Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Strong meta humor. Lord and Miller level stuff which is a real headscratcher..

Average Star Wars fans across the globe are characterizing it as polarizing. Reviews of plot, much less polarizing-- which leaves humor poised to be arguably the most polarizing aspect of Episode 8 in the aftermath.

Very interesting.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I get that Star Wars always has had pretty good humor in parts, but I'm not too keen of the Disney-esque: Battle scene > "humorous" quip > more battling > repeat style of cinematography they use the Marvel movies.

I'm hoping it's not like that to be honest, parts of Rogue One did that and they were my least favourite parts.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
who knows how true any of this is. spoilers don't tend to take away from my movie enjoyment and i'm not seeing this til after release weekend anyhow

Warning Spoilers!
Warning Spoilers!
Warning Spoilers!
Warning Spoilers!
Warning Spoilers!
Warning Spoilers!
Warning Spoilers!
Warning Spoilers!
Warning Spoilers!
Warning Spoilers!
Warning Spoilers!
Warning Spoilers!
Warning Spoilers!
Warning Spoilers!
Warning Spoilers!
Warning Spoilers!

Kylo kills Snoke.
Kylo is bad guy and remains dark at end.
Rey is the Last Jedi at end and does not turn Dark.
Leia lives till end.
Luke dies at end.
Yoda convinces Luke to train Rey.
Resistance is in disarray at end.
Lots of humor that some fans will hate.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
Urge to click grey boxes rising....Gonna have to bail out until afterwards. May the force be with you all ( to not click spoilerz )

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Hmmm.

2Cem0CC.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Jesus H Christ people are loosing their goddamn minds on the basis of nothing more than rumors coming out of the premier screening. Rian Johnson is getting death threats on twitter. I'll never understand the degree of entitlement with which some people view these characters and the only acceptable outcomes for them are the ones they've contrived in their narrow little minds.

• 1Picard
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Have had 5 friends/aquaintances mostly in the comic book field see it now. All of them fairly over the top that this is a game changer, and thankfully none of them are spoiling anything. The unanimous by-line to this is, "do not spoil this for yourself, no matter what you know, you don't know anything". Note to self...manage these relationships into seeing the next one early.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Read the spoilers. Original characters seem poorly handled, but only getting details, not much context.

• 1Solidarity

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Its literally Mask on = win, off = sad panda

I hope they just keep his mask on and keep him badass, but we know thats not going to happen.
That's one of the things I liked about Force Awakens. Behind that fearsome mask is an emo kid punk ass faggot.

Everything so far is making me hope this is going to kick ass.

Nerdmode ENGAGED

• 1Picard

Muligan

Trakanon Raider

Not sure if I find them funny or cringe worthy. I don't get their humor unless they acted this way specifically for this particular video then it may be funny as they could be poking fun at the hard core fans and YouTubers. Eh... surprised there are not more reviews out already. No scores on RT yet either. I've seen several people say that they were not sure how they felt about it just yet.

Royal

The review embargo doesn't lift for another 2 hours. A lot of the critics who saw the screening last night probably started working on their reviews shortly after that and just decided to hold any sort of response for the longer format.

They'll be all over the place soon.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Not sure if I find them funny or cringe worthy. I don't get their humor unless they acted this way specifically for this particular video then it may be funny as they could be poking fun at the hard core fans and YouTubers. Eh... surprised there are not more reviews out already. No scores on RT yet either. I've seen several people say that they were not sure how they felt about it just yet.

Look up Collider Jedi Council

• 1Like

Royal

They mash together a few web shows into their parody. Screen Junkies is another in their mix.

• 1Like

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Lots of reviews are out now. So far they've been extremely positive with a recurring theme that this movie is incredibly unique in the franchise, ties up a surprising amount of loose ends, and while it pays homage to Empire in many ways, it's nowhere near as reminiscent of it as TFA was of ANH. I'm officially excited. Sounds like they should have kept Rian around for 9.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I actually liked both the recent ones. Rogue one I liked a little better. I mean lets face it, these are nothing more than glorified kids/grown nerds movies anyway.

My kids, being 15 and 13 dont really give a shit about SW as my generation did. Im like a new SW movie is coming, they are like, meh, so? Dont know maybe its just my kids.

• 1Like

Caliane

@GermainLussier
"I can’t believe The Last Jedi exists. @rianjohnson is a madman and I love him for it. He takes Star Wars to the edge and throws it over. What a crazy, awesome movie. We’ll be talking about this one for a long, long time."

It's comments like this that makes me want to read the spoilers because i'm not sure what to believe or trust. This is driving me crazy. I've not see one review in terms of good/bad, stars, or ratings but everyone is freaking out about how to process what they have experienced and not sure what to do about it.

This is going to drive me crazy.
ha yeah. Stuckman review as well. "this movies asks alot of questions about the force, etc that a casual viewer might ask upon first hearing". things like that. almost worrying.
games, comics, books... have long made many of the logical flaws in the Light side, dark side, and the force very apparent. Balance, unity, grey jedi.. midiclorians. you start giving answers or thinking too much about this mysticism, and it kindof falls apart. the EU is full of retarded bullshit. gods, witches, and shit.. I worry any time these things start to get explored, because they can destroy the franchise. I like grey jedi as well. but the answer is to easy. oh, keep a balance on your emotions? gee never thought of that. no one in the 20,000 year history of Jedi/sith has thought of that..
jedi code only makes sense if a balance is not possible. starwars only exists if the wars continue. A galaxy where ying/yang doesn't work.

Royal

I watched Stuckman's review as well. I think he said it explores the same sort of questions that a new character (ie. Rey) would have when exposed to the assumed truths of the force for the first time. I've seen several reviewers say that in many ways it blows the established understanding of the force apart by posing as many additional questions as it seems to answer (which Stuckman also seemed to echo). That won't sit well with some unto itself though (canon junkies mostly).