StarCraft 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I mean it looks better, in the way that street fighter alpha 2 looks better than street fighter 2 champion edition.

maxresdefault.jpg
street-fighter-ii-championship-edition-14.jpg

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
...it's just less pixilated?

I thought it was going to be in 3D. Why...
It's pretty much impossible to recreate the gameplay in modern engine, since the bugs and glitches are as much a part of the balance as actual design decisions. I'm perfectly fine with playing a 2D RTS in 2017. Besides, it will run on a toaster.

Fish is in as a default option, nothing about ICCup. I wonder if it will still be mostly P2P or they will host the servers.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Tenks dumb question maybe you can't answer. But something like this coming about did you know for awhile or does the company mainly keep it need to know?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Tenks dumb question maybe you can't answer. But something like this coming about did you know for awhile or does the company mainly keep it need to know?

Yes it was common knowledge. Though I haven't been able to get my hands on the game yet. The announcement was communicated last week but we've had surveys and things go out on price-point and features for the game. I'll have to stay relatively quiet since I'm not sure what has been publically announced versus I just know.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yes it was common knowledge. Though I haven't been able to get my hands on the game yet. The announcement was communicated last week but we've had surveys and things go out on price-point and features for the game. I'll have to stay relatively quiet since I'm not sure what has been publically announced versus I just know.
It didn't come out of the blue even for the community, there has been talk and rumors about some sort of remaster for a year or so ? The only question was how they keep intact the gameplay or what would they change.

Any hints whether all the other expansion packs that came after BW will be remastered too ?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's pretty much impossible to recreate the gameplay in modern engine, since the bugs and glitches are as much a part of the balance as actual design decisions. I'm perfectly fine with playing a 2D RTS in 2017. Besides, it will run on a toaster.

Fish is in as a default option, nothing about ICCup. I wonder if it will still be mostly P2P or they will host the servers.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Hearthstone *should* run on a toaster, and it very fucking barely runs on my hp touchsmart tm2

I really don't mind it being 2D though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It didn't come out of the blue even for the community, there has been talk and rumors about some sort of remaster for a year or so ? The only question was how they keep intact the gameplay or what would they change.

Any hints whether all the other expansion packs that came after BW will be remastered too ?

You mean the mission packs? Blizzard didn't make those. I imagine pretty much everything is backwards compatible so if those maps just live as regular old SC maps played as a campaign they should function properly in HD as well.

And yeah it got leaked pretty early when Blizzard was polling the KR pro community about what they'd want from a SC:R. So once people started getting asked these questions and put 2+2 together it came out although never officially recognized by Blizzard.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
So, yeah, tried it out, it works, but legacy hotkeys suck a dick and on top there seem to be quite a few issues with lag and somehow mouse acceleration is back. Needs a bit more polish, but I would never think I'd play SC on UHD display.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Yea I'm hoping for them to enable remapping. I'm used to sc2's keybibds.

Worked good for me,can't wait for remaster!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
New co-op commander is Talandar. *yawn*

*edit*

I wanted Valerian. Battlecruisers are cool but Raynor has absolutely nothing to support them.