Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
nobody is going to develop a super weapon just to crush the 5 remaining members of a failed rebellion.

well except Disney.

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
nobody is going to develop a super weapon just to crush the 5 remaining members of a failed rebellion.

well except Disney.

Yeah Thrawn's going to come in with his big stockpiled fleet and master battle tactician acumen and just stomp all over 5 people. Can't wait.

The only way to do a Thrawn storyline is have him create a 3rd faction and destroy what remains of the "First Order" and have the movie mostly focus on him arriving at the First Order, and then subsequently punking the First Order. What you do with the shitty "main characters" Mary Sue and the gang, I don't know.

But Disney is too pussy to make an anti-hero or rewrite a character's EU backstory that much. They also placed too much emphasis on characters nobody cares about I.E. Rey, Finn, whoever-i-cant-be-fucking-bothered-to-care.

But who knows, maybe they will make Thrawn the savior of the "resistance", even if unwittingly. Its the only storyline that makes sense given this new Super weapon. Because if they just straight up add Thrawn onto the FIrst Order's card deck as a close ally, how does that make a movie??

You need formidable opposition to the First Order at this point. Thrawn can bring that.

Last edited:

Quaid

Trump's Staff
No, you aren't an average SW fan. The average SW fan has at least a passing familiarity with some amount of EU content. And no I don't mean the average fan has a Mara Jade waifu pillow and cried themselves to sleep for a week when Jaina killed Jacen, but they've at least read a book or two, maybe watched Clone Wars or Rebels, or they have an autistic friend that has given them the cliff notes of all sorts of random EU shit. People who have zero familiarity with anything beyond the movies can barely even be called fans.

Fucking what?

I’ve seen every Star Wars movie dozens if not hundreds of times, and have owned every one of them often in multiple physical formats. Played numerous games set in the universe spanning 3 decades that amount to many hundreds of hours. Have purchased toys, bed sheets, clothing for my children, and any number of other pieces of merchandise...

And because I haven’t been exposed to Star Wars through novel format I can 'barely be called a fan'? I’m not 'in the average'?

This is why Disney & Kathleen Kennedy think people like you don’t deserve to be taken seriously.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Fucking what?

I’ve seen every Star Wars movie dozens if not hundreds of times, and have owned every one of them often in multiple physical formats. Played numerous games set in the universe spanning 3 decades that amount to many hundreds of hours. Have purchased toys, bed sheets, clothing for my children, and any number of other pieces of merchandise...

And because I haven’t been exposed to Star Wars through novel format I can 'barely be called a fan'? I’m not 'in the average'?

This is why Kathleen Kennedy thinks people like you don’t deserve to be taken seriously.
Yeah. I mean the number of people that have been exposed to the shows is pretty significant, and obviously some people have read some number of the books/comics, but those numbers are dwarfed by the numbers that have watched the movies. People should check out Clone Wars and Rebels though, they're actually worth watching. 90 percent of the old EU novels are pure trash though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

rjnNthI.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not that I should dignify your straw-manning faggotry, especially when I already admitted I was just busting Chuk's balls for no particular reason, but by no stretch of the imagination does 'average Star Wars fan' apply to you in the first place. You're way the fuck beyond 'average' seeing as how you watched TFA like 10 times in the first year it was out.

TFA's rewatch-quality is excellent. I've probably watched it 7 or 8 times at this point.

But either way, what I said still applies to you too because

or they have an autistic friend that has given them the cliff notes of all sorts of random EU shit

You've been exposed to tons of random little EU tidbits just from talking about Star Wars on this very forum, like when Malakriss was explaining about the popularity of bounty hunters in Clone Wars, and I'm not gonna bother looking for even more shit that established your random exposure to EU stuff.

Some of the highest rated episodes of Clone Wars involved bounty hunters, either young Boba and his crew or Cad Bane or when Obi-wan went undercover as one. So it isn't just the line-up of bounty hunters summoned by Vader or in Jabba's palace there's some fans who just have a hardon for the whole category. Hondo even transitioned over to Rebels because he was a liked smuggler character.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Not that I should dignify your straw-manning faggotry, especially when I already admitted I was just busting Chuk's balls for no particular reason, but by no stretch of the imagination does 'average Star Wars fan' apply to you in the first place. You're way the fuck beyond 'average' seeing as how you watched TFA like 10 times in the first year it was out.

But either way, what I said still applies to you too because

You've been exposed to tons of random little EU tidbits just from talking about Star Wars on this very forum, like when Malakriss was explaining about the popularity of bounty hunters in Clone Wars, and I'm not gonna bother looking for even more shit that established your random exposure to EU stuff.

Aight cool

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah Thrawn's going to come in with his big stockpiled fleet and master battle tactician acumen and just stomp all over 5 people. Can't wait.

The only way to do a Thrawn storyline is have him create a 3rd faction and destroy what remains of the "First Order" and have the movie mostly focus on him arriving at the First Order, and then subsequently punking the First Order. What you do with the shitty "main characters" Mary Sue and the gang, I don't know.

But Disney is too pussy to make an anti-hero or rewrite a character's EU backstory that much. They also placed too much emphasis on characters nobody cares about I.E. Rey, Finn, whoever-i-cant-be-fucking-bothered-to-care.

But who knows, maybe they will make Thrawn the savior of the "resistance", even if unwittingly. Its the only storyline that makes sense given this new Super weapon. Because if they just straight up add Thrawn onto the FIrst Order's card deck as a close ally, how does that make a movie??

You need formidable opposition to the First Order at this point. Thrawn can bring that.
is this thrawn person confirmed or is this just a rumor from a tweet?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Read the synopsis, doesn't sound that great?

Thrawn trilogy is some of the best material the EU has ever produced. It created a logical progression from the end of Return of the Jedi. Thrawn is an incredibly compelling and well done villain. Luke struggled with being the heir to the Jedi and having to rebuild a totally broken order almost entirely alone.

Thrawn was a legitimate threat because it plays on the idea that the Empire was broken because the Emperor was killed sure. But the Empire still had a ton of shit. Thousands of soldiers and materials around that it would take the Republic decades to clean up. He was like a rallying call and a master tactician. Dude only had one Star Destroyer at first and used it to phenomenal effect. The new Republic really had no way to deal with him as he came out of the Outer Rim.

It was just good. Plain and simple. Superior to TFA and TLJ by an order of magnitude.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah and I think a lot of people thought Thrawn stuff might get lifted into this new Triology. Unfortunately, Rian Johnson with his Elementary School mentality decided he was going to do everything opposite to what we wanted in attempt to reveal some savior-esque genius to the franchise. He's such an idiot.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
is this thrawn person confirmed or is this just a rumor from a tweet?

As far as leaks out of Pinewood studios editing room, 9 will be focus on Kylo Ren, Vader, and Anakin's relationship. The Kylo arc will continue. Redemption, maybe. Its looking like he's spending a portion of 9 conflicted perhaps building up to a climax of redemption. Either way we have lots of Luke, Hayden/Vader screentime confirmed if you trust the Pinewood studios source.

Nothing hard on Thrawn yet, just Mike Zeroh's anonymous source and the tweet, along with the casting of a IRL duplicate of Thrawn. Its enough for me that if the Pinewood source says anything about Thrawn I will take it as a 100% confirmation. Just too much surmounting evidence in favor of Thrawn being casted in 9, including some of JJ Abrams allusions to fan fare.

The first trailer drops during Superbowl weekend and is expected to reveal Lando Calrissian, and potentially hint at either Darth Plagueis or another big bad.

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
Thrawn trilogy is some of the best material the EU has ever produced. It created a logical progression from the end of Return of the Jedi. Thrawn is an incredibly compelling and well done villain. Luke struggled with being the heir to the Jedi and having to rebuild a totally broken order almost entirely alone.

Thrawn was a legitimate threat because it plays on the idea that the Empire was broken because the Emperor was killed sure. But the Empire still had a ton of shit. Thousands of soldiers and materials around that it would take the Republic decades to clean up. He was like a rallying call and a master tactician. Dude only had one Star Destroyer at first and used it to phenomenal effect. The new Republic really had no way to deal with him as he came out of the Outer Rim.

It was just good. Plain and simple. Superior to TFA and TLJ by an order of magnitude.
That sounds a lot better actually, I guess it loses a lot reading a wikipedia synopsis which didn't really focus on Thrawn at all.

Last edited:

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
If we keep adding super weapons, are we gonna get a movie where the super weapons fight each other?

Maybe a post-planetary galaxy where only massive super weapons roam, fighting over the last fuel and resources. Could have peter jackson direct.