<Gold Donor>
No desire to see this. Hell I might not even watch it on Cable TV

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 7 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Normally, it really irks me when you fgt's start rating movies that haven't even come out yet, but in this case I will look the other way. Bomb away.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

Siliconemelons

Finn and Poe are gay!

No, they are jsut bros, why cant bros just be bro

JK TEHY GAY AF

• 1Worf
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Normally, it really irks me when you fgt's start rating movies that haven't even come out yet, but in this case I will look the other way. Bomb away.

In zero gravity even....

• 6Worf
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 6 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Our bomb ratings have shit magnets and are naturally attracted to a franchise so devastated that there is no Disney deflector shield for when the internet comments arrive.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
In canon those bombs were magnetically driven from the bay, but its easier to just keep hating on the whole thing probably.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
In canon those bombs were magnetically driven from the bay, but its easier to just keep hating on the whole thing probably.

Watch the movie.. they literally had to be over the bomb site bc the bombs "fell" out of the ship, from space. LOL. They were space bombers! Instead of it being, you know, a missile.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
The magnetic thing makes even less sense.

They either made the shittiest railgun possible or the writers kinda forgot how gravity works. No way to fix that one. To make it worse, as a story component the entire scene is counter productive.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I mean, the bombs may have been propelled out by some mechanism. Personally I was more annoyed by the fact that the bombers moved slowly towards their target. WHY???!?!

• 3Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Even the writers for the 90s video games knew that the missiles/bombs should be launched forward since the velocity of the ship itself would be added.

• 3Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Even the writers for the 90s video games knew that the missiles/bombs should be launched forward since the velocity of the ship itself would be added.
That makes no sense in this case imo. If the projectiles are launched forward, some kinetic energy is added to them in order to give them speed greater than the ships. Otherwise, the projectiles would not leave the ship because they are moving at the same speed aka remain inside. That same kinetic energy can be directed downwards in order to direct the bombs in the same manner as seen in the retarded-fucking-garbage fire-trash-homosexual-blue hair-cunt of a movie.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I optimistically rated this 1/5, but don't really think its going to be worth it.

• 1Mother of God

iannis

Musty Nester
I wonder how they'll pump the profits.

The movie won't lose money, but I expect them to claim a record profit from it. Which will be a lie.

That's the most interesting think about star wars, how Disney will sell fraud to their stockholders.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
The bombs fit fine with the way space ship combat always worked and still works in star wars, which is mostly early 20th century aerial dog fights over big naval ships (i.e. Star Wars big ships).

The bombs are no more or less "realistic" than any given X-Wing turn or TIE-Fighter "screaming" past them or the Millenium Falcon dodging laser weapons firing at, at best, the velocity of WW1 tracers or something, in literally all Star Wars movies, novels, animated, comics, games, whatever at any point between 1977 and today.

Last edited:

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
The bombs fit fine with the way space ship combat always worked and still works in star wars, which is mostly early 20th century aerial dog fights over big naval ships (i.e. Star Wars big ships).

The bombs are no more or less "realistic" than any given X-Wing turn or TIE-Fighter "screaming" past them or the Millenium Falcon dodging laser weapons firing at, at best, the velocity of WW1 tracers or something, in literally all Star Wars movies, novels, animated, comics, games, whatever at any point between 1977 and today.

Found the nerd who can't let the worst movie ever made have scientific flaws :) Kidding man.

I mean, the bombs may have been propelled out by some mechanism. Personally I was more annoyed by the fact that the bombers moved slowly towards their target. WHY???!?!

Exactly!! Let's make a slow moving SPACE vehicle that has to be in close proximity to giant ships with HUGE lasers on them to DROP bombs on the target. It's honestly the stupidest thing ever made. Well, then they had a purple haired commander, mary poppins space magic Leia, and somehow they engineered that entire sequence with (I think it was Fin and Rose? I can't even remember) that was 1/3 of the movie and had no consequence on plot, and they let Daisy Ridley get chubby. It's like they truly tried to make the stupidest movie ever.

• 3Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande

Suspension of disbelief.

If every Sci-fi ever has things akin to conventional projectiles then you accept that's how it would work, even if space combat has never been done so we can only speculate how it would work.

Even EVE Online which has near instant hit railguns and lasers as options also has slower moving missiles/torpedoes. Star Trek doesn't have railguns but it does have lasers used alongside slower torpedoes.

Did the original Star Wars even have lasers on the ships? They seemed like plasma projectiles.

Literally no Sci-fi I can think of has fucking bombs you drop. Because it's stupid, there's not enough gravity for them. Magnets? They solved that in WW2 by degaussing the hulls of ships to make them not be magnetic so they didn't attract magnetic mines.

If they wanted to make WW2 analogies then they should have gone for submarines firing torpedoes as inspiration. Make them be weakly shielded, poor manuverability long range weapons which are at risk only because The New Order warped in right next to them which they are not designed for.

Fire the torpedoes FORWARDS and have the Dreadnaught be able to take a bunch of hits from them, hence needing to defend them for a prolonged period of time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users