Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Siliconemelons

Okay, I will give the lightsaber color thing some merit, as I "think" I remember some old EU thing where all kyber crystals were clear and once you took it at attuned it to "you"/"the force" is when it got its color and that's why bad dudes were all red, and also why luke's made saber was green not blue.

Also I kinda like that better than, its just whatever crystal you go snag..but all the bad guys shop at hot topic so they get red ones

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Okay, I will give the lightsaber color thing some merit, as I "think" I remember some old EU thing where all kyber crystals were clear and once you took it at attuned it to "you"/"the force" is when it got its color and that's why bad dudes were all red, and also why luke's made saber was green not blue.

Also I kinda like that better than, its just whatever crystal you go snag..but all the bad guys shop at hot topic so they get red ones

That has something to do with synthetic crystals.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
if i remember correctly, and if i DO, it was from the old books, which are no longer cannon, so whatever...

but there were all kinds of colored crystals, but jedi predominantly got theirs from one singular planet that only produced blue and green sabers. sith, on the other hand had to make synthetic crystals, i think, because where they were located there was no real access to saber crystals. the synthetic crystals are all red.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’d rather donate to Pantheon than watch this.

• 5Worf
  • 2Mother of God
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
if i remember correctly, and if i DO, it was from the old books, which are no longer cannon, so whatever...

but there were all kinds of colored crystals, but jedi predominantly got theirs from one singular planet that only produced blue and green sabers. sith, on the other hand had to make synthetic crystals, i think, because where they were located there was no real access to saber crystals. the synthetic crystals are all red.

Luke's synthetic crystal was green.

j00t

Luke's synthetic crystal was green.
i don't remember anywhere saying that luke had a synthetic crystal, what's the from? i'm not doubting you i just haven't heard it. regardless of that though, the sith crystals being red were specifically because they were synthetic. it always came across to me that they didn't choose the color, it was just a byproduct of having to use synthetic crystals

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
In the recent Vader comics that take place right after episode 3 the crystals color is due to the wielder

Vader gets the crystal for his new sith lightsaber by killing a jedi, taking his crystal and corrupting it which turns it red"

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i don't remember anywhere saying that luke had a synthetic crystal, what's the from? i'm not doubting you i just haven't heard it. regardless of that though, the sith crystals being red were specifically because they were synthetic. it always came across to me that they didn't choose the color, it was just a byproduct of having to use synthetic crystals

Well if you think about it logically, when would Luke have ever had a chance to find a natural kyber crystal when the Empire had A) spent decades cracking down on the trade of kyber crystals and B) used a vast supply of them building two Death Stars. It's laid out in Shadows of the Empire how he synthesized his own crystal.

That being said, Shadows of the Empire is no longer canon and there are vague references in the new canon to the idea that he simply salvaged a kyber crystal from a lightsaber he discovered, either Qui-gon's crystal from amongst Obi-Wan's possessions left behind on Tattooine (Ep 6 junior novelization), or from a dead Rodian Jedi named Huulik (Heir to the Jedi).

In the recent Vader comics that take place right after episode 3 the crystals color is due to the wielder

Vader gets the crystal for his new sith lightsaber by killing a jedi, taking his crystal and corrupting it which turns it red"

How recent? Cause 2014 is the canon/legends cutoff.

j00t

Well if you think about it logically, when would Luke have ever had a chance to find a natural kyber crystal when the Empire had A) spent decades cracking down on the trade of kyber crystals and B) used a vast supply of them building two Death Stars. It's laid out in Shadows of the Empire how he synthesized his own crystal.

That being said, Shadows of the Empire is no longer canon and there are vague references in the new canon to the idea that he simply salvaged a kyber crystal from a lightsaber he discovered, either Qui-gon's crystal from amongst Obi-Wan's possessions left behind on Tattooine (Ep 6 junior novelization), or from a dead Rodian Jedi named Huulik (Heir to the Jedi).

well, you're not wrong in that assessment... but on the other hand, how do you even synthesize a kyber crystal? i can guarantee you that's not common knowledge for a backwater moisture farmer... and if the empire is locking down trade on crystals, i can only assume they'd lock down knowledge on how to synthesize them as well. but if shadows of the empire said he synthesized it, then i guess that's what he did.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
well, you're not wrong in that assessment... but on the other hand, how do you even synthesize a kyber crystal? i can guarantee you that's not common knowledge for a backwater moisture farmer... and if the empire is locking down trade on crystals, i can only assume they'd lock down knowledge on how to synthesize them as well. but if shadows of the empire said he synthesized it, then i guess that's what he did.

Obi-Wan had the knowledge and equipment he needed among his possessions on Tattooine. The Ep 6 junior novelization mentions it too but simplifies it down to Obi-Wan having everything he needed including a spare crystal.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>

Within the last 3 years. Definitely after the Disney purchase.

• 1Worf

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole

Yeah the comic run started in like 2017 or 2018, so very recent.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

f01n4.jpg

where did he buy his crystals from?