StarCraft 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
You still don't seem to grasp how good people can be at this game, you seem to treasure scouting and decision making as some kind of interesting thing to do, but in 99% of games it's just "does he have X? No ? Then do build Y because he is doing Z". You aren't going to scout someone to death. If you don't let skill scale with mechanics, builds start mattering more and more and the game shrinks into convoluted rock paper scissors. Also, if you somehow nurture the idea that you would be much better if you didn't have to deal with that pesky macro and just make great decisions all the time, you are wrong.

Finished campaign, story turned to shit once I realized Raynor dying would actually be a really good idea. Gameplay is still top notch, but they needed like 5 missions similar to the last one, where you just plow through a map covered with enemy units.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Seriously complaining about spawning larva? The queen has 3 abilities not just one. It's part of the game dude. If you don't like a races mechanics then don't play it. And how much does it really fuck you over? If you have your queens hot keyed it takes all of 0.3 seconds to double press her key to jump to her and spawn larva.

I think it's part of the challenge in playing zerg. What do I know.. I'm a silver.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Just beat it. Story was meh, cutscenes were awesome, gameplay was interesting. I like that they spice up the singleplayer since the MP gets into a bit of a rut (not complaining about that, just saying I like having the variety of SP).

I felt like a lot of the SP stuff was designed to motivate the custom map makers to show what kind of things were possible. Unless Void is fucking amazing then I don't see why the game was split into three, besides the obvious $$$.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Anyone else having a problem with the game lagging? Never had any problem at all with Wings of Liberty but I havent played it in a long long time and now the game periodically slows to a crawl for what seems to be no reason whatsoever. It is as if I am playing with someone who has a horrible machine / connection...only Im playing by myself versus AI opponents. Then it completely clears up only to return a little bit later.

Maddening.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Anyone else having a problem with the game lagging? Never had any problem at all with Wings of Liberty but I havent played it in a long long time and now the game periodically slows to a crawl for what seems to be no reason whatsoever. It is as if I am playing with someone who has a horrible machine / connection...only Im playing by myself versus AI opponents. Then it completely clears up only to return a little bit later.

Maddening.
I had issues where commanding a squad to a specific area at the same time someone's little picture + voice gets activated my game would freeze for a tick. Sounds and dialogue still going, but can't do anything.

Only happened a few times, and mainly in a specific mission. (The gorgon mission.)

Blide_sl

shitlord
I occasionally had my game "freeze" when it was evident that the gameplay was still going. Alt-tabbing resolved it for me.

Another thing that popped up for me was not being able to select units with my first mouse over. I'm not sure if that was my mouse or what.

Buffylol

N00b
I think I ran into Dabamf doing drunk 3s. I haven't played sc2 in well over a year and we got our shit stomped. Twas hilarious tbh. My macro sux.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well I tried unplugging my ethernet to force offline mode and... no lag. So apparently I was getting server lag from battle.net even when playing solo vs AI
frown.png

frown.png

frown.png

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it's due to the client streaming or something.
yeah what exactly is it when they say "streaming data" on single player mission loading screens? is that just a misnomer for loading or do we really have constant data stream in the double digit MB ranges while playing SP?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The rerolled chat on US is suffering... I've seen exactly one other person in there and I am always in the chat when I'm online.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
BTW the NA group for Rerolled has been up for a bit. Just search for Rerolled.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'll be around tonight watching MLG. Anyone want to log in and play a few when a non-Terran is on MLG?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'll be on tonight if anyone wants to steamroll me.

BTW, I remember last year (I think) MLG came to providence. Does anyone know if they will come back this year? I can't check because gaming stuff is blocked at work (counting the days until this forum gets blocked).

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
yeah what exactly is it when they say "streaming data" on single player mission loading screens? is that just a misnomer for loading or do we really have constant data stream in the double digit MB ranges while playing SP?
I know for sure it isn't constantly streaming hundreds of MBs while playing SP. There was plenty of times for me my internet died while playing it, I wasn't able to get achievements but I could still play SP. Even offline that streaming data shit would still pop up.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm actually not sure if they've announced all their locations this year yet.

Also, can't wait to watch some MLG tonight. MKP vs Jjakji is going to be epic. I love me some HotS TvT!