alive with robotic spider legs. Darth Maul with robot legs featuring can openers for feet. Darth Maul's brother does some stuff (but trust us it's awesome!). Anakin's apprentice, who's never mentioned in the movies, and appears to be some emo alien chick, is basically the main character.

What.
The.
Fuck.

Not only is all of that terrible, but it also serves to remind me of the prequels, which were and still are terrible.

Here's an idea: Get the fuck away from the 50years or so that the Original and Prequel trilogies deal with. Those stories are told. Go back in time like KOTOR did (still the best Star Wars property outside of the OT). Or hell, go forward in time from the OT-TFA-TLJ era. Like 100 years, or hell even 500. The characters we know have passed on into myth and legend, and you can tell something new while using the same backdrop.

The Witches of Dathomir are not Sith and were not created for the Clone Wars cartoon. Ahsoka is a much more interesting character than Anakin, partially because you don't know what happens to her so there's actually suspense when she's in danger. The culmination of her story in Clone Wars (and the whole series in general) also helps Anakin's betrayal of the council make a bit more sense, rather than being a nothing but a sudden 'LOL IM A BAD GUY NOW TIME TO RUTHLESSLY BUTCHER FIVE YEAR OLDS'. Maul having instinctively assembled functional robot legs from the junk planet he landed on was a bit retarded, but his story gets better quickly.

There is no excuse for how fucking awful the Mortis episodes are, I'd rather be strapped to a chair and forced to watch an endless loop of all the Jar Jar episodes than rewatch the Mortis episodes even once.

I almost cried when i found out they advanced KOTORs Reven storyline in the MMO, i jumped in that thread and ppl said, don't try to find out, you'll be sad

=(

What happened to the exile made me even sadder.

Caliane

I almost cried when i found out they advanced KOTORs Reven storyline in the MMO, i jumped in that thread and ppl said, don't try to find out, you'll be sad

=(
haha. yeah. don't do it. its infuriating. Revan and Exiles endings are worse then TLJ Luke bullshit.

Fadaar

That guy
The Sidious vs Maul/Savage fight is worth suffering through the rest of the series

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users