Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Solo made cannon that a sith isn't dead after being cut in half so I'd say anything is possible with regards to Snoke. I agree with most of the rest of you though, what's the motivation for anything going forward and who exactly are we supposed to be cheering for?
Even in 2005 they had retconned Maul's death Star Wars: Visionaries - Wikipedia and then they adapted the survival into actual canon by 2011 for the Clone Wars. Why does everyone act like Solo is the one responsible for this?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Even in 2005 they had retconned Maul's death Star Wars: Visionaries - Wikipedia and then they adapted the survival into actual canon by 2011 for the Clone Wars. Why does everyone act like Solo is the one responsible for this?

Once Mother Talzin got rid of those dumbass junk legs, the Maul/Savage story arc was actually pretty good, especially the way it ended with big daddy reminding him just exactly who is top dog. I haven't seen Solo yet (nor do I plan to), but Maul being in it seems just one more dumbass thing about the movie because I don't see how that could possibly make any sense. The Empire/Inquisitors would hunt him down maybe even more aggressively than they'd hunt down surviving Jedi because he's potentially far more dangerous.

Solo made cannon that a sith isn't dead after being cut in half so I'd say anything is possible with regards to Snoke. I agree with most of the rest of you though, what's the motivation for anything going forward and who exactly are we supposed to be cheering for?

Anakin survived after having 1/3rd of his body cut off and being engulfed in flame from being too close to a magma flow. Maul surviving really isn't that much more of a stretch.

Malakriss

But Maul fell how who knows how many feet into a reactor or something.
In RotJ we see the emperor die in an explosion from the shaft. In TPM no such explosion occurred. Hence, wave your magic force hands and he survived somehow. Only the half that had hands, of course.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
In RotJ we see the emperor die in an explosion from the shaft. In TPM no such explosion occurred. Hence, wave your magic force hands and he survived somehow. Only the half that had hands, of course.
Well usually when characters mysteriously show back up from circumstances which any non-retarded person would understand they died in, its considered bad movie making force or no force powers.

No amount of retconning(especially with overrated characters like Maul) can save this pile of shit.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well, clearly the bottom half walked out, having no arms and such.
i think both sections would have serious problems after being separated from each other. at least Vader still had a digestive system and got immediate medical care from Palpy.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jesus Christ are you guys really nitpicking what an ALIEN who can use MAGIC is capable of surviving?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So that's it then. Thrawn casted.

RICHARD-E-GRANT-998547.jpg

He liked this image that was tweeted out, as in personally clicked LIKE on a speculation thread re: if he is actually Thrawn. The actor himself.

RICHARD-E-GRANT-1445934.jpg

Gonna need that 2 movie split on Episode 9 now.

This is gonna rock?

• 1Picard

Merrith

Nice pull Chuk.

I hope Thrawn isn't in IX. Because they will fuck him up.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Nice pull Chuk.

I hope Thrawn isn't in IX. Because they will fuck him up.

I think that's the point of these movies.

Even if JJ gets his two movie split approved by Kathleen, it's unlikely to do justice to the character.

I think if the split is turned down they write "Thrawn" out regardless if the actor stays he will just be renamed.

JJ said he's going for fanfare this week so we're 95% on Thrawn at this point both the JJ interview and the tweet are within a day of each other.

It's to create a buzz.

Merrith

I think that's the point of these movies.

Even if JJ gets his two movie split approved by Kathleen, it's unlikely to do justice to the character.

I think if the split is turned down they write "Thrawn" out regardless if the actor stays he will just be renamed.

JJ said he's going for fanfare this week so we're 95% on Thrawn at this point both the JJ interview and the tweet are within a day of each other.

It's to create a buzz.

In JJ we trust I guess...but TLJ was just too terrible for him to fix everything. Maybe if Thrawn is fantastic, it can make a decent IX but it won't save the overall trilogy with all the shit they've done poorly with the rest of the main cast.