Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Chewie breaks down when Leia dies? He just got kinda mad when his lifelong pal got murdered by his own son and that was it.

I hear leia pull a Luke and just..... force dies?

Wtf is this shit

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Because these dumb fuckers seem to enjoy inventing new Jedi/Sith planets instead of using the ones they already have.

Well at least it allows people to use Korriban in other media. I feel the animated / game / Disney+ world is where Star Wars lives now.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
~1.5h in, fucking hell, this movie is stupid on so many levels if you are expecting to watch a SW movie. We're at #9 finally? Oh yeah, lets go out with a massive bang diarrhea.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
What. A. Dumb. Movie.

Pointless and worthless.... 4/10 only because it was in color and English.

• 10Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 12 users

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The new Star Wars movies (Solo, IX) are easily the highest profile case of 'get woke, go broke' to date. Hopefully studios take notice that women just don’t give a fuck about traditionally masculine IPs and stop messing around with them to try and expand the customer base. Sometimes when you try to appeal to everybody, you appeal to nobody. Black Panther showed just how effective targeted appeal can be, and blacks are a fall smaller population group than LITERALLY ALL MEN.

It’s a shame it had to be Star Wars that brought this into focus, but I think it might be worth it in the end.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Done with this abomination... a good laugh.
Honestly, if you like this movie you either don't know much about SW or you are an idiot. No offense. I simply don't belive anyone in charge of this movie has any clue about SW.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'm going to see it in a few hours but a friend of mine went to a special showing yesterday and gave it pretty decent reviews. His words were essentially, if you are a big canon person who also played all the video games and kinda got into all the different stories over the years, you get a lot of different payoffs. Said he was still fairly annoyed by several pieces but thought they had to address a lot from TLJ which hurt the film. He said as a Star Wars fan he appreciated the film but wished TLJ would have been better as this film would have been better.

The way he spoke it probably comes in at a B- at best just because TLJ was so bad and this was a big step up.

• 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Worf

Leon

<Silver Donator>
how can you get good payoffs if you are a big canon person considering all those ends have been tied already and there's literally nothing about that anymore.

Literally anything from the previous installments is either dealt with, ignored, the characters are dead or irrelevant. Only palps coming back is a tie in and it's the most ridiculous tie in ever.

• 2Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I'm going to see it in a few hours but a friend of mine went to a special showing yesterday and gave it pretty decent reviews. His words were essentially, if you are a big canon person who also played all the video games and kinda got into all the different stories over the years, you get a lot of different payoffs. Said he was still fairly annoyed by several pieces but thought they had to address a lot from TLJ which hurt the film. He said as a Star Wars fan he appreciated the film but wished TLJ would have been better as this film would have been better.

The way he spoke it probably comes in at a B- at best just because TLJ was so bad and this was a big step up.

That's pretty much my take on it too.

Not sure it's really a spoiler since it was in the trailers but...
that huge fleet of super-powerful starships found in the Unknown Regions was totally the Katana fleet from Dark Force Rising, the second book in the Thrawn trilogy. In the book, the fleet is vulnerable because all the ships are slaved to a flagship, the movie did it differently with all the ships being crewed seemingly, but only the flagship had the signal to lead them out of the magnetosphere of Exegol and until they were out they couldn't have shields up... so that was needlessly convoluted and more than a little retarded. It would have made more sense to have the ships be unmanned, and would have removed the plot hole of how did they feed those hundreds of thousands of troopers, technicians, officers, etc... for all those years.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
What. A. Dumb. Movie.

Pointless and worthless.... 4/10 only because it was in color and English.

lol'd irl at "in color and english"

Maybe it should have been in black and white and french. They could have pulled some arthouse cred.

• 2Solidarity

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
how can you get good payoffs if you are a big canon person considering all those ends have been tied already and there's literally nothing about that anymore.

Literally anything from the previous installments is either dealt with, ignored, the characters are dead or irrelevant. Only palps coming back is a tie in and it's the most ridiculous tie in ever.

I'm speaking after him because I asked the same questions.

For folks wanting some fan service from past Jedi's.. you got it.
Snoke answers..... You got it (the answer was forced and not what we wanted thanks to Rian Johnson but you got one nevertheless)
Several nods to the EU, video games, and other materials.
Expanded force powers (some shown in Mandalorian)
Finn story slightly improved
Poe story improved
Unliked characters moved to the background.
Luke / Leia characters much more respectable

Just some things he mentioned that I can remember.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Maybe the only way to properly enjoy this movie in theaters is watching it while wearing a Star Trek uniform. You can harness the hate and let it flow through you and all that other jazz.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
That's pretty much my take on it too.

Not sure it's really a spoiler since it was in the trailers but...
that huge fleet of super-powerful starships found in the Unknown Regions was totally the Katana fleet from Dark Force Rising, the second book in the Thrawn trilogy. In the book, the fleet is vulnerable because all the ships are slaved to a flagship, the movie did it differently with all the ships being crewed seemingly, but only the flagship had the signal to lead them out of the magnetosphere of Exegol and until they were out they couldn't have shields up... so that was needlessly convoluted and more than a little retarded. It would have made more sense to have the ships be unmanned, and would have removed the plot hole of how did they feed those hundreds of thousands of troopers, technicians, officers, etc... for all those years.

Your spoiler tag info is a good example to of what my friend and who he went with spoke about. I can't tell you how many moments he spoke about that referred to an EU books, video game, and other Star Wars materials. I don't know who knew all of this stuff but it sounds like a lot of deep cuts. Charlie from Emergency Awesome spoke to that as well. Big Star Wars fans, not just your movie fans, but your deep cut crowd is going to eat this up in time. One last comment from my friend's review. He said that once everyone gets the TLJ feelings out of their system, this movie will be remembered much better by Star Wars fans. I think I'm going to agree with that and hopefully won't change my mind after watching it. I think most of us have a different filter due to the compounded effects of the prequels, TFA, and TLJ. There hasn't been very many bright spots in the Star Wars franchise since the originals and TLJ really sent people off the edge.