StarCraft 2

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Surprised the TL best of calls 2012 the golden era of SC2. I couldn't disagree more. 2012 was the year of the Infestor and the Queen and it lead to some of the most mind numbingly boring games possible with nothing but 200/200 ball slams at the end. It was an abysmal year compared to others.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Surprised the TL best of calls 2012 the golden era of SC2. I couldn't disagree more. 2012 was the year of the Infestor and the Queen and it lead to some of the most mind numbingly boring games possible with nothing but 200/200 ball slams at the end. It was an abysmal year compared to others.
It was better than Zerg getting 11/11ed out of every game and Protoss getting 1/1/1ed out of every game.

As far as boosters go, I don't think they're that bad. Oracles are absolutely ridiculous against Terran as well. >30 DPS to light units, they're faster than stimmed marines so they keep up with kiting, and Zealots can tank for them as well as they can for any ranged unit. Just make these with all the gas you used to be spending on stalkers and sentries. They absolutely kill drops, marines/hellions/hellbats are all light and get slaughtered.

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
I'm not sure what you were watching, but I don't watch much besides GSL. It was pretty much the opposite of 200/200 ball slams since around March 2012 and just kept getting better right through 2013 until WoL ended.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm glad Blizz is taking a wait and see approach to the medivac boosters. Like I said I think that all races will simply have to have some sort of flying anti-air to deal with it. Dream kind of picked apart MVP (was so far behind it didn't matter) with speed vacs but if MVP just had a Viking there to kill the medivac the drop could get shut down. Perhaps to compensate for Toss they should consider giving MSC the ability to shoot air as well.
MSC shooting air would break PvZ, he can't scout you.

Tenks

MSC shooting air would break PvZ, he can't scout you.
Very good point.

I'm not sure what you were watching, but I don't watch much besides GSL. It was pretty much the opposite of 200/200 ball slams since around March 2012 and just kept getting better right through 2013 until WoL ended.
Infestor/BL was out of style in Korea because it is exploitable by extraordinarily high APM Terrans so it went back to classic muta/ling. Outside of Korea (and even foreigner Zerg could beat Korean Terran with Inf/BL) it was nothing but Inf/BL blobs (in both matchups) and the same old same old TvP.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How do you "exploit" someone using a certain strategy through high APM?

Is not rolling over and dieing because the opponent got his gg units exploiting? :p

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Infestor+BL was rather slow, so if you had map with spread out bases, you could easily exploit the zerg until they just spammed spores and spines.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Boosters are great, before drops had to do damage because there was a good chance you were going to lose the medivac, now you can drop and there is a good chance you can get away. But even still its not that hard to shut down drop play, just watch the mlg winter showdown series between illusion and vibe. The only imba thing I've seen with boosters is marineking w/ hellbats. Its not nearly as effective because it has been nerfed twice since the series I saw mkp use them in, but still seems kind of broken that drones outrun hellbats, but someone with mkp's micro can just pick them up, boost and drop them on top the drones. For that reason, if they made any changes to boosters, I'd like for it to be you can't drop units while boosters are activated.

Tenks

Illusion plays slow and Vibe plays at 400 APM and then shits his pants anytime he has to multitask

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
To say "it's not imba!" while pointing at NA pros is laughable.
True, I was only taking into consideration at the pro lvl. But still it shows there are effective means of getting rid of medivacs, you just can't only rely on turrets/cannons/spores any longer.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Illusion plays slow and Vibe plays at 400 APM and then shits his pants anytime he has to multitask
Yeah I remember being amazed seeing his APM when he broke onto the scene at the first IPL. After watching his stream a few times it was easy to see that 90% of it is literally just ridiculous spamming.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Does anyone want to practice with me (silver Zerg)? Just a few times a week.. someone on the same level (lol) would be ideal, but I wouldn't mind practicing with higher ranked players if they were willing to point out stupid shit I do.

I still have fun even if I am losing so often, it's a bit of a rush as long as I'm not getting cheesed with shit like cannon rushes or w/e.

Sorry if I am shitting up the thread, it doesn't seem so active lately, although I'm sure on the 12th that will change.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does anyone want to practice with me (silver Zerg)? Just a few times a week.. someone on the same level (lol) would be ideal, but I wouldn't mind practicing with higher ranked players if they were willing to point out stupid shit I do.

I still have fun even if I am losing so often, it's a bit of a rush as long as I'm not getting cheesed with shit like cannon rushes or w/e.

Sorry if I am shitting up the thread, it doesn't seem so active lately, although I'm sure on the 12th that will change.
Should send the user "Tenks" a PM. Last I knew he was a silver, (maybe gold?) level Terran player. Probably be right around your level anyway.

MVP must win IEM! I also have a feeling GOM is going to give their 2nd seed to MVP, since he dropped down to Code B this last season. Been watching Yoda vs Parting right now, it's on game 5, pretty epic so far. Game 4 on Newkirk was pretty badass, lots of action.

Tenks

MVP is looking too big to stop. I really respect Mana as a player but MVP just ripped him limb from limb. It was pretty crazy to watch.