StarCraft 2

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Everything I read over at TL was people overtly or alluding otherwise for their race to avoid the nerf bat, or the other 2 to get smacked with it. Welcome to gamer nation these days, that's why I come here... less of that :p. I'm serious, every single post is made on the basis that their opinion will lead to direct changes... maybe they do. Ugh.

Notables from watching games:
3 tempest hits to kill 1 hydra (hit and run)
Void ray looks ridic if someone doesn't know how strong they are charged up
Use hallucinations or cheap shit to trip widow mines
Get blink on stalkers *immediately* if you see a star port. Feedback is good too. The afterburners aren't just deadly for sneaking in, but also getting out after sniping a crucial building.
Oracles 2 shot workers.
Blinding swarm doesn't hit Colossus.

More after I finish campaign and start MPing it up.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
No, fucking achievements are god damn idiotic and ruining video gaming. I want a god damn good story and good gameplay, not some fucking epenis shit high five for beating a level in 5 minutes instead of 6 minutes.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The achieves take very little development time. I'm not sure that same time spent on the story would have helped... if even it was the story person's time being spent.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The achieves take very little development time. I'm not sure that same time spent on the story would have helped... if even it was the story person's time being spent.
Don't think that's what phoenix was saying, simply replying to the guy before who said do achieves when we were talking about the bad story. Achievements should in no way replace anything ever, they're ok to have because as you said they take little dev time and do add some "content" kinda, but they shouldn't be something you count in the amount of content you deliver, it should be added bonus.

And on Blide's point, yes you spend a lot of missions just acquiring units, which is the basic concept of "filler" missions. None of these add anything really and could be removed at no loss if they were to compress all 3 stories into 1 like it should have been. It wouldn't be hard to reduce WoL or HotS into 7-8missions only and not lose a single aspect of the story they told because of all the fillers. WoL wouldn't really make any fucking sense though and would need to be rewrited entirely, but that's another issue with WoL story being completely fucking pointless other than a prologue type thing that could have been summed up in one mission that would have had nothing to do with terrans(the zeratul prophecy parts).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How did I get a double post without actually clicking the post button twice, wtf draegan, fucking obama.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kills me that the entirety of the WoL story was undone within 20 minutes. Really stupid story. I watched the cutscenes for about 1/5 of the game, then just couldn't be bothered. The game is PREPOSTEROUSLY easy. WoL had some pretty challenging missions on brutal, especially if you went in a certain order and didn't have certain units before the really difficult missions. Hell the first mission you have to micro your marines pretty well. But in HoTS it was a complete joke. I failed a number of times, but a vast majority of those were from being so bored that I just a-moved my army into death.
Overall the gameplay is pretty good. WoL was better, but I thought the gameplay in that was stellar. As usual the story is lame and not immersive whatsoever. You HAVE to play on brutal. It's just absurdly easy.
I think they just gave in to all those whiny kids on the forums going KERRIGAN WAS SO MUCH COOLER ALS ZERG even though she got like 3 seconds of screen time cured. I agree it's stupid. WoL is completely undone, nothing that happened there matters in any way now

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
why the fuck does Raynor have his hand gun in the prison???? are these writers completely retarded? Fired from Walking dead for being too bad?

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
why the fuck does Raynor have his hand gun in the prison???? are these writers completely retarded? Fired from Walking dead for being too bad?
If you are asking this question, you must not have played Diablo 3 with its Scooby-Doo villains.

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
Can someone who actually sat through the abomination that was the cutscenes/story give a 1 paragraph summary?
Everyone on Blizzard's writing staff got their job through nepotism and not education, skill, or work experience. Blizzard writers make Twilight look like the Pride and Prejudice of our time.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Can someone who actually sat through the abomination that was the cutscenes/story give a 1 paragraph summary?
They cure Kerrigan at the end of WoL right. At the start of HotS, they get attacked by Dominion, Raynor comes to pick up Kerrigan but they have to go separate ways when a bridge explodes(...). Raynor gets killed by Nova(lololol it's Nova from the game that was never released so funny and cool). Kerrigan goes berzerk when she thinks Raynor is dead and assume control of the swarm again. Recruits an army and kicks Dominion out of Charr again. Zeratul comes in for no specific reason, tells Kerrigan about the planet the Zerg originated from. She goes there, bathes in the first spawning pool, becomes an even stronger version of the Queen of Blades and reverts to old form. Also allies with Primal zergs which are zergs that don't rely on the Hivemind connection. At this point they hear that Raynor is actually not dead, Mengsk captured him and is trying to blackmail Kerrigan into not attacking since she was going to rape his ass. She decides to rescue Raynor first, run into the main disciple of Amon the guy who created the Swarm as a weapon and shit, tie in for the next game. She rescues Raynor, but Raynor isn't happy cause she all ugly again, but when she attacks Mengsk capital Raynor joins her cause yay good ole times let's fuck shit up. Kill Mengsk, kiss goodbye to each other, the end.

The only important parts so far of the story is that in WoL they cure her so even though she's back to Zerg queen again, she now has full control of her thoughts instead of being under the "curse of Amon" or whatever. Then the 2nd important part is that they killed Mengsk, so Valerian will become emperor or whatever. The only stuff that remains is the Amon plot thing with hybrid zerg/protoss shit and the final war, which will probably see an alliance of Raynor and Kerrigan to help to protoss fight that shit off against a 4th enemy instead of each other like it should be.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
To show that Kerrigan is willing to sacrifice herself for Jim, it's no big deal she's killed millions upon millions of people. It's cool because now she has a heart. Also, the same reason he's in that room without a toilet(it can't be a real prison cell just for that reason alone). So maybe Mengsk had some crazy plan that Jim would shoot her on sight since she changed back. No one knows, Blizzard too strong in writing.

Though it might just be the same reason that Narud could hurt Kerrigan though she's shown time and time again she doesn't really feel pain and can regenerate at will... there's just a ton of shit that went wrong.

Also, shouldn't the artifact have not hurt Kerrigan anymore? She got reforged as a primal Zerg, so... her psionic connection to the swarm should be just from her having psionic abilities(and they're magnified when reforged giving her the ability to reach farther with it) and not from being the new Zerg, right?

On the bright side, the Zeratul/Kerrigan scene ended up being the best cinematic again.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Mayhaps the complexity of the store is supposed to be in line with the level of difficulty they determined to be "normal" (average).

There's a lot (ton) of filler but some cool stuff happens too I guess.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like the general theme of "we will win because the swarm is endless" being repeated over and over, yet every single RTS mission on brutal I mine out the two to three bases I get because I lose everything on A-move
biggrin.png

and then I have to finish just with kerrigan and the free banelings.

it's funny how bad Brood Lords are on brutal against so many vikings. Can't use mutas even with their double damage vs armored because they get too close and get ripped apart by all those turrets + thors and you just don't have enough gas to rebuild mutas over and over.

biggrin.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ultras with self rez and lifeleech are basically invincible, build 10 or so and just A move the map. You get them pretty late however. Roaches with any upgrades are apparently stupid, I knew about the slow but the splitting one is also stupid it seems? Kerrigan alone is pretty dumb though, with the right upgrades you can rape stuff by kiting it and using your free summons/long range nukes/self heal.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I don't think they upped the security with HotS, so you can still run into the same old shit. But due to the volume of people playing, they should be somewhat diluted.