Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Went through a 130,000 credit shopping spree to upgrade the mantis ship last night. I ditched all the cargo and extraneous components and condensed it as much as I could. Then stripped the weapons and put as many particle beam weapons as I could on it. Got Barret on deck (I have no idea if his skills actually help, lol) and started melting everything I ran into, even after cranking the difficult to very hard.

I'm hoping there's some badass ships to dogfight in this game. Fighting multiple ships is always going to be a challenge because I don't see a way to outmaneuver them, but 1v1 could be fun if the game tries to create difficult enemies.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not having a weight mod on Gamepass version is balls. No where near close enough or motivated enough to focus on cargo space so I've just been dumping resources all over my ship floor. Definitely my #1 complaint. Being encumbered is great for fitness perk though since drains your O2/CO2 so fast for the challenge skill up so small miracles I guess.

View attachment 489578

"Simply type in ‘player.setav carryweight 2000’ to set your weight as 2000, with any other number giving you the maximum carry weight you want as well"

I didn't test this. I've resisted the urge to modify carryweight because they have so much in the game to impact it. I'm also not sure if there's a point where I'll want millions of credits, so I'll probably stop trying to loot n' sell stuff I find.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
FWIW, I'm getting 90-100 FPS in most places with a 4070 Ti and Ultra settings.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The companion skills do work on the ship if you have them formally assigned to a ship role. I don't think they work if they are just your active companion as they count as a 'passenger' in that situation.

You also need to be mindful of what combat skills your companion has. I made a point of ensuring that Sam only had rifles in his inventory and went so far as to 'equip' him with a specific one I wanted him to use (could have just given him one I suppose...). Note that he asks for pistols in random walk-along dialogue but ignore him... bitch can't shoot for shit with a pistol.

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Also there is a mod that removes all the extra color filters that for some make the game look a lot crisper.
This will be good after several revisions. Some places are supposed to look the way they do; others just have a filter for no reason. The mods are all hamfisted and strip out everything globally right now, but some autist will eventually analyze every single one individually and only change the shitty ones to neutral.

The companion skills do work on the ship if you have them formally assigned to a ship role. I don't think they work if they are just your active companion as they count as a 'passenger' in that situation.
Companion skills also don't necessarily do what you think they should, and they are not the same thing as your own skills. Like Sarah, she has Botany but all it does is make the gifts she gives you as a companion botany-related. However, if she's assigned to the ship, her astrodynamics does actually cut down on fuel usage and increase your jump distance.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I think it runs great and i'm on a dinasour (gtx 1070, i7 6700 4ghz)

I'm not in the 100s of fps but looks good to my going to shit eyes, especially considering its creation engine

pretty sure I see in like 20fps at this point so anything above that is gravy
I'm old and can't see graphics, so IMO its graphics are great.

Dude lol. Hot contender for boomer post of the year.

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Being trans in games/worlds set hundreds of years in the future with significantly advanced medical tech is simply dumb.

It would be like having a game set in 2023 with a character suffering from scurvy.

There's an Abraham Simpson joke in here somewhere.

Cybsled

you missed the bit about the encounter in the game about Trans allegory ("I'm a female clone of a man" really? That just makes you a female.)

They don't claim to be anything but a woman. The government basically did a "Let's make a a bunch of male and female clones of this person" as part of that secret program and modified the genetics as needed so the clone would grow into whatever sex they wanted the clone to be. You can even ask them "female clone of a man? how does that work?" and she basically says they altered the genetics when they cloned her. They also view the originating source of the genetic material as their "father", sort of like how Boba Fett viewed Jango Fett.

Speaking of bounty hunters, I just ran across my first group of them. I had picked the Wanted trait, but was confused because I never ran across bounty hunters. I was running around on Pluto (awesome source of Titanium and Tungsten if you're bottlenecked on mod research/crafting and need those materials in bulk) and see this group of like 5 dudes running to me, then they reveal I have a bounty on my head. I had the Ronin backstory and got them to backdown because they mostly wanted an easy shakedown (I later outran them back to their ship and killed the crew lol), but then they said more hunters will be coming. So I guess the Wanted thing doesn't trigger until maybe a certain level? I was around level 21 at the time.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nah, Wanted can trigger if you wander too far away from the main mission on the very first planet even. You'll definitely want to keep your ship upgraded if you chose that trait, the ones that attack you in space are no joke. Definitely worth it for the extra loot though, especially since there's no other traits worth picking anyway.

One thing that does annoy me is that you can't steal their Ecliptic ship to sell it. Just says "not authorized" when you try to sit in the pilot chair.

DickTrickle

It's really not worth selling ships. You have to register it first and the amount I've seen thus far is only a few thousand credits difference between registering and selling.

Last edited:

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Is this game worth buying an xbox for? I know gamepass is good.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Is this game worth buying an xbox for? I know gamepass is good.
Is any game worth spending $400-500 on? It's definitely a game with a lot of things to do so in terms of hours playable it's high, but that all depends on whether you'd like the stuff. I think if you liked the Fallout games you would like this but not sure I'd buy a system just for it. However, if you actually want to play other stuff, Gamepass + XBox is great to have.

• 2Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's really not worth selling ships. You have to register it first and the amount I've seen thus far is only a few thousand credits.

Yeah I assume they are trying to prevent you from just running around yanking ships and selling them for tens of thousands a pop or more and just printing money basically.

I feel like money is already too easy. I am up to 400k. Though I do plan to buy the 250k ship when I unlock class b ships. As I don't really spend money on much else. Ammo sometimes, and then pittance on meds or digipicks if I see them on a vendor.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Played this for an hour or so on PC. After Baldur Gate 3, it's kind of disappointing really. Way too many loading/transition screens. This is 2023 and we're still like Skyrim loading into every single different thing. Also, my character can't have a massive lizard cock. 2/10

Seriously though, I'll give it another shot once I finish BG3. Maybe this weekend.

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Played this for an hour or so on PC. After Baldur Gate 3, it's kind of disappointing really. Way too many loading/transition screens. This is 2023 and we're still like Skyrim loading into every single different thing. Also, my character can't have a massive lizard cock. 2/10

Seriously though, I'll give it another shot once I finish BG3. Maybe this weekend.
There's more loading/transition screens in BG3 if you count the amount of saving/reloading I did to sample all the different outcomes in every conversation :D

• 4Worf
  • 2Pathetic
  • 2Hodjing
Reactions: 7 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
There's more loading/transition screens in BG3 if you count the amount of saving/reloading I did to sample all the different outcomes in every conversation :D
A fair point....if you're a save-scumming degenerate!

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users