Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
1710481108016.png

starfield does NOT adhere to the Bethesda formula. the exploration, open world, immersive sim.
Starfield has no connective tissue. everything feels like it was designed in a vacuum.
Wonder if it was no designer with a vision or idea of what direction to take starfield or their clear mandate to make the game as unoffensive as possible.

Nothing was required and nothing was really fun. You could do everything game progression wise whether you maxxed out your spacecraft skills/design or didnt. You could do everything whether or not you built a settlement. Absolutely nothing was locked or gated. Almost like a subpar amusement park of a game. Want to craft? Go ahead. Want to talk to people? Go ahead. Want to shoot people? Go ahead. Want to fly around? Go ahead. Want to collect superpowers? Go ahead.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Wonder if it was no designer with a vision or idea of what direction to take starfield or their clear mandate to make the game as unoffensive as possible.

Nothing was required and nothing was really fun. You could do everything game progression wise whether you maxxed out your spacecraft skills/design or didnt. You could do everything whether or not you built a settlement. Absolutely nothing was locked or gated. Almost like a subpar amusement park of a game. Want to craft? Go ahead. Want to talk to people? Go ahead. Want to shoot people? Go ahead. Want to fly around? Go ahead. Want to collect superpowers? Go ahead.
I'm fucking offended by the game: The Multiverse story sucks, it ruins the whole game universe; I really need to put more time into a reply, I haven't spent a moment on the game since I flamed out a while ago but yeah, I guess you're not wrong.

"Like Skyrim in Space but with worse quests, factions, and skills, and everything is fast travel, and we can ESG everything, full modern audience sensibilities, with pew pews and space ships, bitches love space ships,--no, keep the Creation engine--- and a MULTIVERSE, that's so hot right now, NG+++ you know the game writes itself! <9 years later> we're sorry"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Pretty much all the modders packed their bags and went home. Without that, any bethesda game is dead.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
So ... we're past the six month mark now. Opinions?
Too safe, too shallow, too bland, too much repetition, too little point to too many things. It was most fun as a looter shooter, which feels pretty off the mark of what they were aiming for.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
They basically tried to make a combination of Skyrim and No Mans Sky and missed almost everything that makes either of those games good.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Bald Brah

Bronze Squire
Just like fallout 76 they launched a shell of a game. They're going to put the content in later.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Subpar. I still cant get over how atrocious the ship building was for central it was to the game.

Ship building was cool in concept, but in execution it REALLY needed to be better

1) While having different parts available in different spots is a cool idea in concept, in practice it sucked because you had no way of storing parts to use elsewhere. So if you wanted a ship with a specific cockpit, you had to fly somewhere and get the cockpit, then your ship had to be able to takeoff and travel elsewhere. It just made shit super clunky

2) Ladders

3) Typical Bethesda building issues where it says shit doesnt fit/can't be placed when there is clearly no conflict

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I wanted to like it but the game felt empty. Having to load instead of not being able to just land on planets absolutely destroyed immersion. If you are going to have us load to each planet, they better be unique like Mass Effect was. The “outposts” and settlements were not only all the cookie cutter same but extremely repetitive.

Story was mediocre

I did like it the Mantis quest a lot.

the looting was as atrocious. How you have to search the ground for stuff was so bad. That ish biggest complaint.

6/10

• 4Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
enjoyed it while I played but after doing NG+ to 10 zerg rush style to fully unlock everything, didn't really feel like going back and playing through it all over again for a full 2nd playthrough.

looking back now it was mostly mediocre with a few glimmers of hope that kept me playing. like vestigial structures or gameplay that probably would of been awesome had it survived to the final release version of the game but was neutered before it released.

• 4Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
One of those rare games that gets worse in your mind the more distance you have post playing.

• 6Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Cybsled

I haven't had any motivation to play it in months - I am waiting for the DLC since (like a sucker) I bought the deluxe edition