Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
For whoever was posting (and I've seen A LOT of it on these forums)

"THERE WILL BE BIG RETCONNING IN EPISODE 9".

Yeahhhhhhhhh nah.

You need to remember JJ didn't want to direct TFA and turned it down. Spielberg was sent to convince him to direct TFA by Kathleen. Why does this matter? Because he was talked into Star Wars. He doesn't respect or care about your little Episode 9 outcome and he didn't give a fuck to direct TFA either.

Again, Hamill expertly uses humor to leak the reality of the situation.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Raes

Vyemm Raider

giphy.gif

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
The next Star Wars movie should the Yuuzhan Vong show up and fuck everything up, new story arc right there.

• 3Barf
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
you know it's bad when a fucking Yuuzhan Vong invasion would be an improvement.

• 7Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 8 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think that Harrison was actually, legitimately pissed off in that scene about how bad the scripts were and that his character was being killed off in such an uneventful, anti-climactic way.

No seriously, that's not how the force works you twats.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

they gon learn today that normies don't buy toys or collectibles.

Not respecting the spirit of the original movies will prove fatal longterm. I can't stress enough how little normies care about Star Wars.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not only that but the new generation of fans don't buy toys either, they just buy games and apps.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I think that Harrison was actually, legitimately pissed off in that scene about how bad the scripts were and that his character was being killed off in such an uneventful, anti-climactic way.

No seriously, that's not how the force works you twats.

FOrd wanted to be killed off, remember he's spent 30 years not talking about Star Wars

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Yeah. And when Harrison Ford (rarely) talked about Star Wars, he usually said Han Solo should've died in the original trilogy already, probably already in Empire. He considered the character's arc essentially done with the end of the original Star Wars.

Pretty likely, killing Han was a clause he wanted to come back in the first place.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
If you think actors get to make demands like that to the script, rewatch every single mark hamill interview about TLJ.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
If you think actors get to make demands like that to the script, rewatch every single mark hamill interview about TLJ.

What? Harrison Ford is not Mark Hamill - nobody put a gun to Ford's head and said he had to sign a multi picture deal or else. What probably happened is they approached him to come back to Star Wars, he said he'll only do one film and wanted to be killed off. So they worked his reluctance to be in the trilogy into the plot

Whereas Hamill probably signed up for a 3 film deal and once that ink dried he belonged to Disney

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What? Harrison Ford is not Mark Hamill - nobody put a gun to Ford's head and said he had to sign a multi picture deal or else. What probably happened is they approached him to come back to Star Wars, he said he'll only do one film and wanted to be killed off. So they worked his reluctance to be in the trilogy into the plot

Whereas Hamill probably signed up for a 3 film deal and once that ink dried he belonged to Disney

That is a good point. Ford made 34 million for The Force Awakens. (15 million was in guaranteed money)

Hamil made probably between 1 million and 1.5 million.

For “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” Hamill was paid a low seven-figure salary, according to Variety.
Ford is a AAA movie star. He can call some shots more than likely and has weight. He's represented by people who are a big deal in Hollywood whereas Hamil far less significance.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's the weird part to me, thinking about it. Ford definitely has a career of solid hits, and has that weight to throw around.

But for Star Wars, Mark Hamil IS that. I don't know anyone who doesn't see his image when they think of the series. Him getting a pretty lousy salary in comparison kinda sucks

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
FOrd wanted to be killed off, remember he's spent 30 years not talking about Star Wars

Did he want to be killed off by his crybaby son who couldn't even beat a janitor in a lightsabre duel?

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
That's the weird part to me, thinking about it. Ford definitely has a career of solid hits, and has that weight to throw around.

But for Star Wars, Mark Hamil IS that. I don't know anyone who doesn't see his image when they think of the series. Him getting a pretty lousy salary in comparison kinda sucks

You've literally just answered your own question.

Why is Ford a bigger star, why didn't Hamill get paid more?

Because Ford shook off Star Wars and had an actual career. Hamill was typecast as Skywalker and after Star Wars was most notable as a voice actor.

Ford's time is worth more than Hamill's. Ford can afford to be more picky re projects, turn them down and make demands that other actors with less star power cannot. Standard pay gap debunking