Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Burns

oh, Tyrone
Lulz, according to the leaks reddit, the dude was just stealin shit out of shipments that went through the warehouse that he worked at. The point of the leak was to advertise his stolen goods store on a website called Mercari. It looks like he was making some pretty good money from it, till he had the big brain idea of showing his face and name on the leaked Starfield footage. Charges should be upgraded to $10,000+, since he was nice enough to log all his crimes on that website.

Screen shot of some of his his stolen goods, he has 1062 total listed (many/most already sold):
2023-08-25 08.48.05 www.mercari.com 57b44cc01d42.png

Edit: Looks like accomplice number #1 could be getting a charge, if the police are worth their salt:
2023-08-25 09.01.01 www.mercari.com e375b5d0fa9d.png

Edit2: Looks like listings are slowly getting deleted. He has sold a wide selection of good, from power tools to electric knives to TiVo 4K to headphones to "Ferrari Scuderia toilette spray" and more.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Lulz, according to the leaks reddit, the dude was just stealin shit out of shipments that went through the warehouse that he worked at. The point of the leak was to advertise his stolen goods store on a website called Mercari. It looks like he was making some pretty good money from it, till he had the big brain idea of showing his face and name on the leaked Starfield footage. Charges should be upgraded to $10,000+, since he was nice enough to log all his crimes on that website.

Screen shot of some of his his stolen goods, he has 1062 total listed (many/most already sold):
I wonder what big distributors like Amazon, FedEx etc do to automatically parse ebay / Mercari stores for goods and sync it with recent losses. Gotta imagine anyone working at a factory trying to skim off the top will be too stupid to sample randomly enough to avoid detection.

Burns

I wonder what big distributors like Amazon, FedEx etc do to automatically parse ebay / Mercari stores for goods and sync it with recent losses. Gotta imagine anyone working at a factory trying to skim off the top will be too stupid to sample randomly enough to avoid detection.
I am willing to bet that Amazon has cameras everywhere with all the Chinese tracking algos running, so I would be surprised if this dude was able to get away with it since 2020, working in a Amazon warehouse (Edit: thought reddit said 2020, but the first "sold" listing is currently 10/22). Still, I would assume it had to be a big place to be able to walk away with as much as he did.

I wouldn't be surprised if the total of the sold auctions are in the $50,000 to $100,000 range. Who knows if he was selling stuff on ebay or other avenues before Mercari too.

Looks like he or his accomplice have now delisted all items that had not been sold. It's "SOLD OUT" yo!
2023-08-25 09.26.59 www.mercari.com ede74ce55760.png

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Dont know about amazon, but one time I had to pick up a package from fed-ex from one of their disto centers and they had a strict policy of no bags anywhere and workers were thorughly checked walking out. I noticed this as I was sitting there waiting. Im sure amazon would have a same policy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Dont know about amazon, but one time I had to pick up a package from fed-ex from one of their disto centers and they had a strict policy of no bags anywhere and workers were thorughly checked walking out. I noticed this as I was sitting there waiting. Im sure amazon would have a same policy.
Yea, I would assume it's not a FedEx, UPS, or Amazon warehouse, but as people are saying on Reddit, maybe the warehouse knew about the thefts, but were waiting until they could hit him with a bigger charge to make it "worth" the police's time. Especially if they are in a jurisdiction where the DA is letting petty theft walk.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The war Amazon is waging to staff the lowest-paid people possible while avoiding loss from hiring the lowest-paid people possible is pure late-stage capitalism at its finest. It's what I think of when I buy a $20 good on Amazon and free next-day delivery is an option.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Amazon warehouses track how long it takes workers to pee, I have to presume they are being watched 24/7

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The war Amazon is waging to staff the lowest-paid people possible while avoiding loss from hiring the lowest-paid people possible is pure late-stage capitalism at its finest. It's what I think of when I buy a $20 good on Amazon and free next-day delivery is an option.
Well logically, since these companies buy X QTY of Starfield or some other shit. The seller does not care what happens to it after that. If you buy 100 copies and 95 make it to the store this is not yet enough to trigger an enterprise like Target's red flags on shrinkage, as they have acturial margins on everything. As the invoice will say 100 in the shipment and they wouldn't catch the loss in items until far later down the road.

I imagine old boy here got on with this for awhile, if he kept a level of OpSec and didn't show his face he could have probably kept going.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Well logically, since these companies buy X QTY of Starfield or some other shit. The seller does not care what happens to it after that. If you buy 100 copies and 95 make it to the store this is not yet enough to trigger an enterprise like Target's red flags on shrinkage, as they have acturial margins on everything. As the invoice will say 100 in the shipment and they wouldn't catch the loss in items until far later down the road.
Whether it's BG3's bear fucking or a funny leak story I have to imagine that any funny news around a major game release that isn't negative is a godsend to their marketing. There's a horde of gamers hungry for the game and will push any news story that happens, so better they get distracted by a funny leak instead of some negative aspect.

Buuut the corp one step downstream (Warehouse owners) care about product loss. Amazon, Warlmart and other big distributors have an entire army to fight this while hiring the most unhirable people they can. I looked for where he works and couldn't find it.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Amazon warehouses track how long it takes workers to pee, I have to presume they are being watched 24/7
They don't watch as close to you as you might think, took them at least a month to catch a quartet of bitches that were taking turns clocking each other in/ out.

Some chain smoker cunt vying for management had it out for me beating everyone's performance numbers by a mile and started having people use her number on the scanners to boost her numbers to comically unbelievable numbers and they didn't care or catch on.

Interesting place for 2 months waiting for my new job to start in the dead time I had.

• 2Like

Daidraco

Edit: (Well nm, they say it is a warehouse for Amazon in another pictures.)

Amazon is one thing, but I cant imagine its "that" locked down there. USPS is another questionable source - cause if you look at the smaller distribution centers, theyre dated as fuck. Hell, Amazon still uses USPS to deliver a LOT of smaller packages like that across the US. Between all of them, they have cameras at some point - but it doesnt monitor every single handoff. What does happen, at least for the USPS is questionable losses start to pile up in one area and then they have Inspector General Officers hanging out in these closed in, cant see in but can see out type of cat walks up above the workers so they can watch whats happening below them.

My buddies a post master and his office is too small, but he's got an office under his jurisdiction that is actually larger? I guess the town shrunk at one point? I dont understand how it all works - but that one has cameras and catwalks and its really eerie walking into the back part of that office with him. You never know if someone is up there or not and you'll hear sounds or smell a cigarette and.. its just freaky. I could do the distribution job, but I wouldnt do it if I felt like there was someone watching me all the time. That area is know for being real methed up, so of course they have problems at that post office. Havent heard stories about packages going missing, but from what I heard the IG caught the front clerk and a back end worker dealing? delivering? something like that, drugs. Of course it was the office that I mentioned and thats why hes over there a lot cause now theyre short staffed. I look at the USPS way differently since I started hanging out with this guy - its not near as good of a service as I thought it was. That or its just deteriorated into absolute shit.

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Amazon is one thing, but I cant imagine its "that" locked down there. USPS is another questionable source - cause if you look at the smaller distribution centers, theyre dated as fuck. Hell, Amazon still uses USPS to deliver a LOT of smaller packages like that across the US. Between all of them, they have cameras at some point - but it doesnt monitor every single handoff. What does happen, at least for the USPS is questionable losses start to pile up in one area and then they have Inspector General Officers hanging out in these closed in, cant see in but can see out type of cat walks up above the workers so they can watch whats happening below them.

My buddies a post master and his office is too small, but he's got an office under his jurisdiction that is actually larger? I guess the town shrunk at one point? I dont understand how it all works - but that one has cameras and catwalks and its really eerie walking into the back part of that office with him. You never know if someone is up there or not and you'll hear sounds or smell a cigarette and.. its just freaky. I could do the distribution job, but I wouldnt do it if I felt like there was someone watching me all the time. That area is know for being real methed up, so of course they have problems at that post office. Havent heard stories about packages going missing, but from what I heard the IG caught the front clerk and a back end worker dealing? delivering? something like that, drugs. Of course it was the office that I mentioned and thats why hes over there a lot cause now theyre short staffed. I look at the USPS way differently since I started hanging out with this guy - its not near as good of a service as I thought it was. That or its just deteriorated into absolute shit.
Yeah as much effort as Amazon or anywhere else put into loss prevention (let alone stopping their employees from running small drug rings...) there's workers getting the beaks wet constantly and always will. You just can't track everything perfectly and when product goes missing you can't just start handing out search warrants to your employees. It's going to get easier though, as automation, connectivity, etc continues to streamline the process.

Burns

Amazon warehouse is surprising. I thought they had people standing in their box, while machines go get everything, and camera's count how efficient each person is, but I guess someone has to load/unload the trucks and put them in the robot accessible racks/bins...for now.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Amazon warehouse is surprising. I thought they had people standing in their box, while machines go get everything, and camera's count how efficient each person is, but I guess someone has to load/unload the trucks and put them in the robot accessible racks/bins...for now.
I bet it's like any other huge corp where there is a range from the super advanced facilities to the low-tech dilapidated facilities.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I am willing to bet that Amazon has cameras everywhere with all the Chinese tracking algos running, so I would be surprised if this dude was able to get away with it since 2020, working in a Amazon warehouse (Edit: thought reddit said 2020, but the first "sold" listing is currently 10/22). Still, I would assume it had to be a big place to be able to walk away with as much as he did.

I wouldn't be surprised if the total of the sold auctions are in the $50,000 to $100,000 range. Who knows if he was selling stuff on ebay or other avenues before Mercari too.

Looks like he or his accomplice have now delisted all items that had not been sold. It's "SOLD OUT" yo!
View attachment 488015

Jive Turkey Jive Turkey you got some splainin' to do.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
God damn last night I fell out of my bed laughing - Tyrone (vid linked earlier in thread) steals a ton of shit off truck, starts selling on mercari and gets his dumb ass caught, but not before shipping starfield copies out to xboners around the world. Well another Tyrone gets a copy and blasts all over Twitter that he has it and will go live on kick stream but the retard doesn’t know how to install it.

Leaks are flowing now, hype is rising. Looking fantastic. Glad I got Tahoe trip until Thursday to keep mind occupied

Sludig

Stop trying to make me day 1 this shit instead of waiting.

• 2Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm just hoping AMD sends out codes or w/e they do to unlock the game for you through their promotions, before the 1st start date. Iirc it opens to pre-load on the 31st.