StarCraft 2

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I know IEM is only one tournament for a new game but it is unreal how racially diverse the bracket ended up. No mirrors until the semi is pretty crazy for a tournament.

Flank_sl

shitlord
I know IEM is only one tournament for a new game but it is unreal how racially diverse the bracket ended up. No mirrors until the semi is pretty crazy for a tournament.
Are you sure the brackets were random? Did you see the draw? It looks a lot like the set it up that way. No IM teamills, Mana vs Nerchio, no mirrors.

Tenks

I think the playoff bracket was made by some form of seeding. At least the quarterfinals were the top 4 from the group stage. From there the #2 from the group got matched up with a #3 from another group. I'm not 100% certain how that happened. It looks like the top finishers at #2 were Parting and Dream. Parting (9-3) got Stephano from D @ 7-6. Dream (9-4) got First from B @ 8-5. MaNa (8-5) got Nerchio from A @ 6-5. Ret (8-3) got Sting from C @ 8-4. But it isn't like they set up a #2 finisher with another #2 finisher just to avoid a mirror. Parting at 9-3 was the best #2. Nerchio at 6-5 is the worst #3 but they're both in A. So the next worst #2 was Stephano. But from there I don't know how they weight map scores and losses since I'd assume Dream would be the second best #1 at 9-4 but I could understand Ret being better at 8-3. Not sure how MaNa got, statistically, the best draw with Nerchio.

So maybe the rigged it but it doesn't really appear so. For all I know all the spots were slated for "#2 from A vs #3 from D" in the ro12. Which may make the most sense.

Tenks

Glad I'm a Terran hipster and I was hyping YoDa up for years
smile.png

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
First played like shit, Yoda just did the same build every game. G3, aka how to throw away 450m/450g in 2 seconds !

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is ridiculous. Terran just 1a their marines and win. I wish blizzard would just nerf terran. They are so OP they win 4-0 in grand finals ezpz. Even a terran beat MVP, who is the best player in the world. Nerf that race...

The balance whine in the TL IEM thread is wonderful already lol. Will be interesting to see how Z and P adapt when they get some more games under their belt. Did we see any zergs use swarm hosts much at all? I recall seeing Ret use them once against a protoss but that was it. Then again I didn't watch that many zerg games.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
You know it's bad when I'm not sure if you are trolling or serious.

HotS is looking great and I'm pretty sure it won't be repeat of WoL with 6 months of 1-2 base allins.

Tenks

This is ridiculous. Terran just 1a their marines and win. I wish blizzard would just nerf terran. They are so OP they win 4-0 in grand finals ezpz. Even a terran beat MVP, who is the best player in the world. Nerf that race...

The balance whine in the TL IEM thread is wonderful already lol. Will be interesting to see how Z and P adapt when they get some more games under their belt. Did we see any zergs use swarm hosts much at all? I recall seeing Ret use them once against a protoss but that was it. Then again I didn't watch that many zerg games.
Ret used them sparsely and Snute used them a bit more (but worse)

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I watched all the change vids. They cleaned it up pretty nice. 30 beta patches later, I'm somewhat interested again.

Carrier is back, changes have me smilin'.

Tenks

Yeah I hope that is what TvZ has in store for us in HOTS. I love the fast paced bio style of Terran in TvZ and mines allow Terran the luxury of being safe in the mid game without tanks. If this is what it takes to be a top Zerg now against a top Terran I don't see the future of foreigner zergs going too well.

Only thing I'd still like to see if quicker creep disappearance if not connected to a source

Tenks

Glad to see the newly invigorated NonY is giving the single player all he's got

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Totally going off to Walmart tomorrow mid day to pick up my HotS copy. Going to blast through that single player like a boss. Can't wait.

Can we please keep Story spoilers out of this thread? Or at least put them in a spoiler. Or their own topic maybe? idk. kthx!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I might just do the digital download.. I really don't need anymore boxes on my "book" shelf. Are we getting access at 12AM PST as per WoW's usual midnight release? Or are they doing it by timezone

Tenks

This is the competitive gaming subforum. Single player talk doesn't really have a purpose here. If you wish to discuss the SP I suggest making a thread over at regular Other Gaming.