Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You've literally just answered your own question.

Why is Ford a bigger star, why didn't Hamill get paid more?

Because Ford shook off Star Wars and had an actual career. Hamill was typecast as Skywalker and after Star Wars was most notable as a voice actor.

Ford's time is worth more than Hamill's. Ford can afford to be more picky re projects, turn them down and make demands that other actors with less star power cannot. Standard pay gap debunking
i cant disagree with this as much as i would like to. i'm probabky one of the few Mark Hamill fans out there, Corvette Summer is a favorite of mine. so is The Guyver. his voice acting as Joker was fantastic. but he is less than shit compared to the gigantic success Ford accumulated in his career. Star Wars, Indy, Bladerunner, The Fugitive. American Graffiti, etc. dude is an icon.

i will say this. Ford is an old man and pretty much no longer a draw, he shouldnt have been so highly regarded compared to Hamill. i bet for the amount of money they paid him to be in TFA, he probably would have liked to come back for another fat paycheck in ep 8.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
i cant disagree with this as much as i would like to. i'm probabky one of the few Mark Hamill fans out there, Corvette Summer is a favorite of mine. so is The Guyver. his voice acting as Joker was fantastic. but he is less than shit compared to the gigantic success Ford accumulated in his career. Star Wars, Indy, Bladerunner, The Fugitive. American Graffiti, etc. dude is an icon.

i will say this. Ford is an old man and pretty much no longer a draw, he shouldnt have been so highly regarded compared to Hamill. i bet for the amount of money they paid him to be in TFA, he probably would have liked to come back for another fat paycheck in ep 8.

My brother and I watched The Guyver and The Guyver 2 a shitload of times in the mid-90's. God damn is that an super underrated movie from that time. It was a great action/horror/sci-fi mashup with badass martial arts mixed in.

The Guyver is a far superior movie to The Last Jedi.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I mean, check out this badass shit from Guyver 2. This tops any scene in TLJ.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I don't think they like to make money.. or good decisions...

She obviously out of touch and needs to be put elsewhere. Obiwan and Boba Fett need to be made.

Honestly she has the best resources to work with in history. It's hard to mess up Star Wars but she some how has led it to the crapper. Luckily, it's in the early stages of crappage and this can recover but they need some good decisions quickly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

fris

Vyemm Raider
That's the weird part to me, thinking about it. Ford definitely has a career of solid hits, and has that weight to throw around.

But for Star Wars, Mark Hamil IS that. I don't know anyone who doesn't see his image when they think of the series. Him getting a pretty lousy salary in comparison kinda sucks

2 words as to who doesn't see him image when they think of SW, Kathleen Kennedy

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don't expect them to go forward with much of anything until they see how the final film of the current trilogy does at the box office.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Boba Fett was fine until they made his dad the prime clone and him a clone. Even if you still like him after the prequels, do you honestly think a Boba Fett movie wouldn't ruin what's left? This isn't Fox, they're not going to make an R rated movie.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Why would you guys want a movie based on a character who had 3 scenes and a handful of words in the original trilogy?

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why would you guys want a movie based on a character who had 3 scenes and a handful of words in the original trilogy?
Primary reason: zero faith that they can create entirely new characters with stories that are entertaining and not propaganda filled bullshit. So go with an existing character that has some hype, give it to someone like Filoni who is more interested in making actual Star Wars content rather than pandering, and then actually manage to explore and expand the universe with an underworld non-hero type. Basically, make what the Solo movie should have been instead of using wookiepedia as a script.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
How could they cancel Beta Fett? This movie could have been a good opportunity to introduce a strong, independent Mandaloran waman who don't need no man and usurps the title character.

Oh well...atleast there can always be a spin off of pink haired Holdo and Rose Tico because their stories need to be told.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider

I think that's the best part is that there are tons of material that are canon and non-canon and you're not handcuffed to anything. Also, you can easily give the fans what they wanted. Boba Fett was a chance to make it up to the fans and make it a complete BA movie. I would have done a Battle of the Bounty Hunters and had IG-88 as the "villain" and made Boba Fett everything the fans want him to be. Should have been easy money...

I really wish they wouldn't have spoiled Obiwan and Darth Maul with their animated show. That should have been the Obiwan movie.

It shouldn't be that difficult to make these decisions. The fans have essentially shown them what they want...

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Star wars is dead. Sci Fi isn't a thing in movies anymore.

• 1Picard

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
OK name some recent sci fi movies other than comic book ones.

You can easily google for Sci-fi movies 2018/2017/2016 and get lists. We've had a load of them over the past few years. And while you might not see them as sci-fi, many comic book movies still count. And if you try to argue that Star Wars of all things is Sci-Fi while something like Thor isn't... Then I just don't know what to say to you.