Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
George Lucas, for all the crap that he got for the prequels... the man was/is a creative genius and was the heart of Star Wars. He really is the hero we need when you look at the big picture of everything to do with this franchise.

...put it this way about this film:

I was finishing character's lines during key moments. A COUPLE OF TIMES, NOT JUST ONCE.

So yes, it's highly predictable too on top of being awful.

This is what happens when you take such an iconic fixture and put it in so many wrong hands.

One HUGE praise though: John Williams is still the man. His use of Wagnerian leitmotifs peppered throughout the film is spot on as usual.

Oh no, this disappointment in the present will NOT allow George Lucas to be looked at in a favorable light.

Lest ye forget the Ewoks, Jar Jar, and Midichlorians.

The reason the original trilogy was a success was because Lucas did NOT have free reign. His ideals for a space spaghetti western were, in truth, the basis of the success. But in the OT he was surrounded by other good people, enough that the GOOD ideas remained and the retarded ones were mostly filtered out.

You can see his slow, creeping increased influence in Return of the Jedi, because his desire to sell toys to kids and make all the monies ALMOST ruined it. Then in the new trilogy "it's like poetry" and holy shit Lucas is a complete fucking hack when no one is strong enough to just say "yeah, this whole midichlorian thing is pretty stupid, George, maybe leave that out. Also, that line about sand, yeah maybe spruce that relationship talk up a little. Have you ever actually talked to girl?"

And, as far as my 50 year old brain is concerned, this (hopefully) last official trilogy is irrelevant and not really even part of the conversation. It is happening...over there. Outside of the sphere that is the Star Wars of the 70's and 80's. They did what they did with it, they did not get any of my money, I am over it.

Edit - mostly. With therapy. And drugs.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Oh no, this disappointment in the present will NOT allow George Lucas to be looked at in a favorable light.

Lest ye forget the Ewoks, Jar Jar, and Midichlorians.

The reason the original trilogy was a success was because Lucas did NOT have free reign. His ideals for a space spaghetti western were, in truth, the basis of the success. But in the OT he was surrounded by other good people, enough that the GOOD ideas remained and the retarded ones were mostly filtered out.

You can see his slow, creeping increased influence in Return of the Jedi, because his desire to sell toys to kids and make all the monies ALMOST ruined it. Then in the new trilogy "it's like poetry" and holy shit Lucas is a complete fucking hack when no one is strong enough to just say "yeah, this whole midichlorian thing is pretty stupid, George, maybe leave that out. Also, that line about sand, yeah maybe spruce that relationship talk up a little. Have you ever actually talked to girl?"

And, as far as my 50 year old brain is concerned, this (hopefully) last official trilogy is irrelevant and not really even part of the conversation. It is happening...over there. Outside of the sphere that is the Star Wars of the 70's and 80's. They did what they did with it, they did not get any of my money, I am over it.

Edit - mostly. With therapy. And drugs.

Truth. Lucas is a nutjob.

I was watching a video last night explaining that he had creative input, but Disney had no obligation to take his ideas and run with them. He dished out a ton of stuff but apparently they went with next to nothing. At first I thought that was cold-blooded, but then the narrator started to explain.

Basically, Lucas wanted to tap back into the easter egg of the midochlorians and that they were some kind of connection between the Jedi/Sith/people and some "Force gods". Essentially, Jedi/Sith were acolytes of these greater beings that fought for control of the universe. The Force was apparently not a way of universal nature, but a super power being manipulated by cosmic douchebags.

• 2Cringe
  • 2Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Truth. Lucas is a nutjob.

I was watching a video last night explaining that he had creative input, but Disney had no obligation to take his ideas and run with them. He dished out a ton of stuff but apparently they went with next to nothing. At first I thought that was cold-blooded, but then the narrator started to explain.

Basically, Lucas wanted to tap back into the easter egg of the midochlorians and that they were some kind of connection between the Jedi/Sith/people and some "Force gods". Essentially, Jedi/Sith were acolytes of these greater beings that fought for control of the universe. The Force was apparently not a way of universal nature, but a super power being manipulated by cosmic douchebags.

Except the force gods are not only real but they're still canon, being featured in both Clone Wars AND Rebels.

• 2Like
  • 1Direct to DVD
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
How does this compare to the Ewok movies?

God damnit you mother fuckers are gonna give me an aneurism with all this shit talking about cinema masterpieces, next thing you're gonna say Promethius was bad.

• 1Worf
  • 1Rimshot
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The new Star Wars movies (Solo, IX) are easily the highest profile case of 'get woke, go broke' to date. Hopefully studios take notice that women just don’t give a fuck about traditionally masculine IPs and stop messing around with them to try and expand the customer base. Sometimes when you try to appeal to everybody, you appeal to nobody. Black Panther showed just how effective targeted appeal can be, and blacks are a fall smaller population group than LITERALLY ALL MEN.

It’s a shame it had to be Star Wars that brought this into focus, but I think it might be worth it in the end.
Hah, you vastly underestimate their ability to shove their head up their ass and not listen

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I'm speaking after him because I asked the same questions.

For folks wanting some fan service from past Jedi's.. you got it.
Snoke answers..... You got it (the answer was forced and not what we wanted thanks to Rian Johnson but you got one nevertheless)
Several nods to the EU, video games, and other materials.
Expanded force powers (some shown in Mandalorian)
Finn story slightly improved
Poe story improved
Unliked characters moved to the background.
Luke / Leia characters much more respectable

Just some things he mentioned that I can remember.
So retarded inbred fanboys who will chug their dick of choice till the day they die not matter how much aids and hep c infested cum they swallow.

• 1Solidarity

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
In their defense, and maybe even my own, I don't think people want to walk away without some hope that Star Wars will go back in the right direction. It seems only natural after TLJ that after experiencing Galaxy's Edge, The Mandalorian, confirmation of Obi-wan series, the involvement of Kevin Feige, a decent Star Wars game, and now TRofS, that Disney is at least trying to make some good out of the franchise.

That's simply my opinion but again I haven't seen the movie yet but just trying to filter in some info as it comes to me and hoping to help people that may be like me as they prepare themselves to go see the movie.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Maybe the only way to properly enjoy this movie in theaters is watching it while wearing a Star Trek uniform. You can harness the hate and let it flow through you and all that other jazz.
one of the Dude Rules used to be, you NEVER go to a concert with a T-shirt of the band that you are going to see. its one of the unforgivable sins that can get your dude card ripped right up. so seeing Star Wars in a Star Trek outfit earns you points. otherwise wearing Star Wars merch to a Star Wars film just makes you a poseur faggot.

• 1Seriously?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
one of the Dude Rules used to be, you NEVER go to a concert with a T-shirt of the band that you are going to see. its one of the unforgivable sins that can get your dude card ripped right up. so seeing Star Wars in a Star Trek outfit earns you points. otherwise wearing Star Wars merch to a Star Wars film just makes you a poseur faggot.
I have never heard that rule, but then again I have only attended 4 concerts as a fan and I do not own, nor have I ever owned a Band T-Shirt. I worked security for concerts in the summers during college. I saw every major act (a lot of minor ones too) that came through Seattle between 1994-1999. I saw thousands of hardcore fans wearing the T-Shirts of the Band at concerts. No way they could have all been non-dude losers. Where the fuck did you grow up that that was a rule?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

Why didn't they call the Sith Planet Korriban?

Serious question.
Lucas himself changed the name to Moraband for some fucking reason.

The planet Moraband was first mentioned in "Destiny," an episode in the sixth season of the animated television series Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and made its first appearance in the following episode, "Sacrifice." Moraband was heavily based on the Star Wars Legends world Korriban,[11] which first appeared in the 1994 comic book Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith 2: The Quest for the Sith.[12] During the production of "Sacrifice," The Clone Wars team initially called the planet Korriban, but George Lucas preferred the name Moraband. The name was changed to reflect his wishes.[11]

its this kind of shit, where its obvious Lucas has lost it.
It was called Korriban for 20 years. Lucas presumably just couldn't stand someone coming up with better stuff them himself, so made up a retarded name to make them use instead.

• 1WTF

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I have never heard that rule, but then again I have only attended 4 concerts as a fan and I do not own, nor have I ever owned a Band T-Shirt. I worked security for concerts in the summers during college. I saw every major act (a lot of minor ones too) that came through Seattle between 1994-1999. I saw thousands of hardcore fans wearing the T-Shirts of the Band at concerts. No way they could have all been non-dude losers. Where the fuck did you grow up that that was a rule?

The only version of the rule I heard was wearing a shirt you bought at the concert.

Wearing a previous tours band shirt was fine.

• 2Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why didn't they call the Sith Planet Korriban?

Serious question.

These are the same fucks who called slicers "codebreakers", and literally think every Jedi hero should spend their youths growing up on fringe desert worlds.

• 1Worf

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just want to know what the projections are going to be in relation to Last Jedi or even TFA. I see almost no chance it doesn't make at least a billion, but if it somehow came in under Last Jedi that would be great.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The only version of the rule I heard was wearing a shirt you bought at the concert.

Wearing a previous tours band shirt was fine.
you can buy a band shirt at the concert but you cant wear it. but seriously back in the day , im not talking about now, but back in the geezer days you wore a generic T shirt or you wore a different band t shirt to the band you were going to see. i will say this, there is an exception, if you wore a band shirt that has the band you are going to see, it has to be a fucked up shirt. all faded, dirty and full of holes.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
you can buy a band shirt at the concert but you cant wear it. but seriously back in the day , im not talking about now, but back in the geezer days you wore a generic T shirt or you wore a different band t shirt to the band you were going to see. i will say this, there is an exception, if you wore a band shirt that has the band you are going to see, it has to be a fucked up shirt. all faded, dirty and full of holes.
Keep moving those Goal Posts Chuk.

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't see why my man card would get ripped up for wearing my ABBA v-neck to an ABBA concert.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity