Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Burns

In terms of the structures themselves, ya. Like why can't I add windows to the solid hab structures? My options are either full windows or no windows at all.

I do hope they add more options in a future DLC. And if their reasonings are "realism" as to why they dont allow more free form building, I ran across 2 NPCs sitting around a campfire on a planet with no O2 in the atmosphere and was walking around on Mercury when a thunderstorm happened, so I think they need to get that in order before they can pull any realism card lol
On one hand I was also thinking outposts were going to be a build your own high tech walls and building too, which was a little disappointing.

On the other hand, outposts don't feel completely worthless like FO4 settlements were. At least now you can set up outposts to manufacture parts needed in weapon and armor mods...even though you have to spend a 4 levels to unlock that ability...and you can easily buy all those parts in stores...

If I were to guess why we will never get freeform walls/ceiling is, exactly that, "realism." They chose to have spacesuits in the game and airlocks, instead of futuristic shield tech, so they can't very well just allow players to leave a hole in the wall/ceiling to walk through and transition from inside to outside. It seems they have no way for their engine to reliably recognize if areas are pressurized with atmosphere/O2 and areas that are not.

I zoned into the NPC base on Mercury and all the airlock doors spawned 20 foot in the air, so I could run inside without using them. The 30 NPCs were all walking around inside without a space suit on, breathing in the the obvious vacuum.

Burns

I had this sorta happen (but opposite) on the first first scene in the game. The dude in the elevator (Hecktor?) was rubber necked with the back of his head pointed at me when he was talking.

• 10Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 11 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I had this sorta happen (but opposite) on the first first scene in the game. The dude in the elevator (Hecktor?) was rubber necked with the back of his head pointed at me when he was talking.

The amount of NPCs that start beefs with you as you're sprinting toward the next merchant is hilarious. Like they're from the EpicNPCMan / Viva la Dirt League universe and have been waiting for ten years of Starfield development to talk to you.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
behold, after hours of carefully crafting a comprehensive factory I now have the power to build all the resources widely available for cheap from vendors.

1694382343714.png

• 4Like
  • 3Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I turned this off and loaded up Holocure. Next thing I know 2 hours has passed like nothing. lol

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Finished the game today, and I never finish games. Time for a break and we'll see if I want to do NG+ stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I've had two digipick bugs recently. One was where my pick was shown as fitting perfectly but the game would not take it (and it didn't show blue). Then later I had another situation where a pick wasn't show visually that it could work but was blue and the game did take it. It's like it updated the visual of the game incorrectly for some reason. Not that big a deal thus far as I'm sure I've done about 200 digipick attempts.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I've gotten to a point where I don't bother with most locks anymore.

• 1WTF

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
How many hours did you sink in? Did you just blow through the main and some of the larger faction lines? Just curious.

Didn't do much w/ the factions (intend to if I continue playing), spent about 30 hours on main story, a couple outposts and probably an hour or two in the shipbuilder.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Companions sometimes forget to put on their space suits on airless, -130c worlds;

89.jpg

Also was let down with this area.

Going through it you see theyre conducting illegal research and the head guy in charge gets more deranged as time goes on, eventually murdering everyone else with his mechs. You clear out the top of the facility and hes nowhere to be found and theres no payoff.

Second time ive come across that. Went and cleared out the secret laboratory on Mars, find out they where conducting genetic experiments on women which killed most of them. Finish going through it and it doesnt lead to anything else that ive seen so far.

Also ran into another bug. Cleared out a abandoned point of interest on Venus that the ecliptic came in and attacked me at. Only thing is 3 of the ones that spawned wherent hostile and labeled as "human". Killed one of them in front of the others and it didnt provoke a response.

36.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
I've gotten to a point where I don't bother with most locks anymore.

Locks seem wildly out of proportion to any associated rewards - if there is a bonus to loot quality from it being locked with a master lock, it seems to be pretty subtle. Like master lock to building, master lock to door, master lock to safe, 100 credits. Or 5 locked rooms deep is the locked mega chest with a baseball cap in it.

Exception being contraband crates I guess, those are consistently valuable and seem to be always locked.