Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He got the game refunded after play 25 hours.

How could this happen? How do you refund a game that is better than BG3?

Did anyone on FOH reach out and explain it's better than BG3 to him at least before he made the decision?

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"romance" options in starfield are ... Different from BG3.

I don't think i will ever trigger them. I only have them following me when required by the story.

I may stick the ones with outpost management there though.

I know having sarah aboard ship is nice, as she gets around 50% reduction to fuel cost for grav jumps, so you can go farther.

Will be curious of that effects the isolation skill later, like vorph thought it might. Since the wording on the skill is vague.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Did anyone on FOH reach out and explain it's better than BG3 to him at least before he made the decision?
Starfield isn't better than BG3. But i am enjoying it more.

Partially related:

• 17Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 17 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Also I'd love a mod that brings Karlach into Starfield. With eleven labs I'm pretty sure that could happen.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ran across a shitty bug. So one of the modules you can put on your ship is an armory. Pretty cool thing that lets you display guns and suits. So I put the Grandma's Space Marine armor on one of the displays. Later on, I redid my ship a bit. I never deleted the Armory, I just had to move it in order to put a new module in. I also had to move a cargo container in order to attach an additional engine. The game is supposed to dump all the items into ship inventory, but instead it deleted the armor apparently. It isn't in the storage, although all the other guns are as far as I can tell. Not sure if it was just the armory moving, or the fact I had to move both the armory and cargo container
Don't put anything on weapon/armor displays in your ship, you will lose the items sooner or later. Doesn't even have anything to do with changing the ship's build, it'll just disappear as you come and go normally too.

Will be curious of that effects the isolation skill later, like vorph thought it might. Since the wording on the skill is vague.
Update on this, Isolation appears to be completely broken. Sucks, I was intending to go that route too. From what I've seen of other people complaining, it sounds like all the companions piss and moan about anything you do that's 'illegal'. Which means you either bring Vasco who is too fucking big, take the adoring fan trait and adventure with him, or go it alone. Not a hard choice really. I don't even miss their carry capacity with +40 from suit, +20 from pack, -50% weight of weapons (since they're already the best val/wgt ratio), and points in Weight Lifting.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Can't imagine getting this triggered because some people like a game more than another game

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yes, because clearly there's such an overwhelming amount of people here clamoring about how much better starfield is than BG3...

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm just saying, I saw the same praise for Diablo IV by all the people who paid extra to play it, that I'm seeing now. And all the same types of concerns (lazy developers who are skating on the legacy of a company long since dead).

It took a really long time for people to finally acknowledge that it wasn't what they really wanted. I'm sure we'll get lots of "I got my 40 hours of fun out of it, whatever" as they pray for the other paying customers to fix the game the developers wouldn't/couldn't.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm just saying, I saw the same praise for Diablo IV by all the people who paid extra to play it, that I'm seeing now. And all the same types of concerns (lazy developers who are skating on the legacy of a company long since dead).

It took a really long time for people to finally acknowledge that it wasn't what they really wanted. I'm sure we'll get lots of "I got my 40 hours of fun out of it, whatever" as they pray for the other paying customers to fix the game the developers wouldn't/couldn't.

Whoa! You saw people enjoying a game that's biggest issue is longevity who then went on to quit due lack of longevity??

Crazy shit! Any other predictions Nostradamus? Also pretty cool how you try and make the retarded hole in your logic a part of your complaint like that nullifies it being a retarded hole in the first place.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

It always amazes me when someone wants to try to convince others that they're not actually enjoying themselves.

Wake uP SHeEpLE!1

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Not a valid comparison. D4 was really fun for exactly 2 weeks and then literally worth forgetting it ever existed.

But yes, this board being filled with people who played a shit-ass game like EQ for over a decade, that wasn't even good in its day when compared to the FAR superior DAoC, really slants the expectations.

• 1Smuggly

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It always amazes me when someone wants to try to convince others that they're not actually enjoying themselves.

Wake uP SHeEpLE!1
Not trying to convince anyone.

This is also the same shit that happened in the Diablo IV thread. If you don't share in the constant praise, you're just trolling. Last I checked, this is a forum for discussion.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I had no intention of romancing Sam the Space Cowboy, but then he opened his mouth and the voice of Adam Jensen came out and it was immediately game over for any other option.

• 3Worf
  • 2Faggotry
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

This is also the same shit that happened in the Diablo IV thread. If you don't share in the constant praise, you're just trolling. Last I checked, this is a forum for discussion.
At some point though when someone keeps saying this stuff and they haven't even played the game, it comes off as something else. Unless I'm mistaken it doesn't sound like you are playing the game yourself. Plenty of people in this very thread who like the game have pointed out various negative things that are not "constant praise." This isn't Reddit.

Some complaints I've seen are objectively not true, as well. This game does an absolutely horrible job of explaining things and I think that's a big part of the problem (along with sticking with the game engine). Or people have the expectation of something that it was never going to be. I've played and mildly enjoyed NMS but this game would be absolutely insufferable if you had to do all of space like that game. If that was so the first mod available would be one that has the teleport system like the game has.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I realize now my destiny... I must make a cock and balls ship.
brother the game is way ahead of you. Here's the patch of flouride I'm farming.

1693873858509.png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't put anything on weapon/armor displays in your ship, you will lose the items sooner or later. Doesn't even have anything to do with changing the ship's build, it'll just disappear as you come and go normally too.

Update on this, Isolation appears to be completely broken. Sucks, I was intending to go that route too. From what I've seen of other people complaining, it sounds like all the companions piss and moan about anything you do that's 'illegal'. Which means you either bring Vasco who is too fucking big, take the adoring fan trait and adventure with him, or go it alone. Not a hard choice really. I don't even miss their carry capacity with +40 from suit, +20 from pack, -50% weight of weapons (since they're already the best val/wgt ratio), and points in Weight Lifting.

Damn that is a shame about isolation.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Bullshit you're not. You've never tried to discuss anything.

Just like in the D4 thread you come in, find someone complaining about anything, then go off about "HOLY SHIT THIS GAME'S SO BAD LOL IDIOTS!!"

If you're so poor that $30 or $15 a month is something you can't pull the trigger on for "only 40 hours" of entertainment, then that's cool but some of us made better decisions in life and consider that a really good trade off

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bullshit you're not. You've never tried to discuss anything.

Just like in the D4 thread you come in, find someone complaining about anything, then go off about "HOLY SHIT THIS GAME'S SO BAD LOL IDIOTS!!"

If you're so poor that $30 or $15 a month is something you can't pull the trigger on for "only 40 hours" of entertainment, then that's cool but some of us made better decisions in life and consider that a really good trade off
It's not the money.

The reason you keep getting these shit AAA games is because you all will continually not only buy them, but pay for early access, and then excuse the dog shit they put out.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users