StarCraft 2

as a zerg player, I found the single player campaign pretty easy. Granted I only played it on Hard. But in WoL on Hard I at least failed some missions. in Hots I didn't fail any missions and ( like many have said ) face rolled everything with roach/hydras. The f2 button makes the SP experience way too easy imo.

All I ended up doing was making 2 extra hatches and maxing drones. Then just making corpser roach and hydra balls to win. When you get kerrigan's drop pod the game becomes ridiculously easier.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Brutal towards the end of the campaign was actually rather enjoyable. Had to try one mission twice

The one with the dueling energy beams

Bout to start up multiplayer, decided to go Terran instead of Protoss for a change of pace. Taters gonna tate.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I think I ran into Dabamf doing drunk 3s. I haven't played sc2 in well over a year and we got our shit stomped. Twas hilarious tbh. My macro sux.
Really? I only played 1 or 2 games before I remembered why I quit playing. Was it the one where I called the other team hookers, then later asked for a quick pause and a guy from the other team says "you want us to pause when you bm us?" lol. "hi hookers" is bm

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I wonder what is going through people's minds when they are low-mid Diamond and they decide to make a barcode account. Like ... wtf.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know what you mean, they probably aren't, but there is competition on every lvl, maybe they are part of a csl team or something?

Flank_sl

shitlord
Maybe they haven't played enough games to get promoted yet? The ladder seems very volatile at the moment and they may be promoted at any time.

Tenks

Considering I beat them I highly doubt they're good enough to warrant a barcode lol

Flank_sl

shitlord
I just finished the campaign. I thought the mission were disappointing compared to wings of liberty. Having a hero unit kind of spoils them. The story was not as good either and the closing cinematic was poor.

crucial_sl

shitlord
Hey guys.

I am about to start laddering again and was thinking about switching from Z to P. I was Diamond Z before Master league came out and did pretty well for myself. Basically after watching streams I kind of don't want to play ling/bling ZvZ at all and I don't like that you still have to inject all of your hatcheries. Not calling for balance, I just didn't enjoy a few things about Zerg.

Any of you have a similar experience? It feels lame to be starting over, but it's been a few years anyways so now is the time to do it. Where is a good place to look for some starting build orders?

Flank_sl

shitlord
Hey guys.

I am about to start laddering again and was thinking about switching from Z to P. I was Diamond Z before Master league came out and did pretty well for myself. Basically after watching streams I kind of don't want to play ling/bling ZvZ at all and I don't like that you still have to inject all of your hatcheries. Not calling for balance, I just didn't enjoy a few things about Zerg.

Any of you have a similar experience? It feels lame to be starting over, but it's been a few years anyways so now is the time to do it. Where is a good place to look for some starting build orders?
I would say that protoss build orders are the most complex. While protoss is not as mechanically demanding as the other races, you do need to spend some time vs the AI just practicing build orders. Your builds also need to be tweaked for each map and sometimes each spawn location. This is not really optional as if your build is incorrect in the first few minutes then it really snowballs. I will give you a couple of easy examples:

PvZ Daybreak:
9 pylon, scout
16 nexus, forge
17 gateway, pylon
19 cannon, gas x 2
22 core
24 gas
This should lead you into either robo or stargate, as you prefer.

PvZ Star Station:
9 pylon, scout
13 forge, scout
16 cannon
18 nexus, pylon, gateway, gas
19 gas
23 core
26 gas

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does MLG still have ridiculously long breaks between matches?
Sometimes, depends on if they are ahead or behind of schedule. There is going to be what 31 best of 5 matches and 1 best of 7. Say each best of 5 averages 75 minutes, thats averaging 20 blizzard minutes per game and couple minutes break inbetween the matches, that is 40 hours of content on two streams, their schedule has the streams running for 20.5 hours over the three days so they'll have to run a tight shift.

Tenks

Hopefully MLG can keep a better schedule now that they have a proper bracket instead of an endless sea of open play

Buffylol

N00b
Really? I only played 1 or 2 games before I remembered why I quit playing. Was it the one where I called the other team hookers, then later asked for a quick pause and a guy from the other team says "you want us to pause when you bm us?" lol. "hi hookers" is bm
Yeah that was us LOL! We were getting cheesed all night by marine spam and were drunk nerd raging. It wasn't about being called hookers, it was the giant marine ball you 3 sent at us.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I would say that protoss build orders are the most complex. While protoss is not as mechanically demanding as the other races, you do need to spend some time vs the AI just practicing build orders. Your builds also need to be tweaked for each map and sometimes each spawn location. This is not really optional as if your build is incorrect in the first few minutes then it really snowballs. I will give you a couple of easy examples:

PvZ Daybreak:
9 pylon, scout
16 nexus, forge
17 gateway, pylon
19 cannon, gas x 2
22 core
24 gas
This should lead you into either robo or stargate, as you prefer.

PvZ Star Station:
9 pylon, scout
13 forge, scout
16 cannon
18 nexus, pylon, gateway, gas
19 gas
23 core
26 gas
I don't think you should be memorizing exact build orders, more like general flow of things, because the exact numbers deviate every map and sometimes even every game. For protoss, timings are generally way more important than all around macro, at least until you get to 3 bases, which isn't always possible or even desirable. They are actually rather simple to learn, pick allin for each matchup and do them until you are bored, pick another one and repeat. Then you should be able to figure out how to play macro. Sadly, HotS made PvT and PvP much harder to win like that unless you simply have superior mechanics due to mines and mothership core, so the builds right now are kinda in flux. However if you have 3 gates on 1 base, 7 on 2, throw in some tech and forges, you can get a feel for the race rather quickly.

Where is everyone on NA ? I'm all alone in the channel!

Tenks

I'm on steam!

I have my tablet all ready to record the basic opener of all TvX games and if I like it enough put it in my build notebook. I need builds!

Disp_sl

shitlord
How did they let this bitch leave the house looking like this? What a ridiculous hipster outfit hahaha
rrr_img_17630.jpg

rrr_img_17630.jpg

rrr_img_17630.jpg

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
It's better than the gowns she wore in whatever tournament a while back.

That game was actually fun to watch. Felt more like BW.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I found the missions refreshing. Not quite as...deep as the WOL campaign, but it was nice to be doing something other than saving refugees. Hero units made everything relatively faceroll, though I think i would like to have played as Raynor prior.

I didn't think the story was any less good or bad than WOL, at least this one seemed to pull on heart strings a little bit more for me.

Closing cinematic was definitely not very oomphy.

I am getting a little tired of some of the standard, stereotypical shit that gets placed in games like these, IE Kerrigan hearing a news report that Jim is dead, with no body, or anything else to confirm it. The guy has lived through shit tons of things and wham bam, executed. Yes, it's possible, but given Mengsk's whole media bullshit no way was an execution going to go down all quiet like.

It's just so contrived. They're not the only ones who do it but man, I really get tired of it. No one has a brain?

With that said, it's also crazy that she'd talk to people and for whatever reason, no one can actually tell the truth. She doesn't tell them that the zerg were controlled to kill everything previously, (especially protoss) and she doesn't tell them that it's gone, and that while she might be zerg again, she's more Kerrigan now than she has been in a very long time.

Made me rage a lot. Think of all the drama that could be bypassed! But then, I guess that's the point.

TL;DR - Some day one of these weird star crossed lover games, SHIT IS GOING TO GO DOWN IN A WAY THAT DOESN'T MAKE ME SOMEWHAT SAD. God dammit. Raynor and Kerrigan is the epic god damn love story of our generation!

Also, Nova's still a cunt. You should be ashamed if you picked tits over your bro Tosh in WOL!