Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

In oblivion i had a modded trophy room filled with thousands of gems. In Skyrim anytime more than a few hundred gems were present near the player the game would crash. I tried for hours to mod the gems model so it wouldn't crash but never could.
ryan reynolds hd GIF

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The first game I ever hoarded in was Ultima Underworld, which, more than any other RPG I've ever played, encouraged you to murder-hobo by making half the residents non-aggressive NPCs while also putting unique and interesting loot on them. Every floor I'd clear all the quests in, then murder everyone to steal their shit to put it in a pile in my room on one of the floors.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Debating how much I trust their release date and if I want to try and take time off for the launch.

• 1Faggotry

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Hitting the release date is one thing but it actually being worth fighting through the bugginess of it on release day is another.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Bugthesda is a known thing, although MIcrosoft is supposedly banking a lot on this title being a success and they no doubt want to avoid a Cyberpunk situation. I wouldn’t be shocked if they are pushing hard for a relatively big free launch, lest you get dudes on youtube hate farming your title and trying to make it out to be the shittiest game in existence because it has the same amount of bugs as that game 10 years ago everyone loved, but 10 years ago you werent milking those hate clicks for ad dollars or gaming the algorithm

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’ve always enjoyed Bethesda games, hell the bugs sometimes can be half the fun. Fallout 72 has so far been their only release that had bugs bad enough to make me nope out completely, but that was as much from the game itself just being a pile of nothing at launch.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hitting the release date is one thing but it actually being worth fighting through the bugginess of it on release day is another.
I dunno about platform or hardware specific issues but broth skyrim and fallout 4 were totally playable at release for me personally. I didn't play nor count fallout76.

The only BGS game that was verrrry broken for me at release was fallout new vegas, and that was mostly obsidian's fault with some additional drama.

Anyway I'm going hard on Starfield at release and will feel like a naive moron if it's a buggy disaster.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I dunno about platform or hardware specific issues but bother skyrim and fallout 4 were totally playable at release for me personally. I didn't play nor count fallout76.

The only BGS game that was verrrry broken for me at release was fallout new vegas, and that was mostly obsidian's fault with some additional drama.

Anyway I'm going hard on Starfield at release and will feel like a naive moron if it's a buggy disaster.

While Starfield may be disappointing, given this is the third "polish" release date and everything MS has put into it, I don't think its going to be "buggy" in the traditional BGS sense. I am as excited for Starfield as many people were for Cyberpunk and keeping my expectations in check has been the hardest thing I have had to do in a long time.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If it were on PS5, this would be day one buy bugs and all. As is, I will likely never play it. Fuck you Microsoft, you lost the console wars. Accept it.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We can only hope it has the shelf life of Skyrim with as much hype as its getting. People are still buying new copies of Skyrim and that... thats just insane. GTA5 is still a top seller, too.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If it were on PS5, this would be day one buy bugs and all. As is, I will likely never play it. Fuck you Microsoft, you lost the console wars. Accept it.
Won't it be on Xbox game pass and you can play it on PC for basically free?

Cybsled

We can only hope it has the shelf life of Skyrim with as much hype as its getting. People are still buying new copies of Skyrim and that... thats just insane. GTA5 is still a top seller, too.

That is the biggest plus to them keeping with Creation Engine: There is an entire mod community out there used to it, so expect to see lots of day 1 QoL mods and lots of content mods in short order

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just want to see Star Citizen ships modded into the game which freaks out the cult and Crobarts enough that he launches a lawsuit against Bethesda, and maybe Nexus mods.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users