Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you want blame shit, look up ESG and consulting companies like Sweet Baby Inc
Look up? We are well aware and ahead of the curve on that. But anyone that does more than sit in mostly gaming bitching the second anyone dares to think there's some bullshit politics involved.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Missed this tidbit from back in September:
2024-03-06 08.21.12 gameranx.com 94eaf58b06e4.png

2024-03-06 08.21.28 gameranx.com bc2e4fa5e9a5.png

(SOURCE)

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Thank you for proving my point - the past few posts have pretty much been "zomg DEI invented cost overruns and poor money management that results in no games/bad games and is a recent phenomenon!"

You're interesting. I know you're probably used to just being ignored, so when someone is directly willing to engage you your tendency is to revert to nebulous abstractions about what "they" believe or are arguing or stating irrelevant facts. It's odd, though.

It's like, in a discussion about whether the chicken or the egg came first and if it will help identify bird flu, you just repeat over and over that some people like omelets. And when you get questioning looks you assume others are too dumb to understand breakfast and not that they're just wondering why you can't follow the discussion.

Interesting especially because in what amounts to a discussion on the effects on sociopolitical trends on an industry you cite 38 Studios that had a lot of fucked up politics involved that you're also apparently intent on ignoring.

The question I don't get is why. What is your personal angle that leads you to being a one man circle jerk and the world's loneliest shill?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
He also wants to clarify, in light of all the heat that the DEI consultant Sweet Baby (D)iversity is getting, that Beth made the game shitty all on it's own, and didn't get any outside help:

View attachment 518340

This is sorta like the "too many moving parts or people involved to be a conspiracy" defense. But time and again it's shown that the ideologically driven don't require explicit marching orders to do what is expected by their masters.

They're basically arguing/bragging they're so brainwashed they followed expectations before there were even orders.

And hilariously if they were interested in diversity they failed. The game lacks any true Star Trek sense of so diverse it's no longer an issue. The lefturd notion of diversity is over the top Latino or jive accents on the leaders of the most law breaking group.

This happens constantly. The white guilt liberals don't need marching orders to do what they feel is expected, but things are so warped the assumed expectations becomes comically poorly implemented and don't even serve their own best interests.

Which is why we see the black leaders of ivy league schools and black court appointments embarrassing themselves and harming their own causes. And why the gaming industry constantly shoots themselves in their own feminine penises and then doesn't understand why everyone, including their own ideologs, end up angry at them.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
He also wants to clarify, in light of all the heat that the DEI consultant Sweet Baby (D)iversity is getting, that Beth made the game shitty all on it's own, and didn't get any outside help:

View attachment 518340

“When you’re ready, you won’t need outside consulting to ruin your product with DEI”

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
They have? Shame since that was my only hope to try playing this in a year or so.
There's still a lot of modding going on but some prominent Skyrim modders bowed out. Still a new game so the real test will be how long the current crop of modders keep up their activity.

Also, though I haven't looked in a little while, a lot of them were smaller quality of life type improvements and not big overhauls. Obviously those take more time but I think that would be the true sign of whether the modding community is invested or not.

• 1Like

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Thank you for proving my point - the past few posts have pretty much been "zomg DEI invented cost overruns and poor money management that results in no games/bad games and is a recent phenomenon!"

If you want blame shit, look up ESG and consulting companies like Sweet Baby Inc
The absolute disconnect between these two posts is astounding. What do you think ESG and SBI are? They are nothing more than DEI consulting bullshit.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

I was responding to his comment about “politics” being injected into games when I mentioned ESG. It’s not so much the company having those politics but they they want that sweet money

• 1WTF

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
ESG is almost always written as an expense, not an investment, because there is not even a net gain in intangibles from pushing it, even internally. This is why most intelligent companies are moving away from it. It does nothing but create strife and increase earnings volatility (mostly losses). It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand what happens to revenues when you continuously alienate one third to half of your target market. Banks that deny capital based on ESG are only opening themselves up to litigation that they'll probably lose, which is also why you have only seen private capital pushing ESG.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I do think that there is something to AAA game dev companies becoming too large. Most of the games I play these days come from small indy studios. Sure, the graphics are not as good (though that is becoming debatable), but the games are usually pretty good.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I was responding to his comment about “politics” being injected into games when I mentioned ESG. It’s not so much the company having those politics but they they want that sweet money

They want money that is controlled by sources pushing sociopolitical ideology, so mirror those ideologies.

Ummm.... That's basically politics, which has been captured by leftist, Marxist agendas.

Thanks for proving the points your arguing against. Mighty white of ya.

Just wait until you notice who controls the flow of money and how money is crested!

• 1Like

Cybsled

Why do all your responses come across as something OpenAI wrote in Mandarin, then converted with Google Translate?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

This one is pretty spot on. makes some really solid points.

I don't remember if I watched patricians starfield review, but his the outer worlds one, I was only 50/50 on board with. his fallout76 one wasn't onboard with at all. his review focused ENTIRELY on the storyline of fallout 76. which, is just not what bethesda games are about.

Private sessions here absolutely understands bethesda games.
he reviews everything but right off the bat picks out the key flaw, that many people are getting wrong. "engine is outdated", "bethesda design is tired, and old"

starfield does NOT adhere to the Bethesda formula. the exploration, open world, immersive sim.
Starfield has no connective tissue. everything feels like it was designed in a vacuum.

multiverse is fundamentally busted in design. no permeance. it utterly breaks the open world, immersion. its the opposite of immersive. Skyrim, etc brings you into the world, let you feel like you are there. houses, and hearth dlc exemplify this. this game has you abandon your universe to jump to another. destroying any connection you have to the in game world. this is such a fundamentally stupid thing to do in this kind of game. it breaks the game.

writing does suck, skill system does suck too.

(he does name drop Efap, and patricianTV as well)

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users