Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

iannis

Musty Nester
Is it going to come to cable? Netflix stuff doesn't. So will Disney+ be both on streaming + cable?

My guess is it will go to whoever they can sell it to in order to get more money.

It might even wind up on netflix. I doubt it, seems like there would be conflicts there that egotistical corporate officers would not be willing to suffer... but money.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Premiered an hour ago.

Includes inside information from Doomcock's sources. He also addresses why he reports information from Doomcock-- for the skeptics here on FOH.

Right now as it stands, 3 separate cuts of the movie exist.

Details of the 3 existing cuts of Rise of Skywalker are included in this video.

One cut has been selected as of this date, but Iger and Disney are pissed about it. JJ is also unhappy as is Kathleen.

The Schadenfreude is strong with me.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm rewatching TFA because of Disney+.... Honestly I loved TFA despite Mary Sue, reboot, etc. However, it's almost amazing that literally every single thing that was remotely interesting that JJ Abrams setup, Johnson just shit all over. Like every single thing. Combine that with the stupidity of not keeping Leia dead when she was fucking dead in real life, it's so easy to see how Skywalker is going to be a huge, gigantic, steaming pile of shit.

He...subverted expectations by contradicting every plot thread.

Remember how the original defense was "oh that's the fans making up shit and feeling entitled to see it play out!"....

Yeah, they made that argument while also deeply sniffing their own farts and talking about how refreshing Johnson's subversion of expectation was. What EXPECTATION was he subverting you fucking cult-like dick wads.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
The Schadenfreude is strong with me.
Heh, the hack frauds suggested a questionnaire at ticket purchase, then directions to the cinema with the preselected major events, like chewbacca farting and shooting his crossbow. TMC, baby. 2m30s in if you're so inclined.

• 1Worf

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
1573598787899.png

• 11Like
  • 9Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 20 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
TFA was a carbon copy of ANH and Rey was as much a Mary sue in it as she was in TLJ. You guys are just so traumatized by how shitty TLJ is you think it looks good in comparison.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'll be damned. That stupid flip-saber they show Rey using in what we're all assuming is some kind of fakeout? That's not new, the temple guardian is using something very similar in Rebels when Ezra, Ahsoka, and Kanan return to the Jedi temple on Lothal. Except it didn't look retarded in Rebels and it looked absolutely terrible with Rey.

General Krell in Clone Wars had it first...

image_11bdacd8.jpeg

databank_generalpongkrell_01_169_92dfaeda.jpeg

iannis

Musty Nester
TFA was a carbon copy of ANH and Rey was as much a Mary sue in it as she was in TLJ. You guys are just so traumatized by how shitty TLJ is you think it looks good in comparison.

TFA wasn't great, but it was adequate. Even at the time that was a fairly popular opinion.

It was a nearly necessary reboot after the prequels. There were problems, the main one being that the good parts were just ANH reskinned. The new parts -- the whole Han Solo storyline was less than interesting (I think it's consistient, but that isn't the same thing as interesting or good), and the Giant Super Planet Sun Sucking DeathStar^2 was... childlishly bad... but it was also what Disney had to do. They didn't fuck up. It was better than the prequels. TFA wasn't great but it wasn't offensively bad.

With TLJ they fucked up. I didn't know it was possible for them to do it quite that badly. But after watching TLJ over the course of I think 3 days... yeah. Wow. And I was not looking to be enraged by it. I wanted it to be decent.

If TLJ had ended in the red room it would have been SO much better. It still would have been bad as written but it could have at least been interesting and salvagable. The shit with luke by itself still would have made it a bad addition. But god.. what was that giggling Yoda shit as the ancient Jedi texts burned besides DUMB. Not only did they greenlight that, they committed it to film.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
TFA wasn't bad for the first installment in years and what was great about it is how opened ended it was for the next movie. Sure it was very, very safe in terms of writing but you had endless possibilities with Rey, Kylo, Snoke, and you had several directions to take the old characters. The rumors are that Han wanted the death since Lucas didn't honor the request in the original trilogy so like it or hate it, I think that decision was in the hands of Harrison Ford but TFA would have been a much better movie if TLJ would have made it worth it. It's just unfortunate that Rian Johnson pretty well took a dump on all the possibilities and that is why I'm afraid for TRS. They're going to have to really stretch to make it enjoyable because they were left with nothing to work with. Snoke... didn't matter. Rey... is a nobody. Kylo... who knows his motives. Luke... depressed old man, now dead. Leia.. Marry Poppins which somewhat demeaned her character. I could go on and on.

Sterling

El Presidente
TFA wasn't bad for the first installment in years and what was great about it is how opened ended it was for the next movie. Sure it was very, very safe in terms of writing but you had endless possibilities with Rey, Kylo, Snoke, and you had several directions to take the old characters. The rumors are that Han wanted the death since Lucas didn't honor the request in the original trilogy so like it or hate it, I think that decision was in the hands of Harrison Ford but TFA would have been a much better movie if TLJ would have made it worth it. It's just unfortunate that Rian Johnson pretty well took a dump on all the possibilities and that is why I'm afraid for TRS. They're going to have to really stretch to make it enjoyable because they were left with nothing to work with. Snoke... didn't matter. Rey... is a nobody. Kylo... who knows his motives. Luke... depressed old man, now dead. Leia.. Marry Poppins which somewhat demeaned her character. I could go on and on.
But they saved the horses so it was all worth it. Maybe they're the same horses they use to charge on that Star Destroyer?!?!?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
But they saved the horses so it was all worth it. Maybe they're the same horses they use to charge on that Star Destroyer?!?!?
So that's who rescues the 6 rebels left? The horses! The minorities had a plan all along! That is fucking brilliant.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ep 9 could be an absolute trainwreck and Abrams would still end up being my hero if he showed Rose getting executed for treason.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Looks like the new game confirms that Starkiller Base was Ilum. Which is a nice nod to the overall continuity for the superfans and especially gamers, but would have been nice to at least briefly mention in the movie itself.

When did the 'Superlaser = kyber crystals' business start? It was a core plot element for Rogue One but was the notion present in the EU? It's a very poetic perversion of the core element of Jedi technology into something so evil.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
surprised this didn't catch your eye chuck, you watch more asian youtube than me
e1589b5afa47f3318c25e6b2c35182b9.jpg

does this mean, this warehouse has an aisle of oriental figurines?
only asian youtube i watch is the weirdo guy who makes knives out of rice and bread.

• 1Mother of God

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
So George Lucas, the man that most recently was responsible for the SW prequels, is now being put in charge of saving this colossal cluster fuck of a Frankenstein’s dumpster fire of a movie?

Color me hyped!

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users