Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Palum

what Suineg set it to
How was it resource rich, they were literally all going to die after three weeks of an ineffective blockade. The entire planet can't support all forty citizens and some amphibious rabbits.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Can we not talk about the logistics of the prequels please? Very little about them makes sense

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
If only a handful of them are using binoculars, then less expensive.

if you're going to complain about binoculars, then why not guns? Give them all laser arms
rrr_img_130832.jpg

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
How was it resource rich, they were literally all going to die after three weeks of an ineffective blockade. The entire planet can't support all forty citizens and some amphibious rabbits.
I laughed.

But maybe the resources were minerals and shit, not food and textiles.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
JJ Abrams caused akerfuffleduring a Q&A at the Tribeca Film Festival when he was asked about Rey's parentage coming to light in Ep 8:

Rey's parents are not in Episode VII. So I can't possibly in this moment tell you who they are. This is all I will say: It's something that Rey thinks about too.
He had to refine that a little bit afterwards:

What I meant was that she doesn't discover them in Episode VII. Not that they may not already be in her world.
Even with the clarification I have a hard time buying Luke being her father but not telling her, so that theory just got a big hole blown in it as far as I'm concerned.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I assume that's supposed to be VIII not VII.

Anyway, it's not that big of a hole. Hell right off the top of my head, it could be exactly like Brom and Eragon in the Eragon books, which would be ironic given how often his writing was called a ripoff of Star Wars. Brom had to teach Eragon the basics of how to survive as a dragon rider, and when he later finds out that Brom was his father, Eragon admits that he never would have trusted him if Brom had told him. Luke is in a similar situation in that he will need to train Rey, but if he admits he's her father, there's no way she'd trust him after being marooned on Jakku for her entire childhood.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh well then with his clarification that doesn't change the 'Luke is her father' theory at all.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
JJ Abrams caused akerfuffleduring a Q&A at the Tribeca Film Festival when he was asked about Rey's parentage coming to light in Ep 8:

He had to refine that a little bit afterwards:

Even with the clarification I have a hard time buying Luke being her father but not telling her, so that theory just got a big hole blown in it as far as I'm concerned.
Kahn was also not in Star Trek: Into Darkness. The dude also keeps his movies under the tightest seal in the business.

so your mileage may vary

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
So...I'm a little slow on the uptake. I was watching this last night at home, and something made me think Han Solo was a drug runner. Apparently, after googling this, it's true? I've watched these movies hundreds of times, I never once thought about what Han might be smuggling.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So...I'm a little slow on the uptake. I was watching this last night at home, and something made me think Han Solo was a drug runner. Apparently, after googling this, it's true? I've watched these movies hundreds of times, I never once thought about what Han might be smuggling.
Uh, yeah, spice is used to make illicit substances, kessel is one of the biggest sources of it, and is why some smugglers used the kessel run instead of safer routes. I don't know if spice being a drug is still canon though.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Oh so he's basically smuggling the SW equivalent of Claritin-D. It's not his fault if the end user turns it into space-meth. For all he knows, most of them could be legit using it for space-allergies.

Posthumous bro-fist @ Han.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh so he's basically smuggling the SW equivalent of Claritin-D. It's not his fault if the end user turns it into space-meth. For all he knows, most of them could be legit using it for space-allergies.

Posthumous bro-fist @ Han.
More like smuggling opium poppies if we were gonna try and make tortured connections to real life.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
oh yeah. can't possibly be. J.J. way too good for that.
77RmfTu.png

Way back when, I was the one arguing it was clearly Kahn from the trailers when some other people were all "nah uh JJ said it wasn't!"

I don't consider putting Kahn in the star trek reboot stupid and uninteresting if that's the angle you are going.