Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So George Lucas, the man that most recently was responsible for the SW prequels, is now being put in charge of saving this colossal cluster fuck of a Frankenstein’s dumpster fire of a movie?

Color me hyped!

The irony being that if the leaks are to be trusted, the Lucas cut was actually decently well received.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
The irony being that if the leaks are to be trusted, the Lucas cut was actually decently well received.

You’re right and I would gladly eat all the crow in the world to be wrong and have a great finale but I’m not even sure that’s possible.

Leah flew through space like Mary Fucking Poppins. Our main baddy is Kylo Ren. There are horses on a Star Destroyer.

This is gonna rock!

• 3Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
have a great finale but I’m not even sure that’s possible.
!
Not possible, only conceivable way to get something not atrocious would be to go with the old idea of 8 was a shitty force vision of what not to do and write it all off... even then would still be a dumpster fire.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
All they could really do is reboot the trilogy in the final movie.

The story that they've told so far is beyond salvage. Rey and Kylo dream-skyping each other -was- probably the most interesting part of TLJ. It may have been the only interesting part. It's the only part that I can remember without resorting to immediate mockery at least. You could build a movie around that, and it could be a decent movie worth watching. But c'mon, Disney isn't going to do that and they haven't done that.

The second one ruined all the storylines, it really did. Do you care about the Fin or the fat asian at this point? Or the pilot that did a prank call to the star destroyer? Or good lord, the charicature of a nazi who TOOK the prank call? I don't. I really don't.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
All they could really do is reboot the trilogy in the final movie.

The story that they've told so far is beyond salvage. Rey and Kylo dream-skyping each other -was- probably the most interesting part of TLJ. It may have been the only interesting part. It's the only part that I can remember without resorting to immediate mockery at least. You could build a movie around that, and it could be a decent movie worth watching. But c'mon, Disney isn't going to do that and they haven't done that.

The second one ruined all the storylines, it really did. Do you care about the Fin or the fat asian at this point? Or the pilot that did a prank call to the star destroyer? Or good lord, the charicature of a nazi who TOOK the prank call? I don't. I really don't.

Remember Laura Dern’s character? You know...ole Admiral Whazzername.

Completely forgettable.

Now I’m getting angry.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Remember Laura Dern’s character? You know...ole Admiral Whazzername.

Completely forgettable.

Now I’m getting angry.

All the characters sucked. SNOKE the bad guy had no back story or anything. Who the fuck names a bad guy SNOKE? Snoke sounds like a sex toy midgets use, not an ominous being. I can't remember any of the character's names except Rey and Rose Tico. I only remember Rose Tico's name because she has the world's most punchable face.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yeah, I can't think of a single likable character from TFA or TLJ. Every one of them was annoying, poorly written, over the top, or phoned in. Poe is probably the best of the bunch, but he was underused. Rey could have been an interesting character if she wasn't a Mary Sue and showed some sort of character growth that didn't involve the force.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I liked that one red headed general dude, I thoght he played a good part. Never liked the over the top pilot dude, didnt like the fat asian chick, the black dude is OK I guess but still over the top. The most liked for me was Del toro in that little cameo he had. lol.

Even Kylo is fucking gumpy looking and kinda forgettable as a bad guy. They could not get anyone else to play that part? He jsut seemed like a whiny ass spoiled kid, not as a powerful sith in the making.

I liked Ray though. Even though it felt odd how quickly she became this powerhouse without any training at all. Like the scene where shes using jedi mind tricks on troopers while shes locked up. I was like WTF is this shit? Then she proceeds to kick Kylos ass, who is almost a sith lord, like hes a nobody while first time holding a light saber? GTFO with this shit...

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
TFA wasn't bad, it played it too safe maybe by following ANH to closely. But it had introduced characters that could have gone somewhere, and left many threads open to follow up on.

TLJ shit on every character, and every thread that was left open. It made TFA worse because everything TFA tried to do went nowhere, both as far as characters and story went. It also put this movie in a terrible corner.

It's sad, I honestly think TFA had set up interesting things that if followed properly would have made it even better.

They need to end this saga. Star Wars is still a rich universe and there's room to do something with it...but need new people in charge of the movies...and just leave this era for good. Go back to Old Republic, or just forward in time so you can set up something new. Stop trying to connect everything to the original trilogy.

• 4Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I liked that one red headed general dude, I thoght he played a good part. Never liked the over the top pilot dude, didnt like the fat asian chick, the black dude is OK I guess but still over the top. The most liked for me was Del toro in that little cameo he had. lol.

Even Kylo is fucking gumpy looking and kinda forgettable as a bad guy. They could not get anyone else to play that part? He jsut seemed like a whiny ass spoiled kid, not as a powerful sith in the making.

I liked Ray though. Even though it felt odd how quickly she became this powerhouse without any training at all. Like the scene where shes using jedi mind tricks on troopers while shes locked up. I was like WTF is this shit? Then she proceeds to kick Kylos ass, who is almost a sith lord, like hes a nobody while first time holding a light saber? GTFO with this shit...

Kylo Ren is just lame. Can someone tell me exactly what his motives are? For anything? Be bad because Jedi tried to kill me. Ok... Kill Republic because why not?

Emulate Vader by wearing an outfit and run around doing what he perceived Vader used to do. Only without any guidance to it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just catching up on a little housekeeping from the Austin film festival--

Legendary Star Wars writer Lawrence Kasdan (see: co-writer of The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi) is done with the Star Wars brand. He has announced that he wants nothing to do with it.

Disney had chased him after Solo released, they had sent him a private courier carrying a script for a new Star Wars project. Bondurant Bondurant

He sent the messenger away without meeting him or accepting the script delivery from him.

1573978761230.png

He cites both Disney and LucasFilm as ruining the Solo movie. The messenger wasn't even allowed in his presence.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
I imagine once this shit show is done, and people are writing up a "recommended" viewing order for the all the films, they will leave out TLJ completely, similar to how you can just leave out Episode 1 completely. Now the correct answer would be to just omit all three of these new ones, but I suppose if they somehow make a watchable IX , someone could fan fiction a connective gap filler between VII and IX which is solely on Rey and Luke training.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There are people that rank TLJ the best of all the moves. Some of them are relatively prominent youtubers. Prominent, as in reviewing Star Wars movies. This one is almost up to 500k subs.

If you have a few hours to waste going down a rabbit hole, EFAP reviewed her Joker review.

• 4Barf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I’ve been subbed to her for a while and not quite sure that list is serious.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
There are people that rank TLJ the best of all the moves. Some of them are relatively prominent youtubers. Prominent, as in reviewing Star Wars movies. This one is almost up to 500k subs.

If you have a few hours to waste going down a rabbit hole, EFAP reviewed her Joker review.
Seriously, Phantom Menace is like the 4th best one, sadly. I'd watch it *plug ears when Jar Jar is on screen* over any other after RotJ.

• 3Garbage
  • 1Barf

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I’ve been subbed to her for a while and not quite sure that list is serious.
I use to watch a few of her videos too but then I just kinda forgot about her. No real reason, just wasn't compelling enough to sub. EFAP picked apart her Joker review, ~4 hours for a 30m review, which is excessive even for them. They can be quite nitpicky, but Jenny seemed quite dumb to the point of purposeful in the Joker review. She seemed nothing like she was originally.

So, idk. It's a good troll if so. But look at the responses. Lots of people agreeing with her.

Mudcrush Durtfeet Mudcrush Durtfeet All Star Wars films outside of the originals are mediocre at best. The real tragedy is how much attention they still manage to garner.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

i woulda thought she was trolling... but no

she's the one that brought everyones attention to "wheres rose tico"???

it's not a troll, womyn power has infested her brain.