Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Jive Turkey

Karen
edit: nevermind I figured out how to read them all. 25 posts about the worst and most unStarWars plot device in the movie

Last edited:

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider

It's fine for him to be cut off from the force. What's not fine is the execution, direction and story telling of the character. I don't buy that Rian was hemmed into this direction by Han Solos death. All those posts were the author filling in enormous gaping chasms of plot holes with his own imagination. Luke is somehow noble in cutting himself off from the force to stop the cycle of good/bad jedi/sith, yet comes into contact with a force user that brings him his light saber, and is looking to be trained as a Jedi. So naturally he just tells her to fuck off. Chewy too. Finds out Han dies, meh. No imparting of any wisdom or exposition of this complete 180 of his character. No explaining why he did what he did. And wants the Jedi to come to an end while still being concerned about the Jedi texts.

It's all such nonsense. And those posts sound like someone who wants to believe they are smart enough to get it, and the people that hate it are just fanboy simpletons. A good excuse to use the phrase "Rashomon tryptich" he learned in film studies class.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
A good excuse to use the phrase "Rashomon tryptich" he learned in film studies class.

It rustled my fucking jimmies that he used the term all nonchalantly at first without explanation knowing damn well that most people would have no idea what he was talking about

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
But that's what the internet is for, to show off to the common plebs showing just how much of an expert you are.

It's known as Kabalevsky's folly.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Mike Zeroh revealed the latest information on the 2019 release.

He said: "We have exciting news today. John Williams is now confirmed to be on board for Episode 9. We heard he will be part of Solo A Star Wars Story, doing the main theme. When it comes to Episode 9 he will be doing the entire score for the final film in the sequel trilogy.

"Whether or not this will be his final film in the Star Wars franchise is a big question."

>deaf guy scoring music.

"It is very early days and we don’t know when the trilogy will be released. It is most like to be the mid 2020’s if I had to make a hard guess."

Looming threat of Rian Johnson lifted off everyone's backs.

"We are getting an Anthology film in the Star Wars universe every single year after Episode 9."

I'll take it. One of these fuckers has to be really good fan fare-- broken clock 2x day and so forth.

Star Wars 9: Major Episode IX news CONFIRMED and will definitely please fans

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Had no idea Daisey Ridley pulled a Mark Hamill at the BAFTA Q+A.

Ridley said: “Well I, like Mark [Hamill], had some reservations about the script.

“I thought, ‘Is John [Boyega, who plays Finn]? He's away from me, and I don't want to be away from him.’

“Getting into something like this is pretty overwhelming, and John was my guy the whole way through filming and press stuff [on The Force Awakens], and it was scary.

“It was really scary thinking about the next chapter with us apart. And I expressed that to Rian.

“Luckily, we had a couple weeks to rehearse and we talked everything through. And, obviously, it's an ongoing conversation as we went. But I found it quite difficult, I remember saying to Rian I felt much more neurotic this time.”

Oh. Man.

The actress added: “There were times where I thought, I don't think I've done the right thing, but Rian, if you're happy, I'm happy.

“Because I think it's that thing of being pushed and going somewhere where you can't quite figure it out, and [Rey’s] figuring it out at the same time."

Getting her foot in the door in case she needs to throw this one under the bus. Smart!

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
How can you not? Especially Hamill.... I would think after reading through the script you had to scratch your head and thing, "So are we just doing this just because it's the opposite of what we were expected to do?" While that's fine to an extent, I think Johnson literally picked every aspect of the film and twisted it when he could have just taken a piece here or there. JJ really has his work cut out for him but he's in a similar position now just the other side of the coin. He can't go crazy with fan service to recover the franchise. He needs to just put a couple of pieces back together again and let the rest go. If i'm JJ, i'm bringing every major character back.... Qui Gon, Obi-wan, Emporer, Anakin, etc. If i'm him, i'm blowing the lid off. Now that they've stuck their foot in the more spiritual pool, I would almost take a Dr. Strange approach where battles can take part in and outside the body. I believe they've said that a Sith cannot become force ghosts but heck, who cares now? I would have Palgeius, Palp, Maul fight Jedi's of the past while Kylo and Rey fight or something epic to that extent. It just needs to make SW fans go "Wow" and lift them out of their chair, widen their eyes, and drop their jaws. I don't know how you do that but I think it's possible.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Why do people hate Rose so much? I thought it was nice to see a character who isn't a princess / jedi knight / senator / queen in the series. Hell even Lando was the de-facto ruler of Bespin.

• 7Picard
  • 3Barf
Reactions: 9 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Why do people hate Rose so much? I thought it was nice to see a character who isn't a princess / jedi knight / senator / queen in the series. Hell even Lando was the de-facto ruler of Bespin.
e9d.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I believe they've said that a Sith cannot become force ghosts but heck, who cares now?

This was half considered on a conceptual level back when TFA was in development. There is concept art of Anakin's force ghost that shows him in a transitional state between his light side self and his dark. I think it was supposed to be unique to Anakin though because of who he was. But they ended up scrapping it though I guess JJ could bring it back.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
How can you not? Especially Hamill.... I would think after reading through the script you had to scratch your head and thing, "So are we just doing this just because it's the opposite of what we were expected to do?" While that's fine to an extent, I think Johnson literally picked every aspect of the film and twisted it when he could have just taken a piece here or there. JJ really has his work cut out for him but he's in a similar position now just the other side of the coin. He can't go crazy with fan service to recover the franchise. He needs to just put a couple of pieces back together again and let the rest go. If i'm JJ, i'm bringing every major character back.... Qui Gon, Obi-wan, Emporer, Anakin, etc. If i'm him, i'm blowing the lid off. Now that they've stuck their foot in the more spiritual pool, I would almost take a Dr. Strange approach where battles can take part in and outside the body. I believe they've said that a Sith cannot become force ghosts but heck, who cares now? I would have Palgeius, Palp, Maul fight Jedi's of the past while Kylo and Rey fight or something epic to that extent. It just needs to make SW fans go "Wow" and lift them out of their chair, widen their eyes, and drop their jaws. I don't know how you do that but I think it's possible.
Their objective in the last two movies was to pass the torch from the heroes of the old trilogy to the millenial faggots of today. There's no way they're bringing back those characters except for perhaps a quick cameo as a force ghost. Having a bunch of cis white men save the day is not in the cards here, that I can promise you.

Last edited:
  • 6Worf
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Their objective in the last two movies was to pass the torch from the heroes of the old trilogy to the millenial faggots of today.

Of course they are. How well or poorly they've handled that transition is one discussion but they should be doing it. There's more than one reason not to have some force ghost battle royale but not fitting with that objective is the only one that's needed. Lucas had the ghosts of Ben and Yoda showing up at Luke's confrontation with the Emperor at one time but ended up changing it because it would have diminished Luke's role in that fight. They should avoid doing the same now. The only force ghosts we'll likely see are Luke's, because he promised Kylo as much, and a small chance of Anakin's because it's an idea they've toyed with before and Abrams has said the last movie would stitch all 3 trilogies together.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Their objective in the last two movies was to pass the torch from the heroes of the old trilogy to the millenial faggots of today. There's no way they're bringing back those characters except for perhaps a quick cameo as a force ghost. Having a bunch of cis white men save the day is not in the cards here, that I can promise you.

Very true but from a business standpoint it makes a lot of sense for them. They are trying to sell star wars world wide to a very diverse audience. They checked off all the boxes, female, black, asian, you name it. And truth be told they did a pretty good job of it, from a business stand point. They are making billions.

Just saw VIII over the holiday. I had fun, was a few hours of mindless entertainment (3d was very well done). Since then I've been reading all the negative feedback, and although I agree with most of it, don't really care that much. Always thought Star Wars was just a very clever way to sell toys.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like