Starcraft: Remastered

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Is the whole "allied victory" option still in? So many great hours of griefing were had in those 7v1 and 3v3 games.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'd subscribe to a patreon to have a podcast with day, tasteless, incontrol and Artois just shoot the shit

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Is the whole "allied victory" option still in? So many great hours of griefing were had in those 7v1 and 3v3 games.

Holy fuck that plus dropping allies mid game I forgot about that rofl

• 1Worf

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'd subscribe to a patreon to have a podcast with day, tasteless, incontrol and Artois just shoot the shit
I'm pretty sure I still have some of the old State of the Game episodes saved somewhere

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Looks like this wasnt as big a hit as I was hoping. Not very many multiplayer games up at any time

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Looks like this wasnt as big a hit as I was hoping. Not very many multiplayer games up at any time

Most of us who played this at release have many years into it. Beyond the basic matches, everything SC did with custom maps WC3 did better by orders of magnitude. This is going back to the local amusement park at age 30. It's just not that impressive after the nostalgia wears off and it's the same game you've played forever.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Ignoring UMS maps I'm talking about regular old multiplayer. 2v2, 3v3 regular BW maps/games.

There are less than 10 up at any given time typically, even at what one would consider peak times.

WC3 may have done UMS better (I never played WC3), but it's a different game altogether and I'd rather play good ol' BW. Thought this might be popular but it doesn't look like it is

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Ignoring UMS maps I'm talking about regular old multiplayer. 2v2, 3v3 regular BW maps/games.

There are less than 10 up at any given time typically, even at what one would consider peak times.

WC3 may have done UMS better (I never played WC3), but it's a different game altogether and I'd rather play good ol' BW. Thought this might be popular but it doesn't look like it is
The playerbase is split up, hardcores will play on Fish and the UI is a real pain. We might try to get some gamenights going, but I'm afraid timezones will be a pain for me.

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
The nostalgia.

I have spent countless hours on this game in the 90's. Having a blast so far playing some maps I haven't played in nearly 20 years.

Palum

what Suineg set it to

Yes that's my point. We all played this for many years. Nostalgia dries up real quick and the rest of the game outside basic multiplayer matches is pretty bad compared to modern standards. It's also not a game where randomness is a huge factor, so it's very easy to get back to what you remember because the games unfold similar ways every time.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I don't really play competitively, so playing vs CPU I think Company of Heroes and Supreme Commander kinda ruined old games like this for me. I need the scale and the Starcraft games are just so claustrophobic.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Broodwar's state of the game is viewed like chess. Its a happy accident that it is such a robust esport title. To change anything is to break something that has persisted with no changes successfully. To make it widescreen, to change the ui or selection limitations or pathing. This wasn't done for nostalgia reasons, or they would have polished it up, like putting a good suspension in an older car. This project was about putting a new paint job on a game loved by its hardcore crowd so fully, that the people who will buy this title 100%, are precisely the ones that would go pick up their old copy of broodwar if it got fucked with in any even trivial way.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The good thing is that all of the big three are streaming, so I can spend afternoons watching Flash/Jaedong/Bisu duke it out on ladder. Flash is like 53-8 on Fish.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
The good thing is that all of the big three are streaming, so I can spend afternoons watching Flash/Jaedong/Bisu duke it out on ladder. Flash is like 53-8 on Fish.

Are they streaming on Twitch? Or somewhere else?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Last edited:
  • 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What resolution are you playing this at? Seriously in 640 480?

I played Brood War hard but my first impression is a definitive No.

Is it just me or is marine blood way too late when they die?

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Nah, Afreeca exclusive, you can find them through teamliquid, but the embed is laggy so I have to watch throguh their site
[생]스타 김택용 리마스터 리쌍아래가자^^ Bisu
[생]스타 이영호 소통타임~ Flash

Oh and the quality controls are also there only if you watch directly on afreeca

Lol, Beesuit just got proxy DTed

Thanks! I didn't want to do anything at work today anyway. That PvT he played after the DT rush he destroyed that poor terran.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Thanks! I didn't want to do anything at work today anyway. That PvT he played after the DT rush he destroyed that poor terran.
It's getting a bit too late in Korea, generally the games are higher level.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why would you play on anything but HD ? Koreans are weird tho.

I don't know, 720p is a pretty outdated resolution.

Good thing is, this creates so much content to passively consume in the form of twitch and youtube. That I like.

Just someone get Incontrol a wife, so he stops dressing like that in public.