Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
$35 for just one DLC rather than a season pass seems rather shitty. I remember people being pissed about Fallout 4's season pass even before they jacked the price up the extra 10 bucks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

In oblivion i had a modded trophy room filled with thousands of gems. In Skyrim anytime more than a few hundred gems were present near the player the game would crash. I tried for hours to mod the gems model so it wouldn't crash but never could.
This is all that I ever really wanted from Star Citizen, a game about boarding ships and looting them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is all that I ever really wanted from Star Citizen, a game about boarding ships and looting them.
2d top down but the escape velocity series of games back in the day of magazines with games on cd was amazing. I believe you can still buy the last game Nova, which is a shame as I liked the earliest ones best. had more of the cut throat board and pillage what you can. could risk getting 1 shot by stray fire in capital ship battles between factions , trying to board a crippled battleship before the enemy fleet finished blowing it up.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
2d top down but the escape velocity series of games back in the day of magazines with games on cd was amazing. I believe you can still buy the last game Nova, which is a shame as I liked the earliest ones best. had more of the cut throat board and pillage what you can. could risk getting 1 shot by stray fire in capital ship battles between factions , trying to board a crippled battleship before the enemy fleet finished blowing it up.
Yeah I played a shit ton of Escape Velocity on some old Mac that was in one of the labs or club offices back in college.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

I fucking LOVED those games. Nova doesn't quite scratch the itch like the originals.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
$35 for just one DLC rather than a season pass seems rather shitty. I remember people being pissed about Fallout 4's season pass even before they jacked the price up the extra 10 bucks.

If they're Skyrim level DLCs, that's not a big deal (not counting hearthfire). Dawnguard and Dragonborn were both big additions to the game and high quality.

spronk

FPS noob
review embargo ends 8/31

1692404482822.png

game will be available 9/6 for normies/gamepass and 9/1 for people who buy the premium thing

nice thing is you can preload ANY game on xbox, you don't need to own it, so you can wait till 8/31, read the reviews, see if its more Redfall or Baldurs Gate 3, and still have 24 hours to buy the premium version for 9/1 play. Or just wait till 9/6 and regular gamepass

Scooby

Trakanon Raider
I get what they meant. It was their phrasing of "free" instead of "includes" that I was joking about
Let me rephrase ... The base game is included with Game Pass, so for $30 5 days early access with the 1st expansion included was a no-brainer for me =P

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Didn’t realize I get the first expansion free. 5 days early is great for me since I’m on vacation when it releases.
Same. Maui leg of our trip got canceled... Sucks, but 4 days of Starfield will be nice before returning to Hell.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Including the first expansion in the initial game is weird. I can't remember any other game doing that.

For BGS games I typically go hard at release then replay a couple years post-release with a bunch of mods, and there are typically a bunch of expansions I don't like all that much. Am I going to pay $100 for the game + expansion only to come back a couple years after Starfield releases, and buy all the expansions for $30? Maybe...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
For BGS games I typically go hard at release then replay a couple years post-release with a bunch of mods
That's the only way to play Bethesda games. I'll give it a playthrough, then go back to BG3.

• 1Solidarity

velk

Trakanon Raider
Including the first expansion in the initial game is weird. I can't remember any other game doing that.

For BGS games I typically go hard at release then replay a couple years post-release with a bunch of mods, and there are typically a bunch of expansions I don't like all that much. Am I going to pay $100 for the game + expansion only to come back a couple years after Starfield releases, and buy all the expansions for $30? Maybe...

It's actually unusual the other way around - having a 'deluxe' release bundle that includes a 'season pass' isn't unusual these days, they are just being stingy by only including one DLC.

Of course, maybe this DLC is a huge far-reaching game-changing one that adds hundreds of hours of content and not a cynical cash-grab consisting mostly of a few skins. I am not holding my breath though.

• 1Worf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It's actually unusual the other way around - having a 'deluxe' release bundle that includes a 'season pass' isn't unusual these days, they are just being stingy by only including one DLC.

Of course, maybe this DLC is a huge far-reaching game-changing one that adds hundreds of hours of content and not a cynical cash-grab consisting mostly of a few skins. I am not holding my breath though.

Those are typically GAAS games. Though those lines are really blurred nowadays

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
How can you have a "season pass" for a single player RPG? Like Ambiturner indicated, that's a GAAS feature to maintain engagement and keep you playing. There aren't any rewards to earn here. BG3 doesn't have a season pass and no one said a thing but IIRC hey had a deluxe as well? I don't remember now. I was scared I wasn't going to get finished with it before Starfield came out as we had some vacations planned and I wasn't feeling well and now it seems I would have been able to do it pretty easily. Basically they are just going for the upsell on the box copy and already have main-quest DLC planned/already in the can.

What I really intended to post was that I am ready; I am preloaded, have my Xbox and my PC ready; I upgraded to 64GB of RAM and a 7900XTX and plan on playing primarily on the PC but have the Xbox as a back up just in case. I can't remember being this excited for a game since some of the big MMO Launches 15+ years ago. Maybe GW2 in 2012? That was great.

If it doesn't live up we still have Armored Core 6 and BG3 to fall back on. I am doing a run of Deus Ex Human Revolution to keep me busy while I wait.

Last edited:

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
If a season pass has fun and engaging content, sure why not. Most season passes suck ass though. Even mentioning that moved this from a day one purchase to wait a week and see what people say.

• 1Like