Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Speculative skill sets:

A thousand games to play and this man is playing pre-release hype.

Will probably spend less time actually playing Starfield than he spent coming up with a totally wrong skill tree.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

Will probably spend less time actually playing Starfield than he spent coming up with a totally wrong skill tree.
But will you read his guide on playing the game when it releases?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider

I mean yea, but lets not act like we weren't eating this type of crap up for say, Vanguard, or whatever game(s) it was for you. We're just old + jaded

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I mean yea, but lets not act like we weren't eating this type of crap up for say, Vanguard, or whatever game(s) it was for you. We're just old + jaded
For me it was Tiberian Sun when I was like 12. It released, I played through it and enjoyed it, and realized I spent more time reading about it pre-release than playing it.

Now? I mostly ignore game releases until it's time unless I feel like shitposting.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I can't think of a single game that I spent more time on it outside the game than actually playing it.

I have maybe hit the 200 hour mark on 1 out of every 50 games I have played, so someone spending 200 hours putting that together, especially when it's so close to release, seems ludicrous.

Caliane

i mean, isn't that what half of us have been doing with bg3 and discussing builds? or every Path of exile season.

big difference here is its a new ip, and game system, can't really preplan. mad lads like this datamining, or autistically recreating the skill tree from videos, haha. you guys see the galaxy map in the comments as well?

no big deal, someone just worked up a 3d map of the galaxy from screenshots of the map in game..

I love theorycrafting, so I eat up shit like PoE and path of building. starsector, etc. pathfinder:wrath of the right. wikis, etc.. not exactly the same. I'm past the point of real content generation. But still often I player test the shit out of stuff. like bannerlord, I was testing the crap out of the caravan, econ mechanics, and posting the info on reddit/strats discord, etc.

Teenager, I actively was making maps for doom-Quake 3. never really messed around with warcraft map making, or neverwinter nights, beyond surface level testing.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
A thousand shitty fucking half baked games to play and this man is playing pre-release hype.

Fixed that and why people are putting hopes on Starfield.

Let's be honest, out of those one thousand games, 3 are worth actually playing.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
4** are worth playing
Keanu Reeves Reaction GIF by Bounce

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
When moved last I found an entire accordion folder full of hand written skill point progressions for Dark Age of Camelot classes

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
When moved last I found an entire accordion folder full of hand written skill point progressions for Dark Age of Camelot classes

God I miss that game. My Skald wrecked shit so hard in PVP that I eventually sold it to some dude for $1,500 based on name recognition alone.

I'd sit outside the Albion entry area and solo entire groups. One female warrior type would come back for a beating every 10-15 minutes or so, wish I could remember "her" name.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
God I miss that game. My Skald wrecked shit so hard in PVP that I eventually sold it to some dude for $1,500 based on name recognition alone.

I'd sit outside the Albion entry area and solo entire groups. One female warrior type would come back for a beating every 10-15 minutes or so, wish I could remember "her" name.

The PVP in DAoC did seem to get pretty personal - one of my friends was such an epic troll ganker that he managed to completely derail wars just by showing up - three quarters of the enemy forces would immediately forget what they were doing and chase after him.

Stealth was probably a bit too strong through - you really shouldn't be able to get away with ganking the resting clothie while the rest of his group are standing within arms length, let alone escape afterwards.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
For me there are always two games that had so much pre-release hype it was unreal. First was WoW's Cataclysm expansion. Second was Cyberpunk.

Haven't seen nearly as much hype for this game. Sure, a few individuals here and there seem to be excited, but mostly people don't give a shit. I would expect a shit ton of hype for ES6 though.

Caliane

it is oddly quiet. yeah. look at the people drooling over bg3. I think its the fairly large silence on the game. they aren't showing us much. no previews, not alot of footage, etc. we just don't have a ton of info to dive into. its all new, and we are all waiting. it if was TES, people would be scouring every screenshot for hints in relation to prexisting games. can't do that here.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think that's fine. If it's as good as we hope it is, then word of mouth, streamers, forums etc will let everyone know. I imagine most people who plan to play Starfield are also going play BG3, and since that comes out first a lot of the hype Starfield would be getting is directed there.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think that's fine. If it's as good as we hope it is, then word of mouth, streamers, forums etc will let everyone know. I imagine most people who plan to play Starfield are also going play BG3, and since that comes out first a lot of the hype Starfield would be getting is directed there.
Yeah I'm more excited about Starfield than bg3, but bg3 is coming out this week.

If Starfield is as good as I hope it'll be a huuuuge game like skyrim and popular for a long time. A big reason star citizen had so kuch hype is that there really hasn't been a huge budget game that mixes mass effect, freelancer, no mans sky gameplay and starfield could be it. Meanwhile bg3 and almost every other hype games are merely the latest in a line of fantastic, huge budget games.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users