Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Oh you thought I was a man? The greatest trick the Thrawn ever pulled....

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Or they'll retcon it so that Chiss don't have genders in the first place, and the only reason xhe let everyone call xhim Sir is because xhe didn't want to explode their tiny little transphobic minds.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well Kennedy was 100% dead set against Thrawn even showing up in Rebels and they wrote him into a big ? as to his continuity between the OG and 7-9.

Who knows if she and her band of ideological misfits had plans. They don't seem like the type who think stuff out ahead of time though.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So Thrawn has been beyond the Outer Rim since the war doing whatever. Comes back to the First Order or whatever it's called and it's an absolute shit show with a trash tier Vader leading the charge.

We going to bring the crazy clone Jorus C'Baoth off of ice too?

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Putting Thrawn in episode 9 would be retarded. It makes no sense and it also puts a heavy risk of destroying yet another quality character. Splitting 9 into 2 movies would also just be admitting defeat by telling us all that TLJ was so bad they had to extend the planned trilogy to attempt to save the storyline.

TLJ had absolutely 0 fan service. In my opinion, they went out of their way to give every fan of Star Wars the giant middle finger in that movie. It seems JJ understands that to some extent, but now he's going way overboard trying to "add" fan service to episode 9. "Who can we bring back. Lando? Ok, who else, Thrawn? Does that make sense? No? Whatever throw him in. Who else can we get? Can we resurrect Boba Fett? How about we add all the Jedi ghosts, let's get Qui'Gon & Obi and Yoda. What about Mace Windu, what happened to him? Let's get Samuel L. Jackson on the phone..."

They already made their bed with TLJ, and showing us exactly how they feel about the original characters. Sorry, but you're going to have to carry episode 9 with your episode 7 & 8 "heroes", and add in new characters in episode 9 to continue the story. You can't depend on beloved characters to save you when you've already tossed the majority of them away in your previous movies. Don't know how to do that? Well, figure it out, that's you're job. I don't know how you'll do it either, and quite frankly, I don't think it's possible. Prove me wrong though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Well Kennedy was 100% dead set against Thrawn even showing up in Rebels and they wrote him into a big ? as to his continuity between the OG and 7-9.

Who knows if she and her band of ideological misfits had plans. They don't seem like the type who think stuff out ahead of time though.
what is that bitches problem w/ Thrawn? i only know him from the comics
Star Wars: Thrawn (Star Wars: Thrawn (2018))

The kicker is, it's written by a chick, who is writing for the fat chick super hero

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Putting Thrawn in episode 9 would be retarded. It makes no sense and it also puts a heavy risk of destroying yet another quality character. Splitting 9 into 2 movies would also just be admitting defeat by telling us all that TLJ was so bad they had to extend the planned trilogy to attempt to save the storyline.

TLJ had absolutely 0 fan service. In my opinion, they went out of their way to give every fan of Star Wars the giant middle finger in that movie. It seems JJ understands that to some extent, but now he's going way overboard trying to "add" fan service to episode 9. "Who can we bring back. Lando? Ok, who else, Thrawn? Does that make sense? No? Whatever throw him in. Who else can we get? Can we resurrect Boba Fett? How about we add all the Jedi ghosts, let's get Qui'Gon & Obi and Yoda. What about Mace Windu, what happened to him? Let's get Samuel L. Jackson on the phone..."

They already made their bed with TLJ, and showing us exactly how they feel about the original characters. Sorry, but you're going to have to carry episode 9 with your episode 7 & 8 "heroes", and add in new characters in episode 9 to continue the story. You can't depend on beloved characters to save you when you've already tossed the majority of them away in your previous movies. Don't know how to do that? Well, figure it out, that's you're job. I don't know how you'll do it either, and quite frankly, I don't think it's possible. Prove me wrong though.

If it wasn't for release date deadlines, they could have created characters through the Solo trilogy maybe.

I agree with you 100% about risking IPs such as Thrawn that may be tapped later.

TLJ hurt so bad, but Star Wars isn't as "fuck this" as the Hobbit.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I still want to know how all of them, JJ included, watched the first final screen of TLJ and went, "God damn this is good!"

Fadaar

That guy
Thrawn would just be another retread of the Empire/First Order at this point. They lost their chance at using him properly when they decided to not do it in episode 7.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I still want to know how all of them, JJ included, watched the first final screen of TLJ and went, "God damn this is good!"
because the corporate opinion is that its damned good, these guys are playing ball, shit if i worked for disney i would do the same and then laugh all the way to the bank. goddamn manbabies with your nerd rage. you think this is your franchise? bitch, Mickey Mouse tells you what to think. now where's my check?

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
So it's February and still no title or teaser. Not that they need it, but i'm pretty surprised.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Disney earnings call today which in last years has revealed some good info. Coupled with a “somethings coming soon” tweet from Anthony Daniels yesterday, might be a title drop today.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This could be called "The greatest Star Wars movie of all time" and I am still not going to watch it in a theater.

• 6Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I won't even bootleg this trash.

You have battered woman's syndrome if you go see this.

• 6Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If I see it it will just to see how they can fuck it up some more. I saw the last jedi with that mind set and boy did they deliver. Han Solo was first star wars movie I didn't see. Episode 9 is probably the last star wars movie I will ever see in a movie theater.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm a simple man. I see a Star Wars thread bumped, I cringe.

Hard.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i'll definitely bootleg it, but it may be months after release and i'm so bored that i slap it on for the lulz.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Mark Hamill has shot extensively for Episode 9 (extensively with respect to how underused he was in 7 and 8). His relationship with Fallout Boy is being featured as more of an arc this time, a step up from the cheap cringe montage we got in Episode 8. Mark's shot a lot of dialogue, and I expect a good amount of quality character building for Skywalker and Ben Solo as a result of these shoots.

I don't know how much will make it into the movie. There are a bunch of new characters and they still need to keep Finn and Rey front and center. But at the very least, Luke will get his proper sendoff-- albeit from the grave.

Better than nothing.