Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I love watching Hamill take a shit on Disney but I wouldnt trust him to write that shit, he seems borderline unstable and too obsessed with his own character. Lucas should have wrote these and someone who is not riddled with white guilt directed. Lucas would have wrote it with the intention of giving a proper close to the Star Wars saga. The Disney shit is clearly intended to leverage the old material into as many new revenue streams as possible.

216mqw.jpg

I have no desire to see George "come back" (I think they do still run the occasional idea by him, they being some of the creatives in Lucasfilm that worked with him for many years. And Gareth Edwards has talking about George's visit to the set when he was shooting R1 and bouncing ideas off the old guy). And frankly I don't think he even wants to. He sold Lucasfilm because he recognized that they needed to have some movies in active production for him to keep the number of people he had employed but he couldn't get any of the studios interested in anything that wasn't Star Wars and I think he just didn't want to make any more of those movies. I'm sure he's looking at the storm of hate howling against Rian Johnson right now, thinking back to the aftermath of the prequels, and saying to himself "Yeah, I don't miss that shit".

But I wouldn't be surprised to see Lucasfilm eventually offer him a production gig on a standalone movie. Perhaps the next wave of standalones that will drop in the intervening years of Rian Johnson's next trilogy (provided he ends up doing it).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
but Grievous was a fun bad guy and Lucas gave us spine-tingling bad guys who could crack jokes inadvertently. Also the Trade Federation guys were bumbling idiot cucks just like Hux, yet they were interesting. You felt they weren't caricatures, rather they were characters.

Grievous was awesome character design utterly wasted in the writing department. How are we supposed to fear a robot with asthma that runs away from every battle he finds himself in? He should've been imposing, but he was a massive pussy.
And the Trade Federation guys were lame as shit. Whoever said Rose was the first asian in Star Wars a few pages back forgot about the Trade Federation and Nien Nunb

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Grievous was awesome character design utterly wasted in the writing department. How are we supposed to fear a robot with asthma that runs away from every battle he finds himself in? He should've been imposing, but he was a massive pussy.
And the Trade Federation guys were lame as shit. Whoever said Rose was the first asian in Star Wars a few pages back forgot about the Trade Federation and Nien Nunb
What? Grievous chose to duel Obi Wan 1v1 when he showed up at his hide out instead of letting the Droids take him out. Dude is a certified G. He ran when it was a 2v1 against Obi Wan and Anakin on the ship because he's not a fucking retard and crashing the ship was a brilliant move.

The only unfortunate think about Grievous is he only gets a few minutes of screen time. He has more charisma than the entire TLJ cast combined. Wish there could have been a scene with him slaughtering some Jedi yard trash in RotS.

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Whoever said Rose was the first asian in Star Wars a few pages back forgot about the Trade Federation and Nien Nunb

If you're not going to limit it to named characters then it would be some of Lando's Bespin security guards.

Jive Turkey

Karen
And didn't Grievous try to run from Kenobi at first on that sinkhole planet? Didn't he transform into Mr Garrison's gyro wheel and try to get the fuck out of there? (I haven't watched it in a while and don't remember the specifics)

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
And didn't Grievous try to run from Kenobi at first on that sinkhole planet? Didn't he transform into Mr Garrison's gyro wheel and try to get the fuck out of there? (I haven't watched it in a while and don't remember the specifics)
Grievous and Obi Wan were engaged in a gentleman's duel which of course comes with the pretense no using supernatural Jedi magic. During their duel, Obi Wan's artificially created slave army storms Grievous's hideout. Grievous tells Obi Wan that slave army or not, he's still gonna whoop that ass. Obi Wan, like the coward he is, breaks the covenant of the gentleman's duel and force throws Grievous across the room, disarming him. Suddenly Grievous remembers he has a lightsaber collector's club meeting he needs to get to and hops in his hamster wheel to get going. Obi Wan, like the bloodthirsty maniac he is, jumps on his lizard thing and runs Grievous off the road. They fight again hand to hand and Obi Wan gets beat down like a chump. Finally, Obi Wan, unable to take his beating like a man, pulls out a blaster and murders Grievous in cold blood.

• 10Worf
  • 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 11 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Grievous and Obi Wan were engaged in a gentleman's duel which of course comes with the pretense no using supernatural Jedi magic. During their duel, Obi Wan's artificially created slave army storms Grievous's hideout. Grievous tells Obi Wan that slave army or not, he's still gonna whoop that ass. Obi Wan, like the coward he is, breaks the covenant of the gentleman's duel and force throws Grievous across the room, disarming him. Suddenly Grievous remembers he has a lightsaber collector's club meeting he needs to get to and hops in his hamster wheel to get going. Obi Wan, like the bloodthirsty maniac he is, jumps on his lizard thing and runs Grievous off the road. They fight again hand to hand and Obi Wan gets beat down like a chump. Finally, Obi Wan, unable to take his beating like a man, pulls out a blaster and murders Grievous in cold blood.
It was only then Obi-Wan realized that striking him down made him more powerful (in kegs head) than he could possibly imagine. This valuable lesson served him well later in life.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Two years ago when I pointed out how completely nonsensical the entire ending sequence in VII was I distinctly remember having gaggles of retards calling me an idiot for not picking up on the "secret training" Rey had received at some point in her life and how Finn had received lightsaber weapons training despite being a guy who mops the floors. I should really go dig up the quotes and put these people to shame.
Watching people back pedal in this thread on this subject has brought me much delight. My biggest issue with TFA was Rey using mind control with no training and Finn not just getting instantly sliced in two vs Kylo Ren. I said something about Kylo Ren would have seen Finn's first move before it even happened and I had a bunch of goombas defending it saying it was ok because Kylo was angry so he wasn't thinking clearly. Then the way they talk Kylo Ren up in this movie about how he's the most powerful force just makes all that shit in TFA seem even dumber if that's even possible.

• 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Watching people back pedal in this thread on this subject has brought me much delight. My biggest issue with TFA was Rey using mind control with no training and Finn not just getting instantly sliced in two vs Kylo Ren. I said something about Kylo Ren would have seen Finn's first move before it even happened and I had a bunch of goombas defending it saying it was ok because Kylo was angry so he wasn't thinking clearly. Then the way they talk Kylo Ren up in this movie about how he's the most powerful force just makes all that shit in TFA seem even dumber if that's even possible.
i was ok w/ Finn holding out on Ren for a bit, and then Rey beats Ren cuz he was gut shot and bleeding and after spine slicing Finn, he lost to Rey cuz he was out of stamina and she at least showed some kind of aptitude for weapons or at least her special skill is to pick things up really quickly.

if you really wanted to hugg TFA's nuts, you can reason that at least.

• 1Barf

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
yeah it's a joke. it's like those tards missed the PSA that dark side users harvest their emotions for power, so if anything he should be even more powerful. that was the exact logic behind Sidious sending Anakin to kill the younglings.
i was ok w/ Finn holding out on Ren for a bit, and then Rey beats Ren cuz he was gut shot and bleeding and after spine slicing Finn, he lost to Rey cuz he was out of stamina and she at least showed some kind of aptitude for weapons or at least her special skill is to pick things up really quickly.

if you really wanted to hugg TFA's nuts, you can reason that at least.
Not really. If Ren is able to walk around on two legs, then he should be able to slice through Finn like it's nothing. at the very least, Kylo should be able to force choke him to death no problem.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Not really. If Ren is able to walk around on two legs, then he should be able to slice through Finn like it's nothing. at the very least, Kylo should be able to force choke him to death no problem.
oh come on, Dindu Jar Jar thinks he's a Samurai now, youre not gonna go and force choke his ass, heh.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
His power levels were so stupid because they started off showing him suspending a blaster bolt while doing other shit, which seems like pretty high level badassery. And then... he gets nearly stalemated with Finn and beat by Rey. Stupid.

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
he got beat by rey because he kept wondering "... is this a chick? where are her tits? is she a dude? why do i feel my dick get a bit erect? is she a trap? is it gay if I like traps? oh fuck she just cut me! focus kylo, stop thinking with your little ben"

• 7Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
His power levels were so stupid because they started off showing him suspending a blaster bolt while doing other shit, which seems like pretty high level badassery. And then... he gets nearly stalemated with Finn and beat by Rey. Stupid.

Everyone seems to forget that before he fought Rey, Kylo took a crossbow blaster bolt to the gut, the impact of which was throwing stormtroopers across the battlefield, and leveling buildings. Finn's lucky he survived the encounter against him, and Rey is obviously strong as balls with the force, and he wasn't trying to kill her - he wants her to join him. The plastic baggy shit was dumb, but it was a variant of the Bacta tank that we see Luke floating in in ESB.

IP3jg.jpg

Bacta_Tank.jpg

• 1Barf

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Everyone seems to forget that before he fought Rey, Kylo took a crossbow blaster bolt to the gut, the impact of which was throwing stormtroopers across the battlefield, and leveling buildings.
Literally no one is forgetting this.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users