Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Lost? LOST????? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Proud to say I never watched 1 second of that show.

• 7Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 9 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Lost has been consistently ranked by critics as one of the greatest television series of all time.[2][3][4] The first season had an estimated average of 16 million viewers per episode on ABC.[5] During its sixth and final season, the show averaged over 11 million U.S. viewers per episode. Lost was the recipient of hundreds of industry award nominations throughout its run and won numerous of these awards, including the Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series in 2005,[6] Best American Import at the British Academy Television Awards in 2005, the Golden Globe Award for Best Drama in 2006, and a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Ensemble in a Drama Series. Users of IMDbPro gave Lost the highest average ranking for any television series during the first ten years (2002–2012) of the website's operation.[7]
Oh critics think it was good? Well shit thats different then. What do critics think about the new Star Wars?
It was a great 5 seasons. 6th season does not exist.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

Yorue missing out man. I think its still in Netflix. Definitely worth a watch if you have not. Especially since you can binge the fuck out of it.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Oh critics think it was good? Well shit thats different then. What do critics think about the new Star Wars?

It was a great 5 seasons. 6th season does not exist.

Oh some asshole on a back alley of the internet forum thinks it was shit, clearly it must be then.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Oh some asshole on a back alley of the internet forum thinks it was shit, clearly it must be then.
Oh some asshole on a back alley of the internet forum thinks it was good, clearly it must be then.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Wanna know how I know that God isn't real?

This movie won't tank in the box office. The only justice is that it might not meet "expectations" and that the toys are not selling well.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Why the fuck did they name Kylo, "Ben"? Leia and Han barely knew Obi-Wan, that little thing right there is where it began to unravel for me. I still don't get that, naming him Lando would have made more sense given he actually had interactions Leia and Han beyond "Sup, your ship sucks, the force is real, and I'll do the thing to the thing. **dies**"

Ok I said I was done here but fuck I can't let that pass because that goes beyond not paying attention to the sequels it's like basic movie watching 101 right there.

Are you really arguing why Leia and Han named their kid Ben after the man that :

- saved Luke and Leia's mother after Vader left her for dead so she could deliver the babies
- brought Leia to her adoptive family on Aldeeran and Luke to the Lars on Tatooine and watched over him for 20 years
- had served her father during the Clone Wars, which is why her message called for his help
- launched a mission to rescue her, then sacrificed his life to give them time to escape
- further helped Luke from beyond death so he could topple the Empire and restore freedom to the galaxy

as opposed to the man that :

- betrayed them at Cloud City, leading Han to torture, freezing and capture by Boba Fett and Jabba.
- later made up for it by infiltrating Jabba's Palace, saving Han and helping in the battle of Endor.

I mean, both are heroes, but clearly if I had to pick which one I want my kid named after, I'd choose Ben too. Plus Lando Solo kind of sounds retarded.. which I guess would fit right into the Star Wars naming scheme, so you have a point there.

And yes I know in the classics Leia had no idea Obi-Wan did some of those things for her in retrospect, but Luke must have told her everything about it after ROTJ and that's how the decision to name the kid Ben came from.

Seriously, there's enough bullshit and terrible stuff in these sequels to nitpick and hate, but THAT is what triggers you?

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
This new trilogy is so convulsed, so badly written, so poorly paced and developed its astounding.

The production value is high with some fantastic cinematography and obvious score being what it is.

But wow....this is an actual achievement. How Disney can manage masterfully the 20 plus movie empire that is marvel, and yet so completely and utterly destroy a franchise as rich as Star Wars is simply mind blowing. Kathleen Kennedy told D&D to hold her beer and made S8 of GoT look like a Masterpiece of story telling. Its actually impressive how fucked up this new trilogy is and how badly managed this IP has been. Truly breathtaking level of ineptness.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Long story short about Lost, I am still bitter about how the last season went down. I didn't want to re-experience that bitterness twice which is why I didn't watch the final three episodes of Sons of Anarchy. I know how it ends but I have no intention of ever watching it, no point when nothing but disappointment is to be found.

That is how I feel about Star Wars now, I don't need to watch it die as I know it's already dead.

I won't watch anything Star Wars now, no interest. Solo, the Manned Delorian, even the originals... I just don't care anymore.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Long story short about Lost, I am still bitter about how the last season went down. I didn't want to re-experience that bitterness twice which is why I didn't watch the final three episodes of Sons of Anarchy. I know how it ends but I have no intention of ever watching it, no point when nothing but disappointment is to be found.

That is how I feel about Star Wars now, I don't need to watch it die as I know it's already dead.

I won't watch anything Star Wars now, no interest. Solo, the Manned Delorian, even the originals... I just don't care anymore.
I stopped watching SOA when the went to Ireland? over the baby napping? I don't even remember, it got so dumb that I quit, feels good man. Feels good!

• 4Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not having same director/vision for all 3 movies was the issue from the start. I also don't get all the hate TFA gets, not saying it was great by any stretch but I'll echo others that it did a good job introducing the new characters and having a good amount of threads to pull on and tease out how we got from there to here over 30 years.

I also wonder how much of Carrie Fisher dying fucked some of the new movie. I know they had said from even before she passed that IX was supposed to be "her" film in that TFA was Han's, and TLJ was Luke's. Curious if there was ever a thought to not have her be a focus because she passed, or if they were just hell bent on trying to use old footage to tie her in as much as they could.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Critics also loved TLJ.
Lost was legit fun pre season 6. the theorycrafting on JJ's mystery boxes on this board alone was worth it. of course everyone knew from season 1 that they were in some kind of purgatory after everyone died in the plane crash, but JJ lied and denied it to the very end when he revealed that everyone was dead and this was purgatory. woops! then he said that wasnt Khan in his second Star Trek movie. until it was. wooops! but seriously, check out Lost for the fine piece of woman that was Kate.
Kate-lost-1093484_1200_1600.jpg

• 3Mother of God
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Lost was legit fun pre season 6. the theorycrafting on JJ's mystery boxes on this board alone was worth it. of course everyone knew from season 1 that they were in some kind of purgatory after everyone died in the plane crash, but JJ lied and denied it to the very end when he revealed that everyone was dead and this was purgatory. woops! then he said that wasnt Khan in his second Star Trek movie. until it was. wooops! but seriously, check out Lost for the fine piece of woman that was Kate.
Kate-lost-1093484_1200_1600.jpg
Thanks Chukzombi Chukzombi , now I don't have to watch it because you just gave away the ending that I managed to avoid for the past decade.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I also don't get all the hate TFA gets, not saying it was great by any stretch but I'll echo others that it did a good job introducing the new characters and having a good amount of threads to pull on and tease out how we got from there to here over 30 years.

I think part of the hate now is due to what TLJ did to the characters and threads TFA had setup, basically it took a shit on everything, thus making the movie a lot less satisfying now than before TLJ.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I also don't get all the hate TFA gets

I didn't hate it, I just didn't care for it. It was empty and hollow and none of the characters were developed worth a damn, everything felt like it was starting in the middle instead of the beginning. It had no identity of its own and when it tried to build that identity it fell on its face. It wasn't a good action flick, it wasn't a good adventure flick, and it wasn't a good StWars flick. It just wasn't good. I agree that it wasn't really bad either, though.

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
rofl

And we thought it was six!! Damnit I guess the leaks were all bunk!

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Thanks Chukzombi Chukzombi , now I don't have to watch it because you just gave away the ending that I managed to avoid for the past decade.
it was in the first season, its not a spoiler really. everyone figured they were stuck in purgatory because the plane crashed on the island leaving debris and people ALIVE over several sections of it. its not possible for such a thing. what kept most of us wondering over the years until season 6 was how the fuck could they escape purgatory. for a little while they did. then this happened.
giphy.gif

and these dumbfucks went back to the island where they strolled off to "heaven".

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
it was in the first season, its not a spoiler really. everyone figured they were stuck in purgatory because the plane crashed on the island leaving debris and people ALIVE over several sections of it. its not possible for such a thing. what kept most of us wondering over the years until season 6 was how the fuck could they escape purgatory. for a little while they did. then this happened.
giphy.gif

and these dumbfucks went back to the island where they strolled off to "heaven".
Wat? No one accepted Purgatory as an explanation until the end of this garbage.