Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Wait, both Palpatine AND the Emperor were from Naboo?
I was walking behind an elderly couple at the Phantom Menace who sounded exactly like George's parents on Seinfeld. They were arguing that the movie was too confusing and who the hell is this Palpatine fellow. A few kids told them it was the emperor and even the same actor. The wife said he was too young to be the actor who played the Emperor.

It was our generations story. Old people and Spiderman's generation don't have a fucking clue, and many don't care despite what we think. We're now officially the people we grew up with arguing over Steve McQueen and John Wayne.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Mark was asked to reveal something about ep8...his answer

Mark Hamill Verified account
?@HamillHimself

It wraps on Friday July 22nd 2016 #LooseLipsSinkStarships #W8ForVIII #DontBeAHomer #PatienceMyPadawans #Rogue1Sooner

pretty wild they are this close to finishing the main stuff. wonder how extensive reshoots will be.

Silence_sl

shitlord
It has a certain logical consitency. That dude is an awesome X-wing pilot, i wouldnt be suprised if he is at least a force sensitive.
He probably takes vitamins that have been fortified with mitichorians. This is no less absurd than the notion of mitichlorians itself.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
According to Reddit, it's likely that Rey's parents crash landed on a red planet in a single star system. Without supplies, they were forced to eat potatoes and build R2D2 from the remnants of some mysterious vehicle that they found. Since handsome guys from other galaxies (Superman) are superhuman, Rey was born with Matt Damon's characteristics inherited by her parent's consumption of potatoes grown from his shit. Rey was then kidnapped by a blue pirate guy with a floating pencil superweapon that he whistles to, and one to always talk about eating people. Instead of adopting her like he recently did after kidnapping a small boy from Earth, he kicked her annoying ass off on Jakku.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ant-Man's Yellow Jacket's laser sounds were Star Wars's AT-AT laser cannons.
Episode VII's X-Wing laser sounds were Star Control's Yehat Terminator guns

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yes, sound effects get reused a lot and for years. The Willhelm scream came from a movie in the 50's and has been used in hundreds of films, including the original star wars.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Today's twitter message from Rian Johnson
rrr_img_136844.jpg

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
[CONTAINER][POSTER]
nlqFgG7jfBITl8fJHzL72jXwYLt.jpg
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Rian Johnson[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Daisy Ridley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Adam Driver[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mark Hamill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Boyega[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Oscar Isaac[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carrie Fisher[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gwendoline Christie[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Benicio del Toro[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gugu Mbatha-Raw[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jimmy Vee[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Domhnall Gleeson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lupita Nyong'o[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tom Hardy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Andy Serkis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Simon Pegg[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2017-12-13[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Rey took her first steps into a larger world in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and will continue her epic journey with Finn, Poe, and Luke Skywalker in the next chapter of the continuing Star Wars saga, Star Wars: Episode VIII.[/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

Last edited by a moderator:

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
alright, take this with a major grain of salt, its probably completely bunk but I found many of the arguments fairly compelling.
There's a rumor floating around that Disney/Lucasfilm will bump this movie up from December 2017 to May 2017. The arguments, in no real order, although saving the biggest for the last...
1) The list of Rogue One merch going on sale for Force Friday (September 30) is pretty small. (Anecdotally, I was in full charge for TFA Force Friday and there was a ton of shit to be had...I saw stuff that day that I still haven't seen in a store since).
2) The small amount of merch could be because Hasbro is already focusing in Ep8 merch.
3) Principal shooting for Ep8 wrapped in July, and they are already in editing on the movie, and have been for at least a week.
4) JJ was pushing for a May release of Ep7 because they were basically done with the movie and could have made it work, and they wrapped production at a later time than this movie has (although we should expect considerable reshoots still)
4) John Williams said, during a performance of his works roughly 3 weeks ago, that he expected to see a rough edit of the movie and begin work on the score "within the next couple weeks".
5) Disney has Pirates of the Caribbean slated for the May 2017 slot, although this production seems to have had some hiccups along the way that might be reduced by extending its editing window, to something like December 2017.
5) May 2017 marks the 40th anniversary of the release of the original Star Wars. What better way to mark it than putting out the next in the series.

There's some meat to the argument, which all might be trumped by...

The arguments against
1) Disney could make a fucking absolute mint re-releasing all the movies to this point one month at a time starting in May in theatres leading up to Ep8 in December.

thoughts?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I've seen the 40th anniversary argument made before. That's the only one I give a smidgen of weight to, and just a smidgen.

Disney can't re-release the originals. Fox still owns the distro rights to those (and will until 2020, except Ep IV which they have permanent rights to).

Personally I think they'll stick to the current schedule.

Fadaar

That guy
Only real problem I can see with that release date is GOTG 2 comes out that same month. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll push that up to April! GOTG and Star Wars attract different demographics as a whole with Star Wars getting the older generations, but there's gotta be some massive overlap with them both being sci-fi and the surprisingly huge success the first GOTG movie was.