StarCraft 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'd say it goes on life support, as I'm not touching this game ever again after playing SC1 and the toxic environments that are the players that I was playing against. Add to that, people would tell you how to win. Not, "This strategy makes the most sense, and here's why..." but no, instead "Move certain units here, certain units here, and voila."

It just seemed too much like a great way to troll people into thinking that you had created one of the best games ever. Make it impossible to do unless you do exactly what they say to do, and profit off'a the bloody heads of gamers who continue to smash their heads against the wall. Meanwhile, a thirteen year old is laughing at you because he beat you in under two minutes.

Terrific gaming experience.
Did Starcraft kill your dog and shag your wife or something ?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol, that Goishen post is gold. But, he has a point in one regard.

Blizzard has gone out of it's way to limit or completely deny communication in it's games though. They are a bunch of cowards. They don't want to deal with the shit heads, the reports, and the customer service issues, so they strip features from their games in an act of burying their heads in the sand. It really does make Blizzard games feel like cute toys, rather than full fledged products that are on the cutting edge of competitive gaming.

Seriously Blizzard, grow the fuck up.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not sure I like the Horners. Assault Galleons are pretty fucking op, but seems like a serious lack of build diversity. Build 5 galleons, support with either wraiths or BCs, spam reapers with the galleons. F2 and attack move.

Unless you have a Swann partner you won't have the vespene to build both airfields and Matt's units, and airfields are only useful on a couple maps, and you really need the support of Matt's units against enemy air because the galleons won't be enough.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
New Blizzard is not Old Blizzard, as much as they wanna be

Sorry, and I did buy D3 + xpac and SC2 + all expacs...

NO MAS

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just looked at campaigns... I had WoL on brutal, all 26 missions.

When I now continue campaign and look at individual missions... it says casual normal casual normal etc. I even have the achievements such as "do shit on hard". Anyone else lost this?

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
if you guys aren't watrching IEM you are missing some of the best starcraft these matches were fucking nuts.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Serral just went full Bonjwa and won the GSL vs World with a 4:3 win over Stats.

the finals start around 3hrs 30min in

Last edited:

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They released a new Coop commander sometime in the last week or two. Tychus he is pretty cool. I'd say OP, but most of them are at release.

Other than SCV's, you build no units. You can recruit up to 5 mercenary heroes, each extremely powerful with their own upgrades and abilities. My favorite combination is Tychus, Rattlesnake, Nux, Vega, and Sykes. It is a high DPS "kill them before they kill you" type of setup.

I really wish they would find some new way to use Coop commanders or give some alternate progression paths with them. They are great, but once you have them all level 15 + max mastery points, they game ends until they release a new commander (maybe 1 or 2 a year?)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This past week was a 99% chance to be matched up with a Tychus, still fairly common even now. His bundle pack also has a 30 day Stimpack experience boost so you can use that to do your War Chest grind even faster for a few extra bucks. The good news is a level 1 Tychus is still useful on Brutal maps as long as they aren't terrible. The bad news is this week's mutation is basically the anti-Tychus with invincible kill bots that shut down when their kill limit is reached. Since he's a commander with only hero units you're either building a ton of extra SCVs or relying on your partner to sac stuff.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
This past week was a 99% chance to be matched up with a Tychus, still fairly common even now. His bundle pack also has a 30 day Stimpack experience boost so you can use that to do your War Chest grind even faster for a few extra bucks. The good news is a level 1 Tychus is still useful on Brutal maps as long as they aren't terrible. The bad news is this week's mutation is basically the anti-Tychus with invincible kill bots that shut down when their kill limit is reached. Since he's a commander with only hero units you're either building a ton of extra SCVs or relying on your partner to sac stuff.
Just think of doing that mutation on Brutal with a Tychus-Nova pairing. *drops mic*

Do they shut down with the use of the turret guy though? I haven't touched the mutation so idk yet.

Goonsquad Officer
i like coop but i'm disapointed the new one is hero based :(

I don't really care for heroes in your warcraft 3's and your starcrafts.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wrote SC2 off when they announced the Nova mini-campaign "didn't do well enough" and they would instead be focusing on coop. Which was code for "we realized that developing a campaign actually requires work whereas we can just half-ass new coop heroes and everyone buys them anyway because they're only five bucks".

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
5 keys huh? Blizzard really opening up the flood gates of generosity there with a $25 giveaway. Then again, 5 keys is actually is a significant percentage of their player base at this point...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user