Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's not a new feature and it is a popular one. One of the main goals in the old Legend of the Red Dragon door game was to bang the barmaid even though it didn't really do anything. There is a whole cottage industry of harem games, etc
I mean most RPG have romance options, dragon quest 11 added it, yakuza like a dragon, persona. It’s just is what it is. It’s just the west is so damn obsessed with, cause we live in culture that shames people for being social and more worried about their Reddit gold and pronouns that they can get right on the internet

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
When you can alienate the vast majority of people in order to appeal to a tiny amount that won't but your product anyway, then that's a move you just have to make

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Who the fuck is being alienated by using "they" in RP settings? It's a normal English pronoun. JFC it isn't like they are sticking in some made up words or whatever the fuck

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Picard
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 4 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
It's a normal English pronoun

normal

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 21-57-34 they - Google Search.png

sassy d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

It also is used when the gender is irrelevant or doesn't even need to be mentioned

"What happened to them?"
"They tripped on a rock"

You are aware that usage of the word in that setting existed long before it became some culture war bullshit, right? You've probably used it yourself in that sense thousands of times and have developed amnesia of even doing that I suppose

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
It also is used when the gender is irrelevant or doesn't even need to be mentioned

"What happened to them?"
"They tripped on a rock"

You are aware that usage of the word in that setting existed long before it became some culture war bullshit, right? You've probably used it yourself in that sense thousands of times and have developed amnesia of even doing that I suppose
Quit enabling mental illness and twisting the definitions of words to justify it.

What is the context of it being used in game? As a singular [made-up] gender, correct?

There are only two genders. Allocating resources to cater to mental illness leads to an inferior product.

• 2Truth!
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
The vast majority of people are so sick of all the anti-truth tranny and gender shit (and more), you see that on any platform that allows people to vote and speak freely (so not reddit). So they're not doing this for the non-existant majority that might want this, it really is an "eat the bugs" demoralization thing.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Cybsled

Quit enabling mental illness and twisting the definitions of words to justify it.

What is the context of it being used in game? As a singular [made-up] gender, correct?

There are only two genders. Allocating resources to cater to mental illness leads to an inferior product.

There realistically is only 2 uses for it in the game

1) A NPC is referring to you in the third person and not by name or some other label (like pirate, asshole, spy, etc). Such as "We found him in the cargo bay" "We found her in the cargo bay" "We found them in the cargo bay"
2) A NPC is attempting to address you by a formal title that is typically assigned to a specific gender/sex. So Mister, Misses, Madam, etc.

If you look back at prior Fallout/Morrowwind games going back 25 years or so that have lots of spoken dialogue, they will have NPCs do that, but it isn't very common. Which makes sense - it reduces the number of spoken variables needed in a conversation. In most cases, the conversation is going to be completely identical with minor nuanced changes that make it slightly more customized to whatever character you are playing.

So while you're all freaking out, realistically them adding some neutral pronoun isn't going to change much, because they barely used regular gendered pronouns in their other games in the larger scheme of things due to the extra work it took and already used genderless options previously because they could just use them universally. The only thing that has changed is they are making some flagged option during character creation that eliminates the variable dialogue.

• 1Picard

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

1) A NPC is referring to you in the third person and not by name or some other label (like pirate, asshole, spy, etc). Such as "We found him in the cargo bay" "We found her in the cargo bay" "We found them in the cargo bay"
2) A NPC is attempting to address you by a formal title that is typically assigned to a specific gender/sex. So Mister, Misses, Madam, etc.

If you look back at prior Fallout/Morrowwind games going back 25 years or so that have lots of spoken dialogue, they will have NPCs do that, but it isn't very common. Which makes sense - it reduces the number of spoken variables needed in a conversation. In most cases, the conversation is going to be completely identical with minor nuanced changes that make it slightly more customized to whatever character you are playing.

So while you're all freaking out, realistically them adding some neutral pronoun isn't going to change much, because they barely used regular gendered pronouns in their other games in the larger scheme of things due to the extra work it took and already used genderless options previously because they could just use them universally. The only thing that has changed is they are making some flagged option during character creation that eliminates the variable dialogue.
You are wrong. Stop being a communist and learn English.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>

Fyqxq2gWcAA6jsS.png

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

You people are so fucking tiring with your retarded shit.

• 6Like

Cybsled

I'm sorry, I forgot I am speaking with people who value feels over facts and logic

• 4Pathetic
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Cringe

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

You can't see the forest through the trees dude.

I don't care about 'they' as a pronoun thing in dialog. However it's just part of the problem so fuck them. You think they will stop at pronouns? Theres going to be troons and faggots and political messaging in the game because these people literally cannot help themselves. Combined these elements do nothing but make the game worse.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'd be proud of Bethesda if Starfisld had the character depth to have awkward lqbtq interactions. Typically the characters are too shallow for that and only have enough depth to move the plot forward.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Which makes it even more retarded and shoehorned. You go on generic quest for the Red Mile faction leader and he's all see Tuco we need to defend these colonies from the core worlders looking to extract our resources. But this is made more complicated as I identify as a woman but cannot show my true self due to their oppression. Also refer to me as they please it helps me think of my true self.

Like when Beamdog made Baldur's Gate Enhanced and added their troon character into it for no reason. In a game that already had a story arch of Edwin getting lol cursed into being stuck as a very attractive woman with no way to change back and it just pissed him off.

donomito

Blackwing Lair Raider
lol hello paid mods. open ur wallets you fucking retards and suck the Bethesda cock.

• 1Truth!

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
lol hello paid mods. open ur wallets you fucking retards and suck the Bethesda cock.
Meh. They're there for people that don't want to deal with manual modding which is fine. The paid mods in Skyrim had zero effect on my regular free modding.

• 1Like

donomito

Blackwing Lair Raider
until its a always online , store exclusive locked down game. Which you have to jump through hoops to play off line or until they run it all server side or whatever the fuck is necessary to bick this. At the end of the day we pay more and more for less and less. I guess if you want to do that.