Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Interesting video. There is only one potential shot of Kathleen Kennedy and the video ends with a Dave Filloni voice over and shots of him.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Someone posted this in the FSR. This image is incredible. Why the fuck can't we get new and interesting ships like this in Star Wars:

raphael-lacoste-assship-jpg.173836

Instead, we get boring retreads of old designs like this crap. Literally just ripping off everything from 35-40 years ago.

latest

The rules of military hardware development are probably the same as in this Universe, evolution not revolution. IIRC the OT X-Wing was an updated/improved version of an earlier model

Chris

Potato del Grande
Thought it was going to be a rehash of what's already been said but Plinkett has a new take on it which is really interesting.

It's actually comedy of errors? What was Rain Johnson thinking?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
It's happening!

I love how he constantly says "I didn't even notice this, I didn't have time to think about it when watching it". And he talks about how gorgeous the movie is and how the action is fast paced, and engaging so the movie is very distracting in that way. But once you think about it, it starts to get worse.

From my original review last year....

Star Wars: M Night Shyamalan

This is going to be a movie I think that gets worse with time as people digest it. Right now, I can see a lot of people loving it because the themes behind the story are "empowering" and it genuinely shakes up the lore of the universe in ways that feel very new and exciting. It's also beautiful, if you pulled out the story, the movie is just gorgeous visually--if you don't think about it, its one of those movies that's just enjoyable to watch. But much like the prequels, its going to be one of those movies where as you think about the twists, and the "why"--it will slowly start to turn sour, I think. I could be wrong and it could get better with time, but I for sure thing this is going to go the other way for most people.

This is one of those movies that will get worse with time. Because while everything was entertaining in the moment, as your left with time to think about it and ask "why did the character do that...How did this situation come about?"---you'll end up realizing all the characters were morons, and every situation was ridiculous, and none of them seem like real people...They are hollow props meant to push you to the next dilemma that isn't a natural obstacle by a calamity of their own making, and not due to sympathetic human frailties like greed, fear or anger, but simply because if idiocy and naivety.

It's like a bad meal, and it will get worse and worse as people genuinely break it down and try to figure out what the fuck the characters were thinking. (Especially compared to the original, which had such simple logic and easy to read motivations that it can literally be enjoyed and empathized with by children.)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lucas was bad at writing dialogue for a story that could possibly made sense.
Johnson/Kennedy wrote dialogue for a story that was badly written and could not possibly make sense.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
God Rose looks so fucking fat in that clip. Almost had to shut it off.

The revulsion does not age well with time.
i liked Plinkett's comentary. "what? i dont like you!" every time he played that clip of Admiral Gender Studies telling Poe to shut up, pisses me off even further.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Praetorian

Golden Knight of the Realm
A "gravity well" is just gravity. It simplifies the visualization of how gravity works.

The "gravity well" of small objects exists but is negligible for matter at the scale depicted in TLJ bombing scene. THAT is the problem.

Gravity exits between any two pieces of matter in space, no matter the distance. But it follows the inverse-square law. At long distance it may feel like nothing, but it's there.

Carrie Fisher got rocketed out into space and Mary Poppins' herself back into a ship but a fucking bombing run is what got some jimmies rustled?

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Carrie Fisher got rocketed out into space and Mary Poppins' herself back into a ship but a fucking bombing run is what got some jimmies rustled?
The bombing run could have been one of those funny things that makes no sense in a film you love.

When suspension of disbelief is broken you question and pick apart everything though.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users