Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I really want to buy this game on day 1 but I never played a Bethesda game at launch. I’m guessing their games is a huge buggy mess and should wait for the first major patch?

Blueweed

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I really want to buy this game on day 1 but I never played a Bethesda game at launch. I’m guessing their games is a huge buggy mess and should wait for the first major patch?

images (24).jpeg

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Caliane

I believe bethesda games are considered less buggy messes at release, more a bundle of half finished ideas that they didn't have the time to complete, and expect moders to finish.

Some examples are every games UI. where that gets patched by moders to be usuable. sky ui was an early skyrim mod.
Magic in skyrim being shit, and modded to add more spells/summons, etc
Settlements in fallout 4 having caps, and locked to preselected locations. while mods let you make ANYWHERE a settlement, and increase the build limit.
thieves guild missions in skyim being expanded in mods. etc.
expanded weather effects, high res textures, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Some bugs worked in your favor. In fallout 4, you could bypass the settlement build limit by dropping guns on the ground and then storing them. The game interpreted this as removing built structures and would slightly reduce the build limit meter for each weapon stored

I dropped a bunch of gamma guns and stored them over and over and made a settlement that was like 10x the normal build limit lol

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I will guarantee you a smooth Starfield day 1 experience, backed by Derpa Derpa 's next social security benefit.

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I mean these Bethesda games are some of the biggest games ever made, content and scope wise. So you would expect some shit not to be "finished" in the way some people would like. But I played both Skyrim and FO4 on release and, sure there was some bugs hrer and there, but no where near what people and the internet make it out to be. Or maybe I jsut have a higher tolerance for that shit than other more sensitive get angry types. Not to be an apologist for unfinished shit but both Skyrim and FO4 are some of the best experiences Ive had in gaming. So this is a day one purchase for me. And ill probabaly buy the golden silver anniversary edition few years from now, lol.

Ill tell you what pisses me off more than anything, BG3 crashing like a mo fo. Ill take bugs all day long if I dont have to wade through crashes every hour or two and losing progress because I forgot to F5. IU actually restarted BG3 now because in act 3 IDK what the fuck is going on, memory leak? Whatever, the shit is unstable as hell.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only BGS game I've played when it was released was Skyrim, and I had a lot of fun with no memorable bugs.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
First review is out! And if you can't trust some random dude smoking weed, who can you trust?

• 2Worf
  • 2Wow!
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I mean these Bethesda games are some of the biggest games ever made, content and scope wise. So you would expect some shit not to be "finished" in the way some people would like. But I played both Skyrim and FO4 on release and, sure there was some bugs hrer and there, but no where near what people and the internet make it out to be. Or maybe I jsut have a higher tolerance for that shit than other more sensitive get angry types. Not to be an apologist for unfinished shit but both Skyrim and FO4 are some of the best experiences Ive had in gaming. So this is a day one purchase for me. And ill probabaly buy the golden silver anniversary edition few years from now, lol.
The relationship between BGS fans kind of reminds me of an old married couple about to take a cruise.

"Yeah Harry's probably going to fuck up the reservation again, get sick and be too tired to go snorkling with the kit he spent $700 on, but I can't wait to go."

Case in point, this thread is full of people absolutely eager to play the game but are ripping on Pete Hines from mouthing off another batch of lies.

Burns

The relationship between BGS fans kind of reminds me of an old married couple about to take a cruise.

"Yeah Harry's probably going to fuck up the reservation again, get sick and be too tired to go snorkling with the kit he spent $700 on, but I can't wait to go."

Case in point, this thread is full of people absolutely eager to play the game but are ripping on Pete Hines from mouthing off another batch of lies.

I was wondering where hype man number 2 was. That's the first sign of Pete that I have seen since he rode that hype train off a cliff for Oblivion. I thought he might have moved to a different company or was promoted to a job that didn't require the old Huckster extraordinaire to be in front of a camera.

Seriously, for the past month, when ever I would see Todd's face, I would try to remember hype-man number 2 name so I could look up where he was now and why he wasn't firmly attached to Todd's ass.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

What the fuck are you even talkin about? Why can't people be hyped for something and still call someone out for lying about it?

• 1Like

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>

Ill tell you what pisses me off more than anything, BG3 crashing like a mo fo. Ill take bugs all day long if I dont have to wade through crashes every hour or two and losing progress because I forgot to F5. IU actually restarted BG3 now because in act 3 IDK what the fuck is going on, memory leak? Whatever, the shit is unstable as hell.

I generally agree that Skyrim wasn't bad on release (yeah, there was the typical physics and Radiant AI wonkiness, but it was mostly a lot of minor shit). FO3 was awful and had a ton of memory leaks. Oblivion was buggy as hell too. It does seem like their QA has improved over time (can't speak to FO4).

This won't be a day 1 purchase for me, but that's more on account of my never purchasing AAA in general on day 1, not specifically that I won't purchase a Beth game on day 1.

Beth games are like junk food. They're never going to be the most nutritious thing you've eaten/the deepest thing you've played, but at the end of the day, you'll be stuffed. I think people who go into Starfield with that expectation will be perfectly fine.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck are you even talkin about? Why can't people be hyped for something and still call someone out for lying about it?
Brother, find the densest, hardest group of gamers hyped about Starfield and laughing at the Bethesda marketing craziness and you'll find me in the center of it.

Speaking of which, 100% ingame footage

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Beth games are like junk food. They're never going to be the most nutritious thing you've eaten/the deepest thing you've played, but at the end of the day, you'll be stuffed. I think people who go into Starfield with that expectation will be perfectly fine.
Beth games are the Golden Corral of gaming. The food isn't all that great, you'll probably get dysentery from it, but damn if there isn't a lot of it and in any variety you want. Plus you can bring a hotplate and a cast iron and mod the food where needed. Sometimes that prime rib that's been drummin' up e. coli for the last two hours just needs a good pansear with butter and a spritz of lemon juice. And nude mods.

Last edited:
  • 5Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>

Just get a Gamepass PC sub for a month. For $1.00.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Brother, find the densest, hardest group of gamers hyped about Starfield and laughing at the Bethesda marketing craziness and you'll find me in the center of it.

Speaking of which, 100% ingame footage

We all know whats going to happen when that little black girl gets into space.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users