Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
JJ knows that. He asked for 2 movies and so far it hasn't been greenlit. (I'm thinking Solo bombing ruined any chance of a 2 part Episode 9)

I'm guessing they want to see what he's got for the bulk of a first part Episode 9 before they give serious consideration to that request. Anyway-- it was a sign that JJ at least gives a tiny bit of a fuck about storytelling. He's well aware that he needs 2 movies.

Lol I was going to joke about an episode 10 after reading Chuk’s post but then I forgot this new faggotry why do with 2-part sequels now.

This is one instance where I could forgive it.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Star wars is such hot garbage now. Solo was boring and not that good, but it was miles better than episode 8. The series got fucked in the ass so hard it might be unsalvagable.

I sure as shit don't give a fuck. I only bothered watched solo when it became freely available. And with how amazing s7 of gothrones is, I sure as shit am excited for some StarFeminismWars from those two idiots as well. Even if you all say its amazing, I sure aint gonna pay to see whatever comes next.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I was thinking that one of the only ways ep 9 could turn out good is if the knights of ren factored in heavily. Much of the movie is flashbacks: luke training kylo and the knights, Snoke's backstory revealed in his dealings with the knights (and kylo). Build them up. Then rey's arc to redeem them giving her a proper hero's journey. Meanwhile kylo amasses power and begins a stranglehold on the galaxy. Some systems see the warning signs and preemptively join the rebellion forming around rey and these new influential knights.

Final battle: kylo is strong enough to take on multiple knights with rey but they ultimately prevail.

This way answers a lot of the questions we had re: snoke backstory and luke's downfall. It gives them a reason to have luke back to factor in heavily to the story for fan service. It gives rey an actual challenge to overcome, and it builds kylos character as he contends with a new threat. Many problems with TLJ are solved going down this route.

Leia basically has to retire her mantle or get killed off inmediately, they wont have enough leftover material to do much else. Then finn and poe (and begrudgingly rose, since they have to do SOMETHING with her character) can lead the charge to collect these unhappy systems and work to provide a transition of power from the first order.

Caliane

nah. have the knights of Ren work for him.
With Snoke dead he goes back and gets his disciples. trains them, and sends them off to be his Warlords to control various local sectors.

With the Rebellion dead. Rey then is wandering as that lone stranger, journeying to each of those places, dueling the warlord, and freeing the populace.
The Free people, then form a new Rebellion to bring the fight to Ren, without Rey as she walks off into the sunset.

Full on spaghetti western/kungfu. And fuck it, we get Eastwood to direct.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Star wars gets zero dollars from me unless they de canonize the shit they put out and reboot it.

Hell, I'm lying, I still wouldn't give them money.

Pretty funny seeing all the people posting they will go see it if. It's typical delusional pathetic bargaining.

They fucked you. Pay them or don't.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Star wars gets zero dollars from me unless they de canonize the shit they put out and reboot it.

Hell, I'm lying, I still wouldn't give them money.

Pretty funny seeing all the people posting they will go see it if. It's typical delusional pathetic bargaining.

They fucked you. Pay them or don't.

I'm not that drastic, everyone fucks up. That said, it'd take -MAJOR- changes for me to care again. I dunno what changes it would take, but ultimately, making an entertaining movie is the most important thing. I don't think kathleen kennedy or her crew is capable of that.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Abrams is under huge pressure to dig up a win that pleases the SW fanbase while not pissing off the blue hairs. i think there is a likely scenario he walks off during production and Johnson takes over.

• 1Barf

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Abrams is under huge pressure to dig up a win that pleases the SW fanbase while not pissing off the blue hairs. i think there is a likely scenario he walks off during production and Johnson takes over.
That seems incredibly unlikely. Not only is abrams a blue hair himself, but it would be incredibly bad for his career to do that. One simply does not walk off of a Disney production. You work there until the job is done or you are fired.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That seems incredibly unlikely. Not only is abrams a blue hair himself, but it would be incredibly bad for his career to do that. One simply does not walk off of a Disney production. You work there until the job is done or you are fired.
his boss is still Kennedy and he could easily be forced to walk off with her dicking over his vision. once she gets rid of Abrams she can put RJ back in there.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Just finish Episode 9 with an after credit scene showing a Rataka overlooking the building of a Starforge, or a group of Siths (the species) training at the Sith Academy on Korriban, and I won't care about the previous 2 hours and will eagerly awaiting the next movie. :)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just finish Episode 9 with an after credit scene showing a Rataka overlooking the building of a Starforge, or a group of Siths (the species) training at the Sith Academy on Korriban, and I won't care about the previous 2 hours and will eagerly awaiting the next movie. :)

The camera pans through the Sith Academy passing recruits and begins to focus on a lone figure in the middle. The camera brings the audience closer and closer to this shadowy figure who is in the middle training pupils with force lighting. The figure slowly turns his head for the final shot of the series. Valderen Valderen jumps out of his seat spilling popcorn and a cherry icee all over some fat neckbeard next to him. He lets out a “Fuck Yeah!” followed by tears of joy.

The shadowy figure transcends space and time to acknowledge Valderen Valderen with a nod and a evil grin. /end credits

E9A4B837-9EC0-4803-8127-7F3371C12422.jpeg

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
The only way Ep. 9 would be worth watching is if Rey loses a limb in a lightsaber duel. Preferably the one attached to her neck. Wouldn't that "subvert expectations"?

• 8Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The expectation is the next one will suck ass so by all means subvert that and make something good if you can. Johnson and Kennedy sure as shit won't be the ones to achieve that though.

Having a tractor drag in the dumpster fire and commanding JJ to "Fix it. In 2 years." while both of them still loom nearby is not going to inspire confidence in the slightest.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The expectation is the next one will suck ass so by all means subvert that and make something good if you can. Johnson and Kennedy sure as shit won't be the ones to achieve that though.

Having a tractor drag in the dumpster fire and commanding JJ to "Fix it. In 2 years." while both of them still loom nearby is not going to inspire confidence in the slightest.
yep, the fact that Iger is keeping KK and RJ on board sends a message to fans that they dont really give a fuck about your concerns, but are giving Abrams a go just to shut you the fuck up. now if he issued a statement saying that Abrams only answers to Iger and that he gets free reign on this movie that would change things vastly. but he cant do that without sending shockwaves through diseny about preferential treatment and all that.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Start the movie with a scene from one of the two reboot movies with a slow fade into "Meanwhile..." followed by a switch over to an entirely different story. Then just never return to the reboot story.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Braen

<Medals Crew>
They could do a "Clue" ending and put up a screen that says, "That is how it could of happened... But this is how it really happened."

Cut shot to the Imperial Star Destroyer Chimera. The camera moves closer as we get a sense one again of the scale of these ships.

We move into the bridge and see Captain Pellaeon standing on the bridge looking over a tactical map when a messenger shouts an update for him. "Captain Pellaeon! The scout ships have just come out of lightspeed!" The captain responds "This is NOT a cattle market, Lieutenant. This the bridge of an Imperial Star Destroyer. Routine information is not—repeat, not—simply shouted in the general direction of its intended recipient.” Showing that the Imperial Navy, while battered and bruised, is training its new recruits in the ways of protocol and order, but also showing how young and inexperienced the line officers are now...

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
yep, the fact that Iger is keeping KK and RJ on board sends a message to fans that they dont really give a fuck about your concerns, but are giving Abrams a go just to shut you the fuck up. now if he issued a statement saying that Abrams only answers to Iger and that he gets free reign on this movie that would change things vastly. but he cant do that without sending shockwaves through diseny about preferential treatment and all that.

Why would they?

After shitting all over the entire SW fan base, people are still writing fan fiction in this thread.

It's beyond pathetic.

You American Inventors need lives.

• 1Salty

Jive Turkey

Karen
JJ knows that. He asked for 2 movies and so far it hasn't been greenlit. (I'm thinking Solo bombing ruined any chance of a 2 part Episode 9)

I'm guessing they want to see what he's got for the bulk of a first part Episode 9 before they give serious consideration to that request. Anyway-- it was a sign that JJ at least gives a tiny bit of a fuck about storytelling. He's well aware that he needs 2 movies.

I hope Johnson knows how much of a fuck up he is thanks to this request alone.

• 1Solidarity