Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Did Bethesda make another game that the community has to mod to actually make good?

This thread right now..

lulz.png

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I got out of the main area and framerate picked up. Maybe they cranked the shit up for the "show off" area. I lied. Dynamic resolution got enabled while I was messing with settings. Still runs like ass!

Last edited:

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
From what I've watched so far, the graphics are kind of a letdown.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
how the fuck does the lock picking work in this game? I try to match the slots with the lockpick thing and it's not working

just give me skyrim lockpicking at this point

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Haven’t left first planet spent 3 hours just floating around scanning shit then stumbled upon
terror morph at lvl 18
and pwnt it at lvl 3. Had a really weird ghosting thing at start with hdr on, disabling fixed it up. Runs great on my rig so far, can only imagine how great this would look on a better engine. Graphically an odd game so far as some skyboxes, planet texture etc look superb, but faces and characters look bgs through and through.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This...sounds disappointing. A newer Outer Worlds sounds like something I don't even want to play.

And I think all the No Man's Sky comparisons are warranted. It's been almost a fucking decade. I know people will say "it's a different type of game," but seriously, in a decade, we can't get essentially the same technology as NMS and then add the RPG, Skyrim/Fallout gameplay on top of that? Why the fuck not?

It's a travesty that you basically just get like 3 "nodes" on a planet to explore. No Man's Sky 7 years ago allowed you to explore an entire procedurally generated planet. Millions of them.

I may not even bother with the Gamepass version for a few weeks.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
how the fuck does the lock picking work in this game? I try to match the slots with the lockpick thing and it's not working

just give me skyrim lockpicking at this point

You have 4 patterns you have to fit into the open slots. Can only get to the subsequent rings by filling the slots on the initial ones.

Game feels kinda meh, but then before I knew it I lost an hour of my life to the ship builder (and didnt even save the design I was working on, lol).

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
You have 4 patterns you have to fit into the open slots. Can only get to the subsequent rings by filling the slots on the initial ones.

Game feels kinda meh, but then before I knew it I lost an hour of my life to the ship builder (and didnt even save the design I was working on, lol).

yeah I didn't catch the part where you use the mousewheel to actually move the pick around heh.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This...sounds disappointing. A newer Outer Worlds sounds like something I don't even want to play.

And I think all the No Man's Sky comparisons are warranted. It's been almost a fucking decade. I know people will say "it's a different type of game," but seriously, in a decade, we can't get essentially the same technology as NMS and then add the RPG, Skyrim/Fallout gameplay on top of that? Why the fuck not?

It's a travesty that you basically just get like 3 "nodes" on a planet to explore. No Man's Sky 7 years ago allowed you to explore an entire procedurally generated planet. Millions of them.

I may not even bother with the Gamepass version for a few weeks.
Why the fuck did people expect anything different from this game? They've been copy/pasting games since FO3. Bethesda is absolute ass. They peaked at Skyrim and even that is debatable, IMO. I personally think they peaked at Morrowind.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Glad I didnt pre order like D4. Looks mid af bois.

Was an easy pass for me. Maybe when the hype dies down you can get a fair review on it.

But right now-- the fact is the review embargo was held until the last minute. Even D4 lifted the embargo 2 full days prior.

This should have been a major red flag for anyone paying attention.

Very restrictive review embargos never end well. You could see this pile of shit a mile away.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fun so far. Early morning so got to quit now.

Some usual pathing bugs. The damn robot gets in the way a lot, but he also is a sponge for dmg, so balances out. Also the AI is dumb as shit, I'll maybe increase difficulty. Had a couple enemies ran right past me to try and melee the robot after I already took half their health.

Accidentally went to wrong area on first planet it seems, and ended exploring an abandoned mining + research facility nearby still. Probably be level 4 by the time I get back to ship and then fly to the first quest.

Absolutely despise the weight limit. 145 mass total I can carry and weapons are ~4 each, suits are ~7 + what you wear/use. Even gave the robot a bunch of stuff till he was full and still encumbered so fast. Only saving grace is ammo has no weight.

Crazy also, legendary suit within 5 minutes of fighting in first building on first planet.

Graphic wise, I can't really say, because no matter the game, i turn shit down right away. I took most here to medium(from high). I'll probably look up some optimal settings tomorrow, as I care more about fps, then super realistic graphics.

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So after 4 hours of playing, my initial impression is disappointment. It's not bad, just not as good as I was expecting.

After 4 hours, I'm not invested in the story yet which for me is pretty bad since story is one of the most important thing for me. The combat gunplay and ship is serviceable but not great.

My biggest issue, and I kinda knew going in, but it kinda worse than I expected is the loading screens. I knew this wasn't a seamless world but I didn't expect this amount of loading screens.

So I'm in my ship in space and want to travel...load the map set destination, press "x" and loading screen to travel. I arrive at my destination and want to land on a planet, load the map, find a landing spot press "x" and loading screen to land. I am in my ship on the planet, press "x" to get out and loading screen. Explore a bit, find a building to go in, and loading screen. While exploring the interior, and want to go to a different floor....and loading screen.

While I wasn't expecting a seamless world, I didn't expect to be in loading screen so often.

I still enjoyed the game, but it's definitely not setting new standard in gaming. I think it will be a good game, provide a decent amount of playtime...but ultimately be somewhat forgetabel, unless things pick up in a major way.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
So after 4 hours of playing, my initial impression is disappointment. It's not bad, just not as good as I was expecting.

After 4 hours, I'm not invested in the story yet which for me is pretty bad since story is one of the most important thing for me. The combat gunplay and ship is serviceable but not great.

My biggest issue, and I kinda knew going in, but it kinda worse than I expected is the loading screens. I knew this wasn't a seamless world but I didn't expect this amount of loading screens.

So I'm in my ship in space and want to travel...load the map set destination, press "x" and loading screen to travel. I arrive at my destination and want to land on a planet, load the map, find a landing spot press "x" and loading screen to land. I am in my ship on the planet, press "x" to get out and loading screen. Explore a bit, find a building to go in, and loading screen. While exploring the interior, and want to go to a different floor....and loading screen.

While I wasn't expecting a seamless world, I didn't expect to be in loading screen so often.

I still enjoyed the game, but it's definitely not setting new standard in gaming. I think it will be a good game, provide a decent amount of playtime...but ultimately be somewhat forgetabel, unless things pick up in a major way.
you playing console or PC? Hoping the PC will have mod/option to preload that shit into memory so it goes faster. All those short loading screens in Morrowind cuz of Xbox drove me ape shit.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Definitely needed a better intro to get you invested. I feel like the Fallout games usually had that.

Instead of following the story I'm going around Kreet like so:

1693542596909.png

I think the game looks nice graphically (Ultra settings on PC). Still the same interactivity level as other Bethesda games (ie, tons of junk you don't want and most things don't respond to environmental behavior at all).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users