Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Anyone use the shotgun? Im a rifle man rn.

I'm rolling with the lawful good sarah or whatever. I've been on hard mode the entire game and she kind of trivializes everything. She's immortal and wastes anything she's actually hitting. The optimal strat is generally kiting mobs into her.

Kinda reminds me of summons in elden ring, I'm thinking about dropping her.

I also save scummed a ridiculous legendary lawgiver that one shots just about all the things. I'm thinking about dumping it and the other savescummed item i got just to bump up the difficulty a bit.
I'm also playing hard and my Sarah goes unconscious quite often. My guns are not great, I don't think, but she definitely can't solo a lot. The terrormorph area on Toloman II she got destroyed and I had to resort to extreme cheese. They were very over my level, though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

must consoom

Screenshot_20230903_183215_X.jpg

20230903_183155.jpg

20230903_183158.jpg

• 7Faggotry
  • 3Barf
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 17 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm jumping into outpost building. Choosing an outpost beacon location is the most jank shit. Maybe I'm missing something but I found a moon that has a bunch of starter resources on it but couldn't place the beacon where I could access them all until I searched on the internet. There's one 10 meter radius circle or so that I could find where I could place it, and I could only find that perfect bullseye when landing where someone else did and then using a picture of a nearby mountainscape to triangulate that person's location. Right now people are spending hours trying to make good on the resources availabe on a planet. I'd like to think there's a better way, but this is Bethesda, folks.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You must not know any gun people

More of the fact that the reload animation is so fast, and not something you really look at when playing a game. Especially in a fight, as you can see the corpse on that screen that he just killed someone.

Hell I just did it with my double barrel and there isn't even cartridges ejecting for me. Just puts more in. Just things I dont pay attention to in a video game.

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
As I progress i'm finding that the non-quest points of interests on planets are just copy pastes and there's like 6 or 8 total (at least in colonized space), with some clutter moved around a bit.

Enjoying the main and bigger side quests though.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So I had a few days off after vacation last week, and went straight through the main story into NG+. Basically, if you like the Bethesda formula you'll have fun, if you don't, then you should probably skip it. I've started NG+ to do side quests, build outposts and do everything else in the game. I'll be playing this game for a while. BG3 is on the back burner, and FF16 is even further on the back burner.
Did the same and finishing MSQ fast then doing a completionist play through seems like the move. Having a blast 38 hrs in and trying to get through the main side stories now.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
my life for a fucking mod that doesn't make pirating ships an absolute goddamn pain in the ass. The amount of fucking hassle you have to go through just to take a ship and sell it is waaaaaay too damn high.

Hidden fucking contraband that's sitting around somewhere instead of being in the cargo hold? YUP every time
registering a ship eating 90% of the profit from the ship? YUP - enjoy your 2,000 credits for all that work.
Piloting a new ship automatically makes it your home ship so now all that stuff you had in the cargo hold is auto-transferred to your inventory, instantly overloading you.
cant just sell it because it's your home ship! Gotta switch it back first!

Besides that, the only other fucking thing I want from mods is to clearly list what fucking solar system each quest is in, or group them by solar system.

Boggles my mind how an entire company could test and play this game and not constantly run into these headaches every single day.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
my life for a fucking mod that doesn't make pirating ships an absolute goddamn pain in the ass. The amount of fucking hassle you have to go through just to take a ship and sell it is waaaaaay too damn high.

Hidden fucking contraband that's sitting around somewhere instead of being in the cargo hold? YUP every time
registering a ship eating 90% of the profit from the ship? YUP - enjoy your 2,000 credits for all that work.
Piloting a new ship automatically makes it your home ship so now all that stuff you had in the cargo hold is auto-transferred to your inventory, instantly overloading you.
cant just sell it because it's your home ship! Gotta switch it back first!

Besides that, the only other fucking thing I want from mods is to clearly list what fucking solar system each quest is in, or group them by solar system.

Boggles my mind how an entire company could test and play this game and not constantly run into these headaches every single day.
I think Ut is right, either this is AI script tested or the whole QA dept needs to be fired, FFS. How many people have shader issues? Lots of people with the same quest person not talking. In the Empty Nest (and the Empty Nest/Akila only; fine everywhere else); my shaders go berzerk with yellow filters and Sarah doing her best Mystique impression with blue skin and yellow eyes.

The game is super fun but Bethesda only saved for half dmg, didn't eliminate their rep for issues at launch. Many of these seem to be design choices, though, along with actual low number of bugs given the scope of the world/universe. Should have been less but surprisingly low/less than previous launches.

I think they just had a small circle of testers who played a LOT of hours, so that people with that much time in, the lack of maps stopped being an issue at some point. This also explains why they missed so many of these other issues: Tall and not wide testing.

sarah-mystique.jpg

Goonsquad Officer
I think Ut is right, either this is AI script tested or the whole QA dept needs to be fired, FFS. How many people have shader issues? Lots of people with the same quest person not talking. In the Empty Nest (and the Empty Nest/Akila only; fine everywhere else); my shaders go berzerk with yellow filters and Sarah doing her best Mystique impression with blue skin and yellow eyes.

The game is super fun but Bethesda only saved for half dmg, didn't eliminate their rep for issues at launch. Many of these seem to be design choices, though, along with actual low number of bugs given the scope of the world/universe. Should have been less but surprisingly low/less than previous launches.

I think they just had a small circle of testers who played a LOT of hours, so that people with that much time in, the lack of maps stopped being an issue at some point. This also explains why they missed so many of these other issues: Tall and not wide testing.

View attachment 489263
They prolly have a staff of non gamers like a lot of other studios who don't do the full assortment of gamer hijinks

• 1Like

nu_11

oh shit the facebook brigade is coming, everyone pretend like you aren't having fun
If you dont want me bringing it up in the Bethesda game thread then maybe the Bethesda Director of Community should shut the fuck up and stop being a groomer. Until then it's a fair topic, and you can go pound sand Tuco Tuco

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I loved BG3 but everything felt hyper focused on providing you the exact experience the designers wanted with a few very lovingly built paths for you to follow. It felt close to a choose your own adventure book, which is great.

Conversely, Starfield embraces the open galaxy gameplay and even with all the negative things said about it being true, I'm loving it way more than I did BG3.
Yep. Finished BG3 but it was a bit of a slog. Needs a definitive edition to be as playable as DOS2 or BG2.

Enjoying this more than BG3.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
God damnit are people with vitilego the new lgtqbrigade? Why the fuck is this in so many games now?

1693815804331.png

• 5Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I'm enjoying this and am up to level 11, much better than BG3 although I have little interest in games these days but reading threads for both made me check them out. I did play a decent amount of Skyrim back in the day.

Did the Mantis side quest for a full set of legendary armour and a ship so hopefully that won't make the game too easy.

What's the deal with outposts and resources. You blast the rocks to get minerals and have to plant outposts to mine the resources like Argon and stuff? So far I've just done main quest to get the first power. Is there any cool assassins guild type stuff?

• 2Faggotry
  • 1Picard

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If you dont want me bringing it up in the Bethesda game thread then maybe the Bethesda Director of Community should shut the fuck up and stop being a groomer. Until then it's a fair topic, and you can go pound sand Tuco Tuco
Who did he groom?

• 2Like
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Just had a shootout in a multiple level open space station without any gravity and it was pretty damn awesome. I love that the weapon fire actually propel you backwards. I've done almost no story missions so this was my first genuine "Damn, this is cool" moment.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
OK I've got my outpost set up. It's producing Comm Relays. I've got these outposts:

• Narion system, Sumati planet, Andraphon moon: Produces helium, iron and aluminium. Also main production base.
  • Narion system, Sumati planet: Produces Copper
  • Alpha Centauri system, Olivas planet, Zamka moon: Produces Cobalt, Nickel.
I combine those ingredients into a couple different layers to produce Comms Relays, which is, as far as I can tell, the highest value thing I can make at dumpster-tier tech. I'm not sure if I can research more without unlocking ... Outpost Engineering??

Placing outposts is miserable. Resources border each other, so it's difficult to find some combinations. You might be able to find a sweet spot that has a bunch of resources, like I did on Andraphon by following someone else's map *exactly*. But even then your radius might barely capture multiple pools. The UI for this is trash and I can't even tell if it's intended for players to try and place perfect outposts or if we're supposed to make hard decisions about what resources we can get.

• 1Solidarity