Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Not having same director/vision for all 3 movies was the issue from the start. I also don't get all the hate TFA gets, not saying it was great by any stretch but I'll echo others that it did a good job introducing the new characters and having a good amount of threads to pull on and tease out how we got from there to here over 30 years.

I also wonder how much of Carrie Fisher dying fucked some of the new movie. I know they had said from even before she passed that IX was supposed to be "her" film in that TFA was Han's, and TLJ was Luke's. Curious if there was ever a thought to not have her be a focus because she passed, or if they were just hell bent on trying to use old footage to tie her in as much as they could.

Wait, what? How in the fuck was TLJ "Luke's movie"???? Aside from making him an insufferable cunt drinking blue alien tit milk and bitching about everything and not doing anything until his retarded end. It was a movie to destroy the character of Luke Skywalker, I will concede that. Along with Vader's redemption, he helped save the fucking known universe from evil. And then it was "fuck your lightsaber" and blue alien tit milk.

And why would anyone who Star Warses give two flying fucks about Princess Leia?? She was a secondary character, the Princess Peach of the original Trilogy, the damsel in distress, but the whole "Luke's Sister" meant pathetic scrambling to get a "strong female" - better than Mary Sue Rey, I suppose. Carrie Fisher was, by all measures, a nasty addict and horrible to work with, and disliked by almost everyone........no one wanted to showcase her in anything. Seriously.

Anyway, I will give you that TFA could be construed as "Han's" movie, if only because he only had one in him, so they had to send him off somehow. That old geezer was not coming back for more.

Jesus, I sound so angry, lol. Anyway, if your premise was the "original plan" then they failed before they even started. Clearly, I guess.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I've never watched the originals, or the new old ones, or the new new ones.
But you've participated in this thread!!!

giphy.gif

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Wat? No one accepted Purgatory as an explanation until the end of this garbage.

But, what about the fucking polar bear? And the bunker. The button?

I loved that show, for a little while. Then I hated. Oooooooh how I hated. We ALL hated. Fucking hacks.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Wait, what? How in the fuck was TLJ "Luke's movie"???? Aside from making him an insufferable cunt drinking blue alien tit milk and bitching about everything and not doing anything until his retarded end. It was a movie to destroy the character of Luke Skywalker, I will concede that. Along with Vader's redemption, he helped save the fucking known universe from evil. And then it was "fuck your lightsaber" and blue alien tit milk.
you colorblind?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

fris

Vyemm Raider
Disney+ will continue to get my money so I can watch MCU content

I'm not paying for anything related to StarWars until I get something dedicated to Jedi Luke, something after ROTJ. I don't care if it's weak story, fan service, i just want to see Luke as a jedi being a bad ass. heck, give me a video game aka Force Unleashed, but based on Luke.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, the only thing I'd be interested in, Star Wars-wise, would be a fast forward at least a few hundred years.
Totally agree. I always imagined that somehow the force or at least force users would die out in some cataclysmic event 200 years after Ep 9. Fast forward another 200 years and twins are born, one light one dark and yadda yadda yadda, light sabers a three faction war between light dark and non force users.

Fuck Disney should just hire me to fix all this shit with a reboot of the Galaxy.

Oblio for Kennedy's Job 2020, MAKE STAR WARS GREAT AGAIN!

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I just read an article from Forbes that said the movie was terrible... Except it said it was terrible for all kinds of weird reasons... Basically because it didn't stick to what Rian did in that "this isn't your franchise anymore, it's ours." The article was attacking star wars fans and literally blaming them (us) for voting in not one, but two palpatine-esque presidents (Bush and trump).

Basically it seemed like the people who really liked tlj hated this for all the same reasons that they loved tlj. But all the people who hated tlj, also hate this...

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is there a summary of what the EU's episodes 7-9 were supposed to be?

Extra-galactic invaders called the Yuuzhan Vong, kick the shit out of the New Republic and the Imperial Remnant after dropping a moon on Chewbacca. Han and Leia's youngest son dies which is a big part of what eventually drives Jacen Solo the dark side, becoming known as Darth Caedus and being a general galaxy wrecking badass until he is eventually killed in a lightsaber duel by his twin sister Jaina.

But that's more like episodes 7-12, or even 7-15.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Important to keep perspective that this was supposed to be Avengers: Endgame.

We shouldn't be talking about how its trending down-- we should be talking about record-setting numbers for a 40-year-in-the-making finale of a universe.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Honestly, the only thing I'd be interested in, Star Wars-wise, would be a fast forward at least a few hundred years.
idk. Luke's story was the thing I was interested in. I've tried to get into the other stuff, i'm just not invested in the story at all outside of the original trilogy.

• 1Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I would like to see some of the old republic shit, from waht I have played in vija games over the years there is some cool shit there to explore.
Since Kotor thats all I've really wanted from a movie

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Gimme 2 hours of SWTOR cinematics in one big old republic animated movie. Make 9 animated movies if you need to. There's so much material there.

Gimme Luke's story after ROTJ too. Delete the last 3 from canon, so we can watch it without the premise that he dies like a little bitch after going emo in solitary confinement drinking green milk for decades.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
looks like chewie dies

Wait hold up.

Did this dumb cunt just spaz out and fucking obliterate Chewie while uncontrolabely spewing force lightning out of her fingertips?

Edit

nvm Runnan posted he doens't. Still a dumb fucking scene

• 1Worf

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
looks like chewie dies

My favorite part of the constant inconsistencies in any extended series is how power levels wax and wane depending on what the plot needs at any given point. The Pitch Meeting Youtube series does a really good job pointing this out even in your favorite movies, much to your suprise.