Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I think it runs great and i'm on a dinasour (gtx 1070, i7 6700 4ghz)

I'm not in the 100s of fps but looks good to my going to shit eyes, especially considering its creation engine

pretty sure I see in like 20fps at this point so anything above that is gravy

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
basically unplayable on my system. freezes every 10seconds or so, even on potato settings.

Curious what you are on?

There is video of this running on a 1070ti and a 2700x. Everything on low, render at 50%, things off and getting 40-60 fps.

I'm not in the 100s of fps but looks good to my going to shit eyes, especially considering its creation engine

pretty sure I see in like 20fps at this point so anything above that is gravy

So working even below minimum specs? Listed minimum is 1070ti and i7 6800k/2600x.

Caliane

Curious what you are on?

There is video of this running on a 1070ti and a 2700x. Everything on low, render at 50%, things off and getting 40-60 fps.

So working even below minimum specs? Listed minimum is 1070ti and i7 6800k/2600x.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz
gtx 1070

so yeah, its old.

seeing this thread..

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Nah its kinda bad. I was getting 50fps in the mars abandoned hanger by the fracking station, down to high 30s when some ship landed;

3.jpg

Also there is a mod that removes all the extra color filters that for some make the game look a lot crisper.
Fucking a. Im also using a reshade to disable some more filter nonsense and now the game actually has colors and some darkness to it.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Nah its kinda bad. I was getting 50fps in the mars abandoned hanger by the fracking station, down to high 30s when some ship landed;

View attachment 489557

Fucking a. Im also using a reshade to disable some more filter nonsense and now the game actually has colors and some darkness to it.

don't know what to say, i'm at 50-60fps pretty much always with my settings, and they look good to me. my only graphics complaint is that creation engine just doesn't have any sort of cutting edge-ness to it. Guess that works for me though since I can't run the good shit anyways. Usually re-do my pc every 5 years but i'm going on like 7 or so and I usually just play older simple games, but both bg3 and this have worked out fine for me performance wise.

Last edited:

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Running well with everything on Ultra so far like 4 hours in. Definitely feels dated in a lot of ways, but I'm going to blast through main story on Gamepass and if I still enjoy it swap to steam because mods.

1693969438576.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Argarth

On the verandah
Let me see...
Low effort game world, dogshit engine, dogshit graphics, dogshit performance, and the same tired old boilerplate Pete Hines/Tod Howard bullshit.
Yep, sounds just about right, and exactly what I expected from a Bethesda game in 2023. Hard pass.

• 6Like
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean it's not a bad game, sure the story could have been better, the enemies feel like bullet sponges in the beginning while taking off chunks of health from yours, and the ending is dog shit. But there are some positives like the ship building and some of the quests are not bad like joining the UC Vanguard.

I think a small studio will realize the potential of this game and it's engine and make a full fledge game from it, think Endreal.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Damn, that's pathetic. I've played about 35 hours now and haven't come across a single storyline referencing anything LGBQT and this guy is absolutely losing his shit over an option in character creation.
Pretty stupid you cannot opt out. I wonder if they can be sued for it.

• 1Seriously?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I have played this way too much since it came out, and I’m loving it.

I have a lot of issues completing any quests because I keep getting distracting by other quests. I’ve barely done the main quest so far.

I‘m level 25 right now, skill points spread all over as I can’t decide what I want to do.

Today though I set out to complete one quest (Terrormorph quest) that I started a few days ago and thought it was amazing. Well I did complete it tonight and I have to say that so far it’s the best quest in the game by far. It’s extremely long for a side quest, heck it could be a main quest in some games. The rewards and loot along the way are pretty good too. I doubt there will be a quest to top it, it was just really good all around with some interesting characters and decisions to make along the way. It’s almost worth the price of admission for me if it’s all I do. :)

Now sure what I’ll do next, I have so much to do. I still haven’t really done any ship building, base building or crafting all of which I want to get into at some point. After a somewhat disappointing start, this has become an obsession and becoming one of my favorite game. I’m at over 50 hours and I doubt I’ll finish it under 200 hours at this point, especially since nothing I’m exciting about is coming out.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Let me see...
Low effort game world, dogshit engine, dogshit graphics, dogshit performance, and the same tired old boilerplate Pete Hines/Tod Howard bullshit.
Yep, sounds just about right, and exactly what I expected from a Bethesda game in 2023. Hard pass.
it's very high effort game world.

• 1Worf

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have played this way too much since it came out, and I’m loving it.

I have a lot of issues completing any quests because I keep getting distracting by other quests. I’ve barely done the main quest so far.

I‘m level 25 right now, skill points spread all over as I can’t decide what I want to do.

Today though I set out to complete one quest (Terrormorph quest) that I started a few days ago and thought it was amazing. Well I did complete it tonight and I have to say that so far it’s the best quest in the game by far. It’s extremely long for a side quest, heck it could be a main quest in some games. The rewards and loot along the way are pretty good too. I doubt there will be a quest to top it, it was just really good all around with some interesting characters and decisions to make along the way. It’s almost worth the price of admission for me if it’s all I do. :)

Now sure what I’ll do next, I have so much to do. I still haven’t really done any ship building, base building or crafting all of which I want to get into at some point. After a somewhat disappointing start, this has become an obsession and becoming one of my favorite game. I’m at over 50 hours and I doubt I’ll finish it under 200 hours at this point, especially since nothing I’m exciting about is coming out.

I am glad I haven't run into anything really timed yet. Even though the dialogue may say "hurry" or "dont keep me waiting", it doesn't seem to matter. Because I get so easily distracted too and end up spending hours off on some side quest. Wonder if there is a quest limit, as I have a bunch just sitting in my mission window + all the stuff in activities. I try to keep bounty terminal missions all the time in log incase I go near one. I found the constellation missions way too time consuming for the rewards.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I have enjoyed my 20 or so hours in the game so far, but damn it's a flawed game. Doesn't run particularly well? Check. It's not intuitive at all? Check. The space combat sucks? Check. Worried with more hours that it's lack of depth might really show.

gak

<Gold Donor>
s1.jpg

If you're not having sex in Starfield daily, you're missing out on a massive XP buff

If you're not having sex in Starfield daily, you're missing out on a massive XP buff

The "Emotional Security" buff is one of Starfield's best, and true love is the only way to get it.

If you've been saving yourself for that one special Starfield romance partner in your playthrough, it turns out you've been missing out on a status effect that's arguably better than any single chem can provide. It's called "Emotional Security," and the only way to get it is by having sex. If only it were that easy, Starfield.

Emotional Security boosts XP gains by 15% for 24 real minutes. As shared by VG247, this is similar to the 10% XP "Well Rested" bonus you get for sleeping in a bed, but better because it's a higher number and also it means someone loves you.

No, seriously: there are no one-night stands in Starfield, so the only way to get busy in bed is to first romance one of the select few NPCs that are interested. Thankfully Starfield's companions set their standards very low, so it's easy to make them fall in love with you, but it does take some time. Just bring one along on your adventures and, as long as you're not constantly committing crimes they don't approve of (just like real life, wow), you'll periodically unlock special "flirt" options in conversations that eventually lead to love and marriage.

Once you're married, bringing your partner along as your companion will allow them to sleep in the same bed automatically. There are no sex cutscenes—Baldur's Gate 3 this is not—but your partner will make a saucy comment as you're waking up, some of which were shared by the ESRB months before Starfield's release.

It's all very gushy and mechanical. If you're purely interested in the generous XP boost then there's no reason not to do this. There's no penality for letting time pass (unlike Baldur's Gate 3) and marriage doesn't lock you out of bringing other companions along, either.

However, I admit I'm hesitant simply because none of Starfield's four romanceable companions are my type. Sam Coe is cool, but dry. Sarah Morgan is a snoozefest. Barret is charming, but talks like a robot. And they're all too darn nice with the exception of Andreja, who has a little bit of an edge to balance out Constellation's unrelenting politeness.

The good news is the Well Rested buff also exists there for those who aren't ready for commitment, and it's much easier to get. Just sleep in any bed and you're rewarded with an extra 10% XP. Whichever sleep boost you get, I recommend hitting the hay right before you wrap up a few quests to get the most out of the bonus.

s2.jpg

• 8Barf
  • 3Faggotry
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 17 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol didn't even know there was a sex buff. I dont bother with companions in this game. At least coming with me in combat. I do have them in ship for the buffs and in the future outpost for the buffs.

The well rested buff is a joke. 10% for 30 minutes? That shit should last an entire day at least. I used it once and just a joke. Even the exp buff teas are a joke, was I think 2% for 30 minutes. Maybe the food stuff is better later and with full ranks of the skills. But I forgot to use them 99% of the time anyway.

Also I hope your search algorithms are forever tainted for choosing such disgusting pictures to try and make it as gay as possible.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Cybsled

Oh neat. I just got Sarah to marry me, so time to use that cot on my ship!

• 2Worf

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Damn, that's pathetic. I've played about 35 hours now and haven't come across a single storyline referencing anything LGBQT and this guy is absolutely losing his shit over an option in character creation.
That's not really what the rant is about at all, "just pronouns" but congrats for being completely 2023 about it, you missed the bit about the encounter in the game about Trans allegory ("I'm a female clone of a man" really? That just makes you a female.) and about they have two different walks and builds but because everything is infused with gender ideology, they have to call them "type 1" an "type 2". Also there are [Flirt] options for every companion, same sex or other-wise, as previously indicated.
Az's point was that even in a Sci-Fi game set in the future, he is thus pulled back into 2023 politics. If you truly feel like and want to be female, be female. If you truly feel like and want to be male, be male. If you feel like you were born in the wrong body, why would you play a character born in the wrong body in the game? Do games need a diabetic option, so I can play a diabetic in the Sci-fi Space Opera of the future? Millions of type 1 diabetics, where is my representation? Where are the wheel chair options, as I heard someone mention, so the handicapped, a larger part of society than the T part of LGBT, can be "represented"?

"Pronouns" was trending on Twitter and any number of Leftists came out to attack Az for the rant. It's amazing how how much heat he is getting for it. "LOL just pronouns" doesn't really hold true with this much attention and pushback.

I just passed it by, along same-sex flirt options for companions. Don't act like the culture war is one-sided, though; Both sides are fighting heavily and any heresy against the Orthodoxy will bring out the Struggle Session Crusaders, have no doubt.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 9 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Being trans in games/worlds set hundreds of years in the future with significantly advanced medical tech is simply dumb.

It would be like having a game set in 2023 with a character suffering from scurvy.

• 3Like
  • 3Truth!
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Not having a weight mod on Gamepass version is balls. No where near close enough or motivated enough to focus on cargo space so I've just been dumping resources all over my ship floor. Definitely my #1 complaint. Being encumbered is great for fitness perk though since drains your O2/CO2 so fast for the challenge skill up so small miracles I guess.

1693988494858.png

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I mean it's not a bad game, sure the story could have been better, the enemies feel like bullet sponges in the beginning while taking off chunks of health from yours, and the ending is dog shit. But there are some positives like the ship building and some of the quests are not bad like joining the UC Vanguard.

I think a small studio will realize the potential of this game and it's engine and make a full fledge game from it, think Endreal.

Is Endreal really amazing? I've been meaning to play it.